Adios... I guess. :( - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Adios... I guess. :( in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by Daniel10Slade Im not sure about the navigation part, but on my GL its planets ahead and so ...
    zam2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV, GL, S class

Re: Adios... I guess. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel10Slade View Post
    Im not sure about the navigation part, but on my GL its planets ahead and so far other german navs did get the job done.

I was thinking of getting an ESV(in 2010) but why take it if the GL has similiar interior dimensions ? except behind 3rd row.

Its perfectly fine if you like it, each to his/her own.
    Just about every devices that we use now, smart phone, tablet, have touch screen & fast response. Yes Mercedes (and BMW too) still insist that you use the joy stick to control the cursor on the screen, and they're not that fast either.

The navigation systems on my S and GL are not really problem to me, however, as I never use them, the one on iphone is so much better, and touch & type is the way to go for me. Imagine an iphone or galaxy with a joystick, pretty much same reason why BlackBerry die.

As for third row, since I have captain on second row, and it being an ESV, access and room to 3rd row is both easy and plenty. On the GL, even if the power, access to third row is tough, and there isn't much room after the third row (or even in 3rd row). We need space for the double stroller, and the space behind the 3rd row in the GL can't accommodate that. That said, I agree with you that each have different needs & preference for car/truck.

As for smart key, I'm not a big fan of it, as I don't understand the whole purpose. My Benz have keyless start, but we still plug in the key, for the easy of aux/video when park. Cadillac key have transponder built in anyway. I lost the Mercedes key twice, $350/each to replace, and it's PIA when the battery is weak. The Cadi key also been replaced once, I bought the key from eBay, got it cut (based on the 2nd key), program based on the manual, $30 all together. In the winter or hot summer, the remote start on the Cadi work well for us.

kazza93203 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade
    I work at mercedes benz, fix and drive these things all day long. I still wouldn't own one though. Nothing like jumping in my escalade. Although the smart key is cool and all, well on my part cause that's just more money for me to fix. Trust me its not perfect. Neither the Cadillac. I can say for a fact that mercedes has the best technology out there. Is it perfect? No. But hey atleast they are improving and expanding.

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

Quote Originally Posted by kazza93203 View Post
    I work at mercedes benz, fix and drive these things all day long. I still wouldn't own one though. Nothing like jumping in my escalade. Although the smart key is cool and all, well on my part cause that's just more money for me to fix. Trust me its not perfect. Neither the Cadillac. I can say for a fact that mercedes has the best technology out there. Is it perfect? No. But hey atleast they are improving and expanding.
    How do they feel about you pulling up in an escalade at work everyday? lol

kazza93203 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade
    Also why are you guys comparing cars that are not in the same field? We can compare a 30k Mercedes C class and 30k Escalade(that's what I paid for mine) and the escalade will always come out on top. If you expect better quality then go with the Platnium. That's a better dash, seats, dual exhaust, and all the bells and whistles. To say a 75k escalade isn't up to par is a understatement. THAT'S NOT what you paid! Besides its a lease and that's like renting a 700k beach front home and comparing it to a 400k house someone actually owns? Both great company's. ok end of vent... Lol

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by ELUSIVE

I was just giving you a hard time. I agree with you on many points about the Escalade and have been very vocal about many of them on here.
    For me the justification of the Escalade was the ESV. There is really nothing out there that can compete for what I needed (7 people in seat belts while towing a 24 foot wakeboard boat and still make a full trip to Costco).
    +1 ^^^^ its about fitting your personal needs and a small suv (range or mercedes) wont work for me

bigirb2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade

Quote Originally Posted by zam2000 View Post
    I have an Escalade ESV, a GL450, and an S550. All three came fully loaded, with almost all factory options.

Favorite car for the family (myself included): the Escalade. It's the oldest among the three cars that we have, the least polish, the worst ride, the dash & leather & interior quality is nowhere near the GL (and years behind the S550).

But over all, we love it: power, look, room/space, navigation/electronic (German car shouldn't have vavigation anymore, they're unusable). Space on both second and third row are plenty, and you still have plenty of room behind the third row.

The Escalade is the one that we go out for nice dinner, we take for out of town trips, we go just about everywhere as family, a car that I take my buddies out to bar on weekend.

And so far, the most reliable.

big money!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol i wanna be like you when i grow up.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by zam2000 View Post
    I have an Escalade ESV, a GL450, and an S550. All three came fully loaded, with almost all factory options.

Favorite car for the family (myself included): the Escalade. It's the oldest among the three cars that we have, the least polish, the worst ride, the dash & leather & interior quality is nowhere near the GL (and years behind the S550).

But over all, we love it: power, look, room/space, navigation/electronic (German car shouldn't have vavigation anymore, they're unusable). Space on both second and third row are plenty, and you still have plenty of room behind the third row.

The Escalade is the one that we go out for nice dinner, we take for out of town trips, we go just about everywhere as family, a car that I take my buddies out to bar on weekend.

And so far, the most reliable.

Hello zam2000,

We love to hear you and your family enjoy the Escalade so much! It is such a great vehicle that offers a lot of space and is awesome to show off to others and have them also enjoy it. Have fun driving it around!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

----------

Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    I had a 2007 GL and it was the biggest POS I have ever had, I dumped in 2011 when it got off warranty. I have had the escalade since 2010 and its probably the best vehicle I ever had. I have had G wagans, MLs, GLs, SLs they were all POS. they were in the shop every 2 weeks smh.
    Hello BEarle,

We love to hear your Escalade is possibly the best vehicle you have had! It is such a great vehicle that offers a lot of space and is fun to share with others. Enjoy driving your Escalade around!

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by kazza93203 View Post
    Hello kazza93203,

That is awesome to hear about your Escalade! Which model and year do you own? I would love to own an Escalade; I hear great things about it and I love the luxury and space it offers.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.