2008 Escalade seat heater terminal plug melted ccsm
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2008 Escalade seat heater terminal plug melted ccsm in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I just wanted to add my picture of the melted plug on the passenger side seat CCSM. Its off my ...
    douglascase is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

2008 Escalade seat heater terminal plug melted ccsm

I just wanted to add my picture of the melted plug on the passenger side seat CCSM. Its off my sister's 2008 Escalade. Dealer said over $700 to fix. She just wrote customer assistance but we are doubtful they will acknowledge the issue. Its ashame since she was planning on purchasing a 2013 $86,000+ but may have to reconsider. We just put on new front shocks and hubs for $3,300. The car has 110,000 miles on it and has not been abused. I am hopeful that the industry will change their thinking and address a problem when it surfaces and not wait until they are forced to. I think this web site is the most valuable not only to the owners but to the manufacturer as well. At least I think it is a legetimate concern. Oh well my two cents.....By the way, one thread on this subjust had over 10,000 views on this subject.IMG-20130131-00097.jpg
    ocjmakaveli and Nojake like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum / 2010 SRX Premium
    Funny how GM ripped out the Heated Washer system, instead of working in a solution, talk to just about any dealer about it and they will tell you so many stories about trucks spontaneously going on fire with that system. This looks like a recall if I ever saw one. Melted wiring, no fuse blowing...... Hmmm...

Hey, you smell smoke ...

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

Re: 2008 Escalade seat heater terminal plug melted ccsm

that looks like a fire risk if you ask me...

Douyon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade Platinum

I had same exact issue. Dealer stated "Found no communication with climate control set module. Inspected and found main CCSM Connector to be melted due to resistance in connector terminals. Had to cut open and replace connector body and replace terminals and rewire. Also replaced melted CSM. I attached a picture of mine as well. Identical to your picture.
    ccsm.jpg
    ocjmakaveli likes this.

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

So to clarify this is the wire set for the heated seats? This could be happening to all 4 seats then... definately going to flag this to check before warranty is over... unless they are smart enough to have a safety recall....

----------

I might even pull it on my 2012 and see if there are any noticeable changes from 08 to 12... should be interesting.

SLVIPER is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

Thumbs down Re: 2008 Escalade seat heater terminal plug melted ccsm

Quote Originally Posted by sdgc View Post
    So to clarify this is the wire set for the heated seats? This could be happening to all 4 seats then... definately going to flag this to check before warranty is over... unless they are smart enough to have a safety recall....

----------

I might even pull it on my 2012 and see if there are any noticeable changes from 08 to 12... should be interesting.
    Same Problem with My 08! Just out of warranty, Remote starting in cold weather melts the connector. Widely known design flaw Does Cadillac step up and fix it? Fat chance.

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

I had my replaced under GMPP I want to know did they put a better connector or prevented this from happening again. You can buy parts for a whole lot less. But shocks to last 110k miles is not to bad I had to replace my fronts at 83k miles but I do live in NYC. The backs are still good. Save your 86k and buy the 2015 one. Just fix those little thinks, you already replaced the shocks so you have a new truck anyways for awhile. That is the main control unit so the rest of the seats should be fine.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Douglascase, I'm so sorry to read about your frustration! You mentioned writing to GM about this concern. Was it me that you emailed? I'm available at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and am answering my emails as soon as possible for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

dukedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade Luxury

2010 Escalade seat heater terminal plug melted ccsm

2010 Escalade Luxury edition and both front seat heaters were not working. Checked the terminal plug that connects to the ccsm (climate control seat module) and found a burnt connector. If you are looking at the connector with the clip at the top it was the second connector/hole from the left to the right on the top. The wire color was a dark burgundy. I cleaned the connector and bent the pin on the ccsm slightly. This fixed problem, however, I am sure this will only temporarily fix the issue.

Two questions:

1. Can someone validate that the burgundy white is the ground and/or tell me which wire this is?

2. It appears that the connector plastic was only burn around this one connector and therefore made it a loose fit. Can you replace just the white plastic top on the connector? If so, part number?

Thank you to everyone on this forum for all your help in identifying the problem and hopefully GM will start to acknowledge this problem. It definelty is a possible fire hazard.

Dukedrummer

Rustico is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

My heated and cooled seats front driver and front passenger don't work. What do I do? Can I buy just the plug that is melted (what would be the part number) and cut the wires? Do I need a new box what is that part number?

