What is your AVERAGE ECONOMY in your cluster? - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, What is your AVERAGE ECONOMY in your cluster? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; ...
    Dfost is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade

Re: What is your AVERAGE ECONOMY in your cluster?

Royalton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 Escalade

9.2mpg, last time I reset was maybe 7-8,000 miles ago. 80% of my driving is within a 1 mile range. It used to be in the 8's so I'm actually pretty happy about 9.2 lol. I have 2 lades, my other says 9.7 but I do more highway driving with that one. Another weird thing is that I can fit in about 2-3 more gallons of fuel in my 2009 than in my 2007.

Tec80 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DHS, 2007 ESV

I hit a new record driving to Chicago & back yesterday for a concert. 300 mile round trip, no wind, 23.2MPG. Watching the average during the trip - it went down to 21.4 while driving around town but steadily crept up on the way back.

Side note: Another comment about this being untrue and I'm off this board. You can figure out on your own why you are getting single-digit fuel economy while gas is $4+ per gallon. I'm giving helpful information and spending time typing posts, but no need to do this with naysayer childish comments being made.

From the Terms & Conditions page (maybe some need to read this again):

You may not:
    Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Web Site.

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    What was your average speed for the trip? Also, were you using the a/c or have any windows down?

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Quote Originally Posted by Tec80 View Post
    I hit a new record driving to Chicago & back yesterday for a concert. 300 mile round trip, no wind, 23.2MPG. Watching the average during the trip - it went down to 21.4 while driving around town but steadily crept up on the way back.

Side note: Another comment about this being untrue and I'm off this board. You can figure out on your own why you are getting single-digit fuel economy while gas is $4+ per gallon. I'm giving helpful information and spending time typing posts, but no need to do this with naysayer childish comments being made.

From the Terms & Conditions page (maybe some need to read this again):

You may not:
    Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Web Site.
    Oh please, spare us the quoting of rules ... the sooner you stop insisting that you and your Escalade (ESV no less) somehow reside outside the Laws of thermodynamics the sooner folks will stop calling you a liar.

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

I have gotten 20.5-ish out of mine on a 400 mile trip. I wouldn't say these results are typical because I do pride myself on being able to squeeze everything I can out of a gallon of gas. I would like to get a little more out of it once it gets some miles on it. Another member was getting something like 24+ out if his, this was with extensive tuning though. Not sure he had as much fun driving it as the rest of us do.

My around town/highway mileage is awful though, I like hearing that exhaust note!!!

LowNslow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

It all went out the window after I put a Corsa catback on mine...stupid foot! Keeps mashing on the gas

Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland View Post
    My around town/highway mileage is awful though, I like hearing that exhaust note!!!
    That's the one thing I miss with the OE dual outs ... although it looks it has taken away all of the rumble the 6.2 has with the regular exhaust.

On a side note, in a couple of weeks I'm driving 1000 miles flat ground from DC to Miami on a straight highway shot at night with no traffic ... I'll set the DIC at the start and see what it shows at the end. At 70/75mph I'll be happy if I get 17/18 mpg.

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

17-18mpg is a realistic number with cruise control engaged, although 75mph is kind of fast while trying to get decent mileage. To get good mileage, don't use cruise. You sacrifice a lot by accelerating up hills to maintain speed.

I don't think there is much of an elevation change tween DC and Miami, it's mostly through low country and Florida ... in that setting it might actually consume more gas trying to sustain an average speed footually (I don't know what the foot version of manually is) than to use cruise.

SUPER LAC DEVILLE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville
    1998 Deville Base
    One of my better drives
    Today

12 mile trip hwy (Nonstop)
    0.7 Gallons Gas
    AvgMPG 19.3

Coast uphill
    Accelerate downhill
    Don't stomp on the gas

My best run was 21 miles on 1.3 gallons of gas (Nonstop Drive)

gdirty5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

I believe the above poster being able to get 23mpg. Bc when I first got my 2010 escalade base model with 18 inch wheels. It was after totalling my previous car from loosing control. So I was afraid to drive and drove like a turtle everywhere. Never going above speed limit and always cruising keeping a steady pace and leaving plenty of room between me and other cars. Now that I got my confidence back. I get 13.5mpg's

Tec80 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DHS, 2007 ESV

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    What was your average speed for the trip? Also, were you using the a/c or have any windows down?
    Average speeds varied from 62 (country roads) to 73-75 (I-55). Windows up, air used for about 1/2 the trip.

SUPER LAC DEVILLE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville
    Quote Originally Posted by gdirty5 View Post
    I believe the above poster being able to get 23mpg. Bc when I first got my 2010 escalade base model with 18 inch wheels. It was after totalling my previous car from loosing control. So I was afraid to drive and drove like a turtle everywhere. Never going above speed limit and always cruising keeping a steady pace and leaving plenty of room between me and other cars. Now that I got my confidence back. I get 13.5mpg's
    Once ur vehicle is up to speed, to maximize ur mpg u gotta do some coasting, which requires u to take ur foot OFF the gas for short distances

Any low double digit mpgs is almost always attributed to a constant steady or heavy application to the gas

Y'all's new Escalades should easily out perform my 98 Deville IF your driving habits don't adversely affect it

City driving is the ONLY time u should see low double digit mpg

If ur seeing it on the highway at cruising speeds than u may have a heavy foot

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

As always, fuel mileage depends on the driver, the vehicle, the driving conditions and locations, and the way the driver operates the vehicle.

I don't own a "Cadillac" variant of a GMC or Suburban truck and probably never will - but the rest of the 20-odd vehicles I've owned have had gas mileage splattered all over the map - from <10 mpg to way over 30.

My current 3 - the STS and 2 F-150's - vary widely: The STS goes from a low of ~14 in slow city driving to 25.2 on long Florida runs. Depending on load and road type, the F-150's vary from 11 or so to a max of 18.3 (they're both 4WD 4.6L trucks). Both types use Shell 87, and the STS gets Shell 93 when doing crazy Caroline County road runs or at the Cecil County Dragway.

As in all vehicles with onboard fuel computers, the short-term and long-term figures vary widely, are constantly dynamic, and take longer to settle out on highway trips if you don't reset the totals at fillup and instead simply let the system continuously calculate its own figures. If you learn how to use that little calculator in your cell phone you can always use the time-honored instant gratification fallback at fillup: Miles traveled / gallons used = gas mileage (for that tank).

"My gas mileage is better than your gas mileage" is a moving target argument - there is NO real answer................. and, if someone wants to start an argument they had better be ready for counter-arguments and spicy language - no reason for name-calling or administrative action unless the argument/thread goes into the sewer. Then posts and people begin to disappear.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.