Platinum LED Headlamps - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Platinum LED Headlamps in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Thanks WaterKing! Three questions: Which method would you recommend for easy reinstallation of the HID headlamps? Method 2? I want ...
    zach2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade Luxury w/Full Platinum Exterior

Re: Platinum LED Headlamps

Thanks WaterKing! Three questions:

Which method would you recommend for easy reinstallation of the HID headlamps? Method 2? I want to be able to put the HIDs back in case I need to take it to the dealership. If anything electrical goes wrong in my vehicle, having these headlamps with modified wiring would be a great way for the dealer to void my warranty, at least on electrical issues.

Secondly, and I hate to bother with this as you have already posted some very helpful info which I can tell took time, but can you provide a step-by-step instruction list on the recommended method for the 2012? If it's too much to ask I understand, but I am not too experienced in wiring and the diagrams do not do much for me. It would be much easier for me (and maybe even others interested) in a step list since you seem to have unbelievably great knowledge on the subject. Even if my wiring turns out to be slightly different than a 2012, I will know what all it takes and can make any necessary changes to the instruction list for myself. At this point I am still pretty mixed up on instructions and am leaning towards leaving it with no DRL when I get these lights installed. I would actually be much more comfortable mailing my harness(es) off and paying a company or person to wire it for me so it will be a plug-and-play deal when I get it back...but no such service exists.

Lastly, earlier you had said that swapping the front (LED) harness was easy, do you care to post what all that took? To me it seems like it would be difficult to remove a large harness that covers all the lights in the front. I would like to know what parts had to be removed and all that in case I need to just let my dealership handle it.

moekhansa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade
    I have a 2008 platinum and it does not have the led lights. Where can i buy them for a good price and would my truck be pre wired for them or do i have to do the wiring also.

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

I doubt your truck will be pre-wired for them ... like any Escalade with stock HIDs it will have the non compatible HID harness.

I think all of you guys might soon have a shot at buying my almost new lamps and harness at a discounted price ... I'll decide in the next few days.

I would if I hadn't already bought the left LED lamp. BUT this one is "tested as-is" (but the other side was sold beforehand and was working) so we'll see. I may need the set. I am still looking for a harness though, so if you decide to sell I'll be interested.

Do you know where i can look for some used ones?

There's usually a few on the ebay ... sometimes they're for sale at a decent price.

Yeah the other day I forgot to bid on one and when I checked it had sold for $200. Unbelievable.

If it sold for $200 you probably don't want it on your truck.

I have decided to leave the DRLs alone unless a simpler solution arises that does not require modifying factory wiring and thus voiding warranty...but WaterKing can you please explain to me how you changed the front harness? I just need to know how big of a process that is and what all is required to get that changed.

mycaddi408 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade Lux Edition

So let me get this straight....I have a 2007, if I get the TQ4 harness and the Led lights, it will work????? I just wont have a "full" functioning DRL??? I am going to change my front and rear bumpers soon. Might as well do the lights too.

Or I might just skip all the BS and do what Eric did
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-lights-2.html

Yes, you will have everything but functioning DRL. I don't think they are worth all the wiring trouble to get working nor are they noticeable enough in the daylight to even serve their own purpose very well.

Hi folks,

Okay so this is what is happening ...

I keep having to raise the driver's side headlamp because it keeps dropping every time I go over a good sized bump on the road. As you know this is the second driver's side lamp that's had this issue, so obviously something on my truck is triggering it, although i can't for the life of me figure out what. GM is sending me another replacement lamp, but this one is likely to be the last one because at some point they'll put the blame on me and stop sending me $2000 replacement lamps. This, and the fact that despite waterking's assistance I have not been able to get the DRL to function at the reduced intensity it is supposed to, have made me decide to revert back to my HID housings.

So in a little bit I'm going to put the LED headlamps and harness on the sticked sales thread. The driver's side will be a NIB lamp and the passenger side used for a couple of weeks in 'like new' condition. The harness will be the modified version that enables to have low beam DRLs, or you can just use it without the DRL feature. Everything else, including automatic lights works as intended.

Just giving you guys a heads up in case you want to pick up a basically new set at a reduced price. I'll wait a few days to list them on the ebay to give CF members first shot at them.

For sale post: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3265788

Thanks everyone for your help ... hopefully someone will have better luck than me with this setup.

Ill buy them call it sold

Is there any chance I could buy the harness alone? That would be my only way of having working DRLs as I can't wire it myself and no one anywhere near me wants to touch it. One that is ready-to-install is exactly what I need and my only solution for DRLs. Whoever wants the headlights for $2300 can easily purchase a standard harness, and I'm sure they will have a lot more experience to wire the DRLs than I ever will.

On another note, I kind of think your modified harness could be causing the headlamp "dropping" issue because that is what controls them and if the lights themselves are untouched, and no one else had this issue, then it would definitely point to the modified harness...

Well, let me see if m wants to have drl use. If he does I have to sell it him with the package. If he doesn't I'd have to subtract what it will cost him to get a new LED harness from his sale price so he can buy one, and pass that cost on to you. I'll let you know.

Btw, so far as I know there's no state in the US that actually mandates DRL usage. It's usually a manufacturer decision whether to provide it or not. On a side note in case you're not aware, I need to let you know that swapping harnesses is not an easy job on these trucks. It takes several hours and some knowhow.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.