What is your AVERAGE ECONOMY in your cluster? - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, What is your AVERAGE ECONOMY in your cluster? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; DARN!!!, I missed the name calling... I use my instant trip and gallons used features to gauge my "driving performance" ...
    SUPER LAC DEVILLE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville
    DARN!!!, I missed the name calling...

I use my instant trip and gallons used features to gauge my "driving performance"

Occasionally on a one way trip ill reset both those features and the Avg MPG and Note the End Results for that trip

U can't really take a road trip and calculate your performance on that trip if the computer is using yesterday's calculations combined with today's ... or last weeks

My avg everyday trip to work (city/hwy) and back home is usually between 14&17mpg... Thanks to a gentlemen (Sub) who advised me to replace a faulty FPR that was causing poor 12mpg daily driving performances

Completely concur on the driving habits of the operator tho... U can't expect good double digit MPGS if you're constantly flooring the gas and racing to every red light, which I ALWAYS see other drivers doing...

Ur likely never gonna see double digits if ur driving like u own a hot rod tho

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: What is your AVERAGE ECONOMY in your cluster?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER LAC DEVILLE View Post
    Y'all's new Escalades should easily out perform my 98 Deville IF your driving habits don't adversely affect it
    ^^^ Totally false. Our cars and engines are as comparable to their Escalades and engines as apples are to pumpkins.

If your base Deville does not easily get over 25 mpg long-term highway you have problems.......... It is not uncommon for a Deville or DHS (NOT a new "DTS") to get 28 mpg on 87 octane on a NY - Florida run - with 2 people and luggage aboard

----------

Quote Originally Posted by soulsea View Post
    I don't think there is much of an elevation change tween DC and Miami, it's mostly through low country and Florida
    You ALWAYS get much better gas mileage going from DC to Miami: It's downhill all the way. It's coming back uphill that's the killer ..........

(Where in DC are you ?? I'm a 5th generation Washingtonian - born in the OLD Georgetown Hospital) Karen and I do a Gainesville run twice a year - her younger daughter lives there. The STS gets just under 25 on those hauls.

soulsea is online now defector
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Ice Escalade Premium All Win Drive

Driving style obviously is the main variable among many deciding what one's average MPG will be, as well as terrain, ac usage, gas grade, altitude, temperature, traffic, etc etc. HOWEVER that being said, even with every variable optimized, there is a cap to what the maximum mpg average any vehicle can get determined by its engine size, engine configuration (how it's aspirated, injected, etc), sprung/unsprung weight, rolling resistance, aerodynamics, efficiency of the engine and its drivetrain components (2WD/4WD/AWD).

So yes, in real world conditions there's a way to optimize mpg performance, but only up to a certain point. I mean I could reset my DIC at the top of the mountain and it'll read 99mpg at the bottom because I'll never press the accelerator, but obviously that's no way to accurately measure fuel consumption.

The figures Tec80 claims are a physical impossibility on a stock ESV over any meaningful length of terrain, heck they're beyond the reach of a 5.3 suburban driven by nuns ... believe me if there was the slightest merit to them GM would be more than happy to advertise better mpg numbers, but obviously they cannot duplicate anything near them. In fact Tec80s figures from his ESV are better than those of a Tahoe/Esky Hybrid.

It's just internet nonsense.
    2012 Black Ice Escalade Premium All Win Drive (sold 3/14)

Build Thread: Drop BBK Corsa and 24s

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post

(Where in DC are you ?? I'm a 5th generation Washingtonian - born in the OLD Georgetown Hospital) Karen and I do a Gainesville run twice a year - her younger daughter lives there. The STS gets just under 25 on those hauls.
    Glover Park on 37th tween Calvert and Tunlaw.

9.4 mpg driving around our fair city.

^^^ Totally false. Our cars and engines are as comparable to their Escalades and engines as apples are to pumpkins.

If your base Deville does not easily get over 25 mpg long-term highway you have problems.......... It is not uncommon for a Deville or DHS (NOT a new "DTS") to get 28 mpg on 87 octane on a NY - Florida run - with 2 people and luggage aboard

----------

You ALWAYS get much better gas mileage going from DC to Miami: It's downhill all the way. It's coming back uphill that's the killer ..........

I jus find it hard to believe that with all the Advancements in fuel consumption tech that newer model (Any Cadillac) will perform worse than a 15 year old northstar engine

That would lead me to assume GM has declined in fuel tech development, not improved

I have no expertise but I've been in Escalades with 18/19avgmpg on the dash... I may be presuming to much with such a general statement as those numbers may be from a long trip, I don't know either way

Not trying to debate on an issue I have no expertise in but for me it jus kinda defies logic that GM made no advancements in fuel consumption in 15 years

Also, I haven't had an opportunity to drive long term hwy since I changed the FPR. I can certainly imagine it will make 25mpg or better since I'm easily hint 19/20mpg on short hwy runs

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Quote Originally Posted by soulsea View Post
    Glover Park on 37th tween Calvert and Tunlaw.
    Used to date a girl who lived just off Foxhall, west of you. A daughter went to AU, Dad ran a hardware store on Wisconsin just downhill (northbound) from Tenley Circle. An aunt, dad's older sister, lived at 5050 Loughboro Rd. NW.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER LAC DEVILLE View Post
    I jus find it hard to believe that with all the Advancements in fuel consumption tech that newer model (Any Cadillac) will perform worse than a 15 year old northstar engine
    There is a WORLD of difference between hauling around an Escalade and a Deville/Seville !

Used to date a girl who lived just off Foxhall, west of you. A daughter went to AU, Dad ran a hardware store on Wisconsin just downhill (northbound) from Tenley Circle. An aunt, dad's older sister, lived at 5050 Loughboro Rd. NW.

----------

There is a WORLD of difference between hauling around an Escalade and a Deville/Seville !
    Yes
    The Escalade weighs in at 7200lbs

My Deville weighs in at 4500lbs

I will concede to your point on that

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1000 mile trip straight down I95 starting 7am and getting there late night ... we'll see what she can manage.

JUSTMY2CENTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 ESCALADE ESV

2010 ESV 2WD 47K miles 13.1MPG with 75% CITY 25% HWY on reg gas.

mbdubb2361 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTMY2CENTS
    2010 ESV 2WD 47K miles 13.1MPG with 75% CITY 25% HWY on reg gas.
    What type of gas do you guys use?

Left DC at 7am got to Aventura at 9pm, 1050 miles in exactly 14hrs, which averages to exactly 75mph. I did stop for gas a couple of times and for a burger, and the cruise was set at 77/78mph.

DIC shows exactly 18.4 average mpg, which is about 1mph better than I expected. I guess if I rolled at 65mph without cruise and AC and had a 2wd, 20mpg is possible ... but that's about it on a stock esky on 93 octane.

Tired now ...

bigksone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 ESV, 2004 Escalade
    2008 ESV, 55K with stock 22's. NYC to DC, 18.8 mpg - light traffic most of the way. Return trip 16.2 mpg. Not as lucky with the traffic.

platinumflame is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Ext

I live in Atlanta and my Ext averages 9.6 mpg using super premium gasoline. I wish there was a way to improve the mpg. It rides on 24's so that might be a big reason for the low mpg.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.