I just learned the GM part number for the ccsm is 15232555

and the Ac delco part number is 15326110 for the connector

Here are some pictures.

melt3.jpg

melt4.jpg

melt2.jpg

melt1.jpg

I just found this post that is VERY INFORMATIVE and Helpful. I would like to reference it

Re: 2007 cadillac escalade ext heated seats dont work PLEASE help!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...d-seats-2.html

"Hi - had same issue on my 07 - I called GM and but came up short - I had it looked at by the dealer and the said it had melted connector, module and programming + labor $610. I bought a connector (15326110) and set out to inspect the module. As indicated its under the passenger seat mounted under the seat cushion (Grey Motorola box) it has 2 small Connectors and a large black connector, pop the blue retainers back on the small con and insert a flat head into the large by the snap feature on top. It took me a lot of prying as the connector had melted to the module. I unscrewed the module (2 x 10mm Deep socket) and pulled it in front of the seat and got 2 screwdrivers and wedged out the black connector. (Unhook the Neg on the Battery) First I cleaned the Seat module and opened it up (snap off lid) there was no signs of damage or burned circuits so I set it aside. Now the tricky bit, (TAKE A PICTURE OF THE CONNECTOR UPPER AND LOWER TRACKS OR DRAW A PICTURE SO YOU KNOW WHICH WIRES GO IN WHICH TERMINAL) the black wire was melted hard so I could not find any information of the Delphi 280 GT series apart from a data sheet for installation, so the trick here is the Grey snap in retainer hold the connector terminal in place and you need either a tool for remove this but I just used a small hacksaw blade and carefully cut around the pins. Finally for the con apart and you now have the terminal pins locked in for this I took a staple and opened it up and hit the end with a hammer to make a very small flat head screwdriver (my watch repair tools were too big) then you can slip this under the terminal and it unlocks the terminal it took about 1.5 hrs to hack away. Now check the burned terminal and replace if need be (I do not have the number to hand as there are 2 sizes for either the thick or thin wire) Caution - the new connector has a side lock mechanism so do not snap this before you are happy with where the cables are, click the terminal pins into the new connector make sure you have them with the flat edge closest to the center separation on the upper and lower pins. Once all the pins are in ensure they make a small snap and are temporary locked - check the picture or diagram you made earlier (if you goof one up use the staple trick to unhook) then press the Grey side lock (triangular shape) snap and it clamps the whole cable connector assembly tight.
    I then connected it back to the module and reconnected the battery - turned on the ignition and let it run through the lights an fired up the engine and turned on the heated seat - got a click and 5 sec later it clicked off (no joy) devastated I went inside for a cold beer....looked in the manual and went through all the fuses that could be related and found a cooled seat fuse (refer to owners or I can post a picture) in the side fuse box (open drivers door and it’s the panel to the left of the light switch on the side (click it off from bottom) get a long nose pliers or if you have small hand and removed the 30A fuse – it was blown - slipped a new green fuse in and fired it up - seats now operate hot and cold - job Done. Should be covered for vehicles outside Warrantee in my view and it appears a lot have this issue. I own a 04 Envoy and never had anywhere near as many problems this 07 Esco’ "
    ---Nick Lewis

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...d-seats-2.html

From my gm service manual

#PIT4609: Heated / Cooled Seat Inoperative - keywords cool front heat information inop interior KB6 MTM seats TED warm - (Mar 26, 2008)

Subject: Heated / Cooled Seat Inoperative

Models: 2007-2008 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV & EXT

With Heated And Cooled seats (RPO KB6)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
    Some customers may comment that the heated or cooled seat feature is inoperative for either the driver or passenger front seat. The cause may be a poor connection at the climate control seat module (CCSM) C1 pin E circuit 4740 (2007 model year) or X1 pin E circuit 4740 (2008 model year).

Recommendation/Instructions:
    Closely inspect CCSM C1 pin E or X1 pin E for proper pin fit. Also check for any distortion of the connector housing or CCSM that could cause a poor connection. If any distortion is found, replace the CCSM and connector.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a ""do-it-yourselfer"". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the

wadman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade and 2004 Escalade

I'm having the same problem with my 2007 with 105,000 miles on it. dealer said they never heard of the problem but if i give him $105 he would take a look at it for me and tell me what i need.

i just bought this (ACDelco 15326110 Connector/Pigtail (Body Sw & Rly))

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACDelco-1532...71198145429%26

and I'm hoping i can splice it in and put a fuse on that wire that is burning up so the truck does not catch on fire. I'm also going to get a small fire extinguisher to keep in the truck. I'm glad i did not buy this truck brand new $60,000 and it won't even heat the seats.

Bobtrottier is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 escalade esv

I just fixed mine by removing the module, soldering a 16 ga wire to a large pad connected to the pin. Drilled a hole in the housing then attached this with a connector to the wire originally feeding the connector. Cost $2 for the connector

Bob

hrpatel17926 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
    Guys my black wire was melted. I cut it and spliced to the harness wire an inline 10a fuse. if it gets hot the fuse should blow before my truck is on fire. Just a thought. Then I used some diaelectric grease for good connectivity.

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

I also took out the CSM took it apart used a dermal tool cut clean the tab, soldered a wire nice thick one from a lamp cord cut the burnt wire in my case was the red positive used a electrical twist connector and has been working since. I took my chance to fix it. I now live in the city so the remote start wont be used anymore since I am in a garage.

This forum did help me save time and money learning about my truck, awesome web site.

hrpatel17926 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
    Ok so here is a question, how come different wires are melting and its not consistent. Mine was black another was red etc other posts maybe orange?

Is something different failing in all of our cases.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.