WDT Plastidip LOVE - Plastidip Pearlizer - MUST SEE
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, WDT Plastidip LOVE - Plastidip Pearlizer - MUST SEE in Cadillac Escalade Forums; So I have played with Plastidip on several other applications and this stuff is absolutely AMAZING. Recently they introduced a ...
    baggedlvintegra is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

WDT Plastidip LOVE - Plastidip Pearlizer - MUST SEE

So I have played with Plastidip on several other applications and this stuff is absolutely AMAZING. Recently they introduced a new Plastidip Pearlizer so of course I had to give it a try and I must say, I AM IN LOVE!!!! Barely played around with it a little bit this evening and I must say for a universal generic pearl spray it matched the stock WDT pretty well. The following is base coat normal matte white Plastidip, 3 full coats Plastidip Pearlizer and Normal Rustoleum Automotive Clear Coat (not even wetsanded yet, will do so tomorrow once fully cured). Here are some pics...I did the full Plastdip job on the hood trim molding, the emblems are merely 1 coat of white with the Pearlizer sprayed while it was still wet, so you can see it slightly lighter and thin on the edges....overall I am IMPRESSED, now I can save big $$$ paint matching out all my trim!!!!

without flash

with flash

Products Used

If you've never seen or heard of Plastidip before, check this vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj68Jji57w8

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Re: WDT Plastidip LOVE - Plastidip Pearlizer - MUST SEE

Wow, that's pretty cool, and it really does look like it matches up well.

My only concern with Plastidip has always been the consequences of going through a car wash, as there are peeps who mention that the combination of high pressure water the cloth brushes have been known to peel it off ... but I guess if that happens it's easy enough to respray it.

Very nice.

I had the wheels on my BMW Plastidipped for a year with NO issues pressure washing at all. I would never use the scrub brush on them but I carried a microfiber sponge to wipe them down after spraying and they always cleaned right up. You do have to take a little extra care with it but with regards to rock chips and nicks it is way stronger and more durable than paint

But you washed that beauty yourself right?

I'm too lazy to do that, plus it's freezing here half the year ... I was talking more about drive through car washes.

o yeah, always wash it myself....I do see how being up north in the snow would interfere with Plastidipping things although I see many up north people dip whole vehicles... I too am very meticulous (not quite as much as you *that will always be a a bit of an inside joke lol* but pretty close) and would never drive any car I own through an automatic car wash, paint swirl galore, no way I could live with that on the WDT

BTW...it's November and the day before Thanksgiving, it was 79 degrees here today, God Bless Texas!!!!

Actually compared to the black tahoe hybrid I used to have the WDT denali i just sold showed no swirl marks from the cloth car wash I take her through once a week. However I do have my trucks detailed with a five step paint correction process, clay bar, the works, twice a year in the spring and fall.

Anyhoot, I didn't mean to change the subject, I'm just trying to figure out if this a plausible strategy for me.

That's awesome, might be the wash you visited but I swear down here one wash will have your paint so swirl'd it would make me cry. X2 on the paint correction / clay bar, it does WONDERS! I imagine it must be necessary up north with the harsh environment for paint....back somewhat on subject, to be honest it almost seems it may be too much maintenance for your situation up north with harsh weather and automatic car washes. I think my situation is much more managable and will make do for the time being. Once I have the color 100% nailed down I'm going to do my fender vents, door molding and lift gate applique like the 2012 Premiums, and should only cost about $40

BlownEscalade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade, '06 Escalade

Nice. Wish I could do the same, but you can't buy the pearlizer here in Canada. Unfortunatelly it's not available.

Fonzie @ dipyourcar.com won't ship to Canada? I thought I had read they won't ship gallons due to certain regulations but I thought they would ship the cans? I see people on eBay selling it as well, no luck shipping up there?....Nobody locally sells it here either, all special order from online

Hazardous good cant go on plane. I contacted Partrick at dip your car.ca and he said its not available in Canada.

bummer man...that's weird too because I see on the dipyourcar forums that there is a mod/DYC sponsor titled DipYourCarCanada, who offers dipping services and does whole vehicles, etc...wonder how they get the dip?

EDIT: Found this https://www.dipyourcar.com/pages.php?pageid=21

Yeah Partrick is in charge of the Canada side of dipyourcar. There are a few paints available here in Canada. But not the Pearlized and the glossy one. Just the flat paint.

texas1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

nice work yup love the texas weather

I sprayed my front bumper when i got it with the clear plasti dip and testing it out how it holds up with rock chips. So far it's held up pretty good

Carneros Red is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Thanks for the tip on Plasti Dip and WDT matching.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.