Stream Your Music Wirelessly over Bluetooth
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Stream Your Music Wirelessly over Bluetooth in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey guys here's a project that I am in the middle of that I would like to share with you ...
    Royalton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 Escalade

Stream Your Music Wirelessly over Bluetooth

Hey guys here's a project that I am in the middle of that I would like to share with you all:

Our vehicles have bluetooth for calls but they lack the ability of streaming music. (shows how dated this model year is)

Step 1: Buy a bluetooth receiver. It is a small box available from amazon or bestbuy it is meant to stream from your phone to your home stereo.
    This is the device that I bought, it is a slightly bigger than some of the others but got the best reviews and I dont need to purchase a phono to rca adapter cable
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00
    11.jpg

Step 2: You need to purchase a step down voltage regulator since we want to take our cars regular 12v down to 5v.
    This is the one that I went with. other options are a 5v resistor from radio shack or buying a phone charger or one of those cheap usb port chargers. if you do that than you will need to take it apart and wire it yourself, but at least those provide the correct voltage
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00
    111.jpg

(This is the point I am up to so far)

Step 3: In the rear end of the center console where the rca inputs are, open up the cup holder and unscrew the 2 screws that are closest to the top. pull up and out and that whole panel will pop off. Here is where you splice into a power wire to power up our bluetooth unit. you will cut the cord that came with the unit and hardwire it in here, making sure to use the step down power converter. There MIGHT be a 5v cable in here but I am not sure I have not tested any yet, its doubtfull though so thats why I purchased the step down anyway.

Step 4: Here you have 2 options cut the cars rca cables and splice them into another rca cable and plug that into the bluetooth unit. OR get a regular stereo rca cable, plug one end into the blue tooth unit and the other in to the back or center console, your choice. I am splicing mine because I dont like cables hanging out in the rear.

I think there is enough room inside the empty space of the rear panel that we pulled off for the step down and the bluetooth box. If there is not than I will mount it under a seat

There you have it after this you will be able to wirelessly stream your music and pandora right from your cell phone to your trucks sound system
    Install pics to come soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Patradamus7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade Hybrid

Re: Stream Your Music Wirelessly over Bluetooth

Wow Very Nice!! How does it sound? When I used the rear RCA's plugged into my iphone the sound wasn't nearly as good as a CD to a point I didn't even want to use it.

sparsons79 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

Please post pics...sounds awesome! I currently have the Apple RCA cables plugged in with a $12 bluetooth connection that works with my phone, but would like to get rid of the cable hanging out of the back of the console on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Royalton View Post
    Hey guys here's a project that I am in the middle of that I would like to share with you all:

Our vehicles have bluetooth for calls but they lack the ability of streaming music. (shows how dated this model year is)

Step 1: Buy a bluetooth receiver. It is a small box available from amazon or bestbuy it is meant to stream from your phone to your home stereo.
    This is the device that I bought, it is a slightly bigger than some of the others but got the best reviews and I dont need to purchase a phono to rca adapter cable
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00
    Attachment 100436

Step 2: You need to purchase a step down voltage regulator since we want to take our cars regular 12v down to 5v.
    This is the one that I went with. other options are a 5v resistor from radio shack or buying a phone charger or one of those cheap usb port chargers. if you do that than you will need to take it apart and wire it yourself, but at least those provide the correct voltage
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00
    Attachment 100437

(This is the point I am up to so far)

Step 3: In the rear end of the center console where the rca inputs are, open up the cup holder and unscrew the 2 screws that are closest to the top. pull up and out and that whole panel will pop off. Here is where you splice into a power wire to power up our bluetooth unit. you will cut the cord that came with the unit and hardwire it in here, making sure to use the step down power converter. There MIGHT be a 5v cable in here but I am not sure I have not tested any yet, its doubtfull though so thats why I purchased the step down anyway.

Step 4: Here you have 2 options cut the cars rca cables and splice them into another rca cable and plug that into the bluetooth unit. OR get a regular stereo rca cable, plug one end into the blue tooth unit and the other in to the back or center console, your choice. I am splicing mine because I dont like cables hanging out in the rear.

