2007 Escalade -stalling when rolling to a stop
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 Escalade -stalling when rolling to a stop in Cadillac Escalade Forums; ...
    neeners07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

2007 Escalade -stalling when rolling to a stop

My 2007 Escalade (82,500 miles) just started stalling when I roll to a stop after it has been running for a while. It runs perfect otherwise, no loss of power or hesitation on takeoff or under a load. The problem is intermittent and seems to be more frequent when I slow from freeway speeds. I have seen a post on Just Ask with an identical issue on the same year model car but the discussion ended with the dealer tearing down the motor. Does anyone have any suggestions? BTW: I took it to a chevy dealer and they said it could be the fuel pump but they couldn’t find anything wrong and it has done it since.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cadmanchris is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
    Any codes. Had a couple with crank sensor failures.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2007 Escalade -stalling when rolling to a stop

Welcome to the forum, neeners07!
    We're sorry to hear that you're having troubles with your Escalade stalling, and see that you've visited a dealership to get this checked into already. If you would like for us to check into anything further for you, please send us either a private message or an email at katie_lucille@gmexpert.com with further details (including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and approximate mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

When was it tuned up? What was replaced?

wwceaton is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade base

I have seen this problem before in customers vehicals and most the time it turns out to be the drive by wire throttle body, It needs to be replaced but try cleaning it first.

Tec80 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DHS, 2007 ESV

Could also be a stuck converter clutch solenoid in the transmission. Throw it in neutral when coasting down to a stop to verify.

bassaholics is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

was there ever a solution to this problem?????? I also have a 2007 escalade higher mileage, 180,000, and experienced the same stalling problems this weekend while towing my bass boat to the river. VERY FRUSTRATING AS WE STALLED 6 TIMES!!! After the first stall we called a tow truck to pick us up assuming it was the fuel pump that needed to be replaced. When the tow truck arrived it started and we drove it to a shop where we replaced the fuel pump. We left for our trip after having the work done and the problem continued when we hit the desert as we would come to a stop sign or light it would stall. every time we could get it restarted after 30-60 minutes of cranking on it and pulling out and putting back in the fuel pump relay.

This made for a horrible trip and obviously now I don't have any confidence driving the vehicle. I have read all the posts on this forum and it seems nobody has found a solution to the problem?????? We were actually putting it in neutral when coming to a stop after having the problem just trying to get home and it did not stall? BTW without towing the boat I have not had issues at least for the day, been driving and stopping and restarting all day. How can I fix the problem if I don't know what to fix???????

lbrowne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Would a throttle body that's drive by wire have an IAC valve? (Idle Air Control)

I ask because I've have this happen on several other cars I've owned over the years that had a few miles on them. Basically it's job is to allow air in for combustion even though you let your foot off the gas.

Over time the internal plunger can get plugged and either start to stick periodically (which causes the stall when coming to a stop) or completely gets stuck closed meaning the vehicle will only run with foot throttle applied. Hope this helps...

edit: oh and in previous times I've had this problem it never once threw a problem code/engine light.

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by lbrowne
    Would a throttle body that's drive by wire have an IAC valve? (Idle Air Control)

I ask because I've have this happen on several other cars I've owned over the years that had a few miles on them. Basically it's job is to allow air in for combustion even though you let your foot off the gas.

Over time the internal plunger can get plugged and either start to stick periodically (which causes the stall when coming to a stop) or completely gets stuck closed meaning the vehicle will only run with foot throttle applied. Hope this helps...

edit: oh and in previous times I've had this problem it never once threw a problem code/engine light.
    I don't believe our drive by wire system uses an IAC valve, that is why throttle body cleaning is so important

lbrowne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by wesyder View Post
    I don't believe our drive by wire system uses an IAC valve, that is why throttle body cleaning is so important
    Yeah doesn't look like it does have one from a quick check.

soreyfam is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 1995 Deville

Just experienced this same issue with my 07 (104,000mi) Escalade this weekend. Any suggestions on what to clean the throttle body with? Seafoam,etc! Also is Lucas gas treatment wrong for this type of car? I am so use to adding lucas treatment before a long travel to help engine cleaning, I did it to this truck with out thinking.

cutterman is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade Premium Edition

+1 on the crankshaft position sensor. Have replaced this in 2 of my cars with >100k miles. Symptoms were random stalls especially when hot. Otherwise ran fine. No codes thrown.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.