Premium Platinum Front / Dual Exhaust Rear / Black-Out Window Trim - Lots of Pics - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Premium Platinum Front / Dual Exhaust Rear / Black-Out Window Trim - Lots of Pics in Cadillac Escalade Forums; not true, there is no way to keep the spare and have the dual exhaust bumper, unless they are running ...
    baggedlvintegra is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Re: Premium Platinum Front / Dual Exhaust Rear / Black-Out Window Trim - Lots of Pics

not true, there is no way to keep the spare and have the dual exhaust bumper, unless they are running .5" flat pipe for exhaust

K9Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black

Re: Premium Platinum Front / Dual Exhaust Rear / Black-Out Window Trim - Lots of Pics

It was definitely modified, but it was done. Do a search my friend...

I don't make this crap up.

----------

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...st-full-2.html

Since you don't believe me, I did the search for you. You're welcome!

Scroll down to post #29, there is a full pic of it.

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

There's a kid on TYF who's been repeatedly banned for posting nonsense about other peoples' eskys with premium bumpers and claiming them as his own.

He did post pic of a Tahoe that did the conversion and kept the spare. Of course the main problem with it is that the exhaust pipe is so close to the spare that it either ignite it or melt it rendering it useless. The other problem is that the premium bumper does not have a hoist access point, so unless you're prepared to drill in a new premium bumper to create one the spare becomes moot. Also, the hitch cover width is narrower, so to drill a hoist access hidden behind it you'd also have to modify the hoist access tube itself to re-angle it in a location inside the hitch cover.

Is it possible? Yes.

Is it practical or even advisable? Not really.

A lot easier to get a emergency tire kit like the hybrids and the stock dual exhaust eskys come with.

----------

Yup that's the one.

hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged

Quote Originally Posted by baggedlvintegra View Post
    not true, there is no way to keep the spare and have the dual exhaust bumper, unless they are running .5" flat pipe for exhaust
    You can't get it that way from the factory. I don't know why they call themselves the standard of the world when they don't even have as an option what the competition has standard. Full sized spare under the floor with dual exhaust 2013 GL450

Quote Originally Posted by hannity View Post

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

^^^ You are correct sir. All you have to give up is HP, torque, towing capacity, and presence.
    K9Caddy, K9Caddy, chakde and 1 others like this.

lee88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland
    ^^^ You are correct sir. All you have to give up is HP, torque, towing capacity, and presence.
    LOL

So true!

I'm so tired of seeing that same pic Hannity keeps promoting. No one wants that ugly Mercedes

aaronlade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade 2007

how much did you spend on all your mods?

texas1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

looks nice are you going to dip the rest of the crome pcs like side moldings and vents?

Carneros Red is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Baggedlvintegra,

What is the name of black vinyl product you put on the window chrome? Do you apply it yourself?

Thanks!

texas1...Yes, once I get the color refined to 100% match I'm going to do the fender vents, door molding and rear lift gate applique like the 2012 Premiums

Carneros Red...It's just a roll of gloss black vinyl, you can get it from several places but I just order it from http://www.bmwshadowline.com/shadowlinevinyls.html because that is where I always got it when I did my BMWs. You'll need the 3" Gloss Black Vinyl Roll. You will honestly maybe use like an 1/8th of the whole roll but atleast you have some as backup.

bstiffmanofsteel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Your remodel looks great!

Carneros Red is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baggedlvintegra
    texas1...Yes, once I get the color refined to 100% match I'm going to do the fender vents, door molding and rear lift gate applique like the 2012 Premiums

Carneros Red...It's just a roll of gloss black vinyl, you can get it from several places but I just order it from http://www.bmwshadowline.com/shadowlinevinyls.html because that is where I always got it when I did my BMWs. You'll need the 3" Gloss Black Vinyl Roll. You will honestly maybe use like an 1/8th of the whole roll but atleast you have some as backup.
    Thanks!

mycaddi408 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade Lux Edition

All you need is the platinum hood and lights to complete the "clone" look for exterior

BlownEscalade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade, '06 Escalade

What's the difference between platinum hood and regular hood?

I bet he means the hood trim molding, the platinum hood is the exact same

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.