Adios... I guess. :(
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Adios... I guess. :( in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello everyone! long time no see and I hope you guys didnt get hurt much from Mrs. Sandy, if you ...
    Daniel10Slade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade "Luxury Trim"

Adios... I guess. :(

Hello everyone! long time no see and I hope you guys didnt get hurt much from Mrs. Sandy, if you are on the east coast.

I just got myself a 2011 F-150 SVT Raptor SuperCrew(financing for 72mo) and this truck is like...well....FREAKING AMAZING!! and btw photos are below.

I still have the Caddi, but im getting it to a body shop to fix a humongous dent on the drivers door and rear bumper(thanks alot Sandy),
    And after the restoration is done Im gonna go see if MB can get me out of my 5-month lease and put me on a new ML350.

Sorry for the bad news but, i'm annoyed at how long it takes to stop the Caddi, I'm tired of that useles 3rd row that doesnt fold flat, i'm tired of that stupid center console and its squeaks, i'm tired of the 2nd row's inadequate leg room and finally i'm tired of the Stealership's BS.

Who knows, maybe its 5months more, I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

Re: Adios... I guess. :(

Love the truck! Was thinking about one of those myself... but not this year... maybe next vehicle.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Get a GL, got a GL550 and it rocks, and have a GL63 on order to replace that. Good luck with your new truck, it maybe the only ford truck I would buy. I can not say anthing bad about my last Escalade, it took buying 12 of them since 2003, but this one is really good, maybe less interior noise than my GL550, less exhaust of course.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    The new GL63 is nice! I had a 07 GL before the escalade and that truck was junk, I really hope they improved on the new ones...

Salvage101 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

I just made a post the other day bout trading my truck in for one of those bad boys as soon as i get her back from the dealer. Good luck wit it and red and black is the best color!

kazza93203 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade
    GL's are nice. Only thing is watch the tire wear and brake wear. They tend to wear out very quickly. If you hv a option to pick rim size, dnt go with the 21. You'll hv a hell of a time looking for a tire shop that carrys a 21 inch tire.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by kazza93203 View Post
    GL's are nice. Only thing is watch the tire wear and brake wear. They tend to wear out very quickly. If you hv a option to pick rim size, dnt go with the 21. You'll hv a hell of a time looking for a tire shop that carrys a 21 inch tire.
    I am hooked up with great tire shops because of being in the wheel business for years, getting the 21's for the summer is no issue, but finding good snow tires is an issue in 21", so I got a set of MB 20" wheels for the 550, they clear the calipers, but will not clear the calipers on the GL63 because they are 6 piston front brakes, so I will make a set of 20's for the new truck. Yea you really need to rotate the tires often or they won't last.

Whats up everyone! Thought I'd keep you guys posted on the verdict and sorry for bringing up an old thread. I finally got a 2013 GL450 with almost all the bells and whistles!! And my lease price is the same.

What can I say, I thought i was gonna miss my Escalade but...I was wrong, I totally forgot about it. The smartkey, the fit-and-finish, IM BLOWN AWAY!!!!!

Will post pics of my GL after it's washed

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/...pse5bd651b.jpg

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

Is the 2013 the new re-design? We didnt like the 2012 when we looked at it, and ended up with the Escalade, but the newer GL's I like how they changed some esthetics (not sure if its 13 or 14 thats changed)

ELUSIVE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel10Slade View Post
    What can I say, I thought i was gonna miss my Escalade but...I was wrong, I totally forgot about it. The smartkey, the fit-and-finish, IM BLOWN AWAY!!!!!
    I find it ironic that you say you forgot about the Escalade, but yet you came back to the Escalade forum to tell us how great your MB is. LOL

wesyder is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel10Slade
    Whats up everyone! Thought I'd keep you guys posted on the verdict and sorry for bringing up an old thread. I finally got a 2013 GL450 with almost all the bells and whistles!! And my lease price is the same.

Will post pics of my GL after it's washed

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/...pse5bd651b.jpg
    Im hoping maintenance is included in that lease

zam2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV, GL, S class

I have an Escalade ESV, a GL450, and an S550. All three came fully loaded, with almost all factory options.

Favorite car for the family (myself included): the Escalade. It's the oldest among the three cars that we have, the least polish, the worst ride, the dash & leather & interior quality is nowhere near the GL (and years behind the S550).

But over all, we love it: power, look, room/space, navigation/electronic (German car shouldn't have vavigation anymore, they're unusable). Space on both second and third row are plenty, and you still have plenty of room behind the third row.

The Escalade is the one that we go out for nice dinner, we take for out of town trips, we go just about everywhere as family, a car that I take my buddies out to bar on weekend.

And so far, the most reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by wesyder View Post
    Im hoping maintenance is included in that lease
    Yes, ofcourse.

Quote Originally Posted by ELUSIVE View Post
    I find it ironic that you say you forgot about the Escalade, but yet you came back to the Escalade forum to tell us how great your MB is. LOL
    I'm just sharing my story, thats all.

Back in 2010, I was cross shopping the GL450(Assembly is in Tuscaloosa, AL) and the Escalade. I really liked the GL but chose the Escalade because it was an all american car and hoping that im doing the right thing.

Turns out, it was a wrong decision.

My list of cons:

1) Cadillac emblem colors fading all over the place(Back, Front, and Wheels).

2) Useless 3rd Row that doesn't fold flat and almost no space behind it for grocery shopping.

3) Poor Fit-And-Finish.

4) Rides like a box on wheels compare to my GL.

5) The vehicle looks big on the outside but on the inside it feels so small, 2nd row feels cramped and you have to sit like a soldier

6) No Smartkey on a $75,000 vehicle ?? Come on.

7) Constant failure of heated/ventilated seats.

8) Door panels, trim around the gauge cluster, center console and plastic under the steering wheel are squeaking.

9) Awkward seating position and its not just me.

10) Horrible gas mileage compare to my GL who's averaging about 16mpg purely city and my best with the Escalade was 11mpg.

11) Slower than the GL by 1 second but yet has way more power than the GL??? Thats German Engineering.

12) No telescopic steering wheel ?? boo!!

Put it this way, the Escalade is not a GL.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by zam2000 View Post

But over all, we love it: power, look, room/space, navigation/electronic (German car shouldn't have vavigation anymore, they're unusable). Space on both second and third row are plenty, and you still have plenty of room behind the third row.
    Im not sure about the navigation part, but on my GL its planets ahead and so far other german navs did get the job done.

I was thinking of getting an ESV(in 2010) but why take it if the GL has similiar interior dimensions ? except behind 3rd row.

Its perfectly fine if you like it, each to his/her own.

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    I had a 2007 GL and it was the biggest POS I have ever had, I dumped in 2011 when it got off warranty. I have had the escalade since 2010 and its probably the best vehicle I ever had. I have had G wagans, MLs, GLs, SLs they were all POS. they were in the shop every 2 weeks smh.

ELUSIVE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel10Slade View Post
    I'm just sharing my story, thats all.
    I was just giving you a hard time. I agree with you on many points about the Escalade and have been very vocal about many of them on here.
    For me the justification of the Escalade was the ESV. There is really nothing out there that can compete for what I needed (7 people in seat belts while towing a 24 foot wakeboard boat and still make a full trip to Costco).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.