2007 Escalade ELECTRICAL SYSTEM problem ??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 Escalade ELECTRICAL SYSTEM problem ?? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I just bout a used 2007 Escalade yesterday and this morning i started it up started driving down my street ...
    mpz71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

2007 Escalade ELECTRICAL SYSTEM problem ??

I just bout a used 2007 Escalade yesterday and this morning i started it up started driving down my street and the dash light's were blinking and the radio was blinking . I put my foot down on the gas a little and it didnt go anywhere

(felt like the the clutch was riding on a stick shift car) i was going like 5 mph. So i pulled over shut the car off took the key out and hit the unlock button 3 times put the key back in and started it up no problems was normal. Does anyone know what could have caused this ?

I took it to the Dealer in Michigan this morning . They didnt have time to look at it today. Im hopeing that it is something thats not going to cost me alot of $ . I will let you know if they find anything out tomorrow

Thank You if anyone have any Ideas

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Johnnyfly123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 2007 Escalade ELECTRICAL SYSTEM problem ??

Do you have any modules installed that allow DVD in motion, or Controls In Motion? Do you have an ipod connector installed? Many of these aftermarket products can cause issues like this, especially if the dipswitches on the modules are not set properly.

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

I apologize for not being able to provide any answers to your question, but; why remove the key and hit the door lock switch three times??

wwceaton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade base

Check and clean all battery conections and then remove and clean the main grounds to body frame and engine, This should fix it for you. I just had fixed one Monday for that same isue. Good luck

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Look at the battery and the cables, if it has a Delco battery you may want to start there, many of us have had problems with Delco batteries

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Mpz71, I'm looking forward to reading your dealer updates when you get the chance to post! Please let me know if you would like me to contact your dealer at any point to check on your vehicle's status or ask them any vehicle questions you have. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

mpz71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Thank you wwceaton that was the problem Low Voltage main ground was dirty. so happy it didnt cost me big bucks

----------

Katie,
    The Problem was main ground cable ditry the dealer told me it threw a low voltage code also. Thank you for you help. My Cadillac dealer is awesome.

Thank you everyone for your help[COLOR="Silver"]

----------

2008ext is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 escalade ext

Katie, sounds like you know abaut these escalades.
    I would appreciate your oppinion; I have a 2008 EXT, my heated seats quit working. The local chevy dealer told me they can run a diagnostic test and tell me exactly what the problem is.
    Well, they told me they do not have the equipment for the caddy. The worst thing is, when I got in my truck the rear viwe camara and the back-up lighs are not working. They tell me that the rear view camara module is under the passanger seat. I sure would appreciate some ideas from you or anyone with more knowledge than me.

Thanks

Kaz

Quote Originally Posted by mpz71 View Post
    ...Katie,
    The Problem was main ground cable ditry the dealer told me it threw a low voltage code also. Thank you for you help. My Cadillac dealer is awesome...[COLOR="Silver"]
    Thank you very much for reporting the dealer's resolution, mpz71! I'm glad you were pleased with your service, and please feel free to email me anytime you may have future questions.

Quote Originally Posted by 2008ext View Post
    I would appreciate your oppinion; I have a 2008 EXT, my heated seats quit working. The local chevy dealer told me they can run a diagnostic test and tell me exactly what the problem is.
    Well, they told me they do not have the equipment for the caddy. The worst thing is, when I got in my truck the rear viwe camara and the back-up lighs are not working. They tell me that the rear view camara module is under the passanger seat. I sure would appreciate some ideas from you or anyone with more knowledge than me.

Thanks

Kaz
    Thanks for elaborating on your concern, Kaz! I'd be happy to look into this matter further for you, so please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com at your convenience. Sending the last eight of your VIN would help my research greatly. Unfortunately, I am typically off duty during the weekends but will be back in the office Monday (2/4) to address any email you send.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Mr ESV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 Escalade ESV
    Quote Originally Posted by 2008ext

Thanks

Kaz
    Kaz...any update on your rear camera issue? Anything you may have would help me out looking into the same issue with my '07. Thx

07 bluechip ESV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

Just got our 07 last week. Only 70k miles on it. It's beautiful and drives and rides awesome! My wife is so very happy because she has waited for a big SUV for so long. Unfortunately since we got it both running boards have once each acted up, the CEL has come on and now the airbag light is on! It seems like the gremlins are moving around! Before I got on here I was thinking maybe grounds could be an issue. I think I'll have a look tomorrow. It certainly can't hurt to clean things up. Battery isn't an original. I think its autocraft and about a year old.

Quote Originally Posted by 07 bluechip ESV View Post
    Just got our 07 last week. Only 70k miles on it. It's beautiful and drives and rides awesome! My wife is so very happy because she has waited for a big SUV for so long. Unfortunately since we got it both running boards have once each acted up, the CEL has come on and now the airbag light is on! It seems like the gremlins are moving around! Before I got on here I was thinking maybe grounds could be an issue. I think I'll have a look tomorrow. It certainly can't hurt to clean things up. Battery isn't an original. I think its autocraft and about a year old.
    Hello 07 bluechip ESV,

Congratulations on your recent purchase of your Escalade! I do apologize that you are experiencing concerns with your CEL and airbag light illuminating. Are you planning on taking your vehicle into a Cadillac dealership? If so, I would be more than happy to assist you in setting up and appointment and working with the dealership. Please feel free to private message me or send me an email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line if you would like my assistance. I would need your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership that you would like to work with. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.