I think there is enough room inside the empty space of the rear panel that we pulled off for the step down and the bluetooth box. If there is not than I will mount it under a seat

There you have it after this you will be able to wirelessly stream your music and pandora right from your cell phone to your trucks sound system
    Install pics to come soon.
    [COLOR="Silver"]

----------

Sparsons79. What Bluetooth module are you using? Is it hardwired?

Thanks

lee88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Patradamus7
    Wow Very Nice!! How does it sound? When I used the rear RCA's plugged into my iphone the sound wasn't nearly as good as a CD to a point I didn't even want to use it.
    Maybe there's something wrong with your aux cord because I use mine for my iPhone as well and it sounds crystal clear.

Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Patradamus7 View Post
    Use a different cable, It should be perfect sounding. For some reason it is very picky about using a good quality cable. I tried an old cheapy and sounded like a bad ground, switched it to a nice insulated gold plated one and sounds perfect.

Also for those of you asking the blue tooth also sounds CD quality. Bluetooth profiles have come a long way in the past few years. I believe it sends 160hrz compression which is high. higher than a regualar mp3 file

Can anyone give me a link to the exact iPhone cables you are using? I was using genuine Apple cables for my iphone and I I have also tried a couple other pairs of high end cables and the mids and highs are completely clipped like I am listening to a 128 kbps mp3 even though they of course aren't.

Thanks!

Did you try a different device? or turning the device volume up higher and the car stereo volume lower? I connect to my gallaxy s3 phone and always have that volume to the max and my cars volume up just a tad.

I have tried different volumes and settings on the phone and dash. Can't get it to sound good. I have a lot of experience in dabbling with audio at home and car so I am by no means an amateur at this but I can't believe I am the only one who doesn't have good quality music from the rear aux. Any other tips? Thanks!

20121212_184846.jpg

All finished. I cut the power outlet cord and spliced in my 12 to 5v volt step, than cut the power cord to my bluetooth receiver. I decided not to splice the rca cables so I unscrewed the little rca outlet box and connected to it regularly and kept that inside now. I may get a dummy rca outlet replacement off another car just for show, right now I taped up the back of the holes so you dont even notice that they are missing.

There is plenty of space behind the rear console panel for everything and then some. it fit back on perfect. When I'm in the car I just connect to logictech bluetooth, have my radio on aux and wahla I can now stream music from my phone to my car. The quality sounds 100% perfect. My girlfriend even said it sounded better than before.... but what does she know, she's a chick doesn't sound better but sounds exactly the same as plugging in.

oh if you're asking why I taped up the sides of the bluetooth receiver, that was just to make sure if wouldn't make any noise while going over bumps, since it's not exactly mounted or anything.
    Escapade and Escapade like this.

Wow very nice !!

Escapade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 QuickSilverLade

Quote Originally Posted by Patradamus7 View Post
    Can anyone give me a link to the exact iPhone cables you are using? I was using genuine Apple cables for my iphone and I I have also tried a couple other pairs of high end cables and the mids and highs are completely clipped like I am listening to a 128 kbps mp3 even though they of course aren't.

Thanks!
    Apple Store. Apple branded VGA cable should work just fine. Belkin brand is good too.

anhandrew is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV modded out, 2013 ATS LUX 2.5L

I have a question. How do you pair the phone to the unit it if is hidden? Does it lose the pairing when the car turns off? That bluetooth unit pairing button is on the unit is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by anhandrew View Post
    I have a question. How do you pair the phone to the unit it if is hidden? Does it lose the pairing when the car turns off? That bluetooth unit pairing button is on the unit is it not?
    It will depend on what bluetooth receiver you buy. The one I purchased will remember all paired devices even if the power is unplugged. The wire I tapped into though is for the cigarette lighter so my unit stays on always. I paired my phones my gf phone and ipads to it. In the future if I get a new phone I will have to reopen up the back, to pair my new device to it. But by this time comes around I will find a bluetooth receiver that you don't need to push a button on it to pair it, and I will replace it with that one. So far no luck though as they all require a button to be pushed for pairing

beav626 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 EXT

WOW great idea!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.