What is your AVERAGE ECONOMY in your cluster? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, What is your AVERAGE ECONOMY in your cluster? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; That's believable. I get 28 loaded with concrete bags, ac full blast, going uphill in the wind.... Both ways!...
    sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    That's believable. I get 28 loaded with concrete bags, ac full blast, going uphill in the wind.... Both ways!

BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE
    Last road trip was 28.7 new tires, alignment, and road force balance, city is still 17 to 18 mpg

Oops..... Sorry mines not an an escalade, pardon.

bigirb2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade

Re: What is your AVERAGE ECONOMY in your cluster?

05 air intake,hypertech tune 17 city 18.5 mix 19.8 hwy

Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum / 2010 SRX Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyShops NY
    I get 10.6 in New York City. I used to get 9.5 but I changed the plugs, 4 Fuel Injectors, Evap canister and purge valve now I am good.
    Why did you change only 4?

----------

Does anyone use e85? How much of a loss in MPG do you see?

2kflhr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade, '97 Eldorado ETC, '97 SS Camaro

I've only put about 500 miles on my 2010 AWD since I bought it and was fretting the decrease in mileage since being accustomed to a 1999 Yukon. So far so good though. Mixed I'm showing 16.9 and took a 300 mile trip pulling a 5.5' X 8.5' heavy built utility trailer and still managed 16.1 mixed city/highway. The Yukon could do no better than that!

I heard many years ago that there is two things a man will likely lie about 1) how many women he's slept with and 2) how many miles a gallon he gets in his truck!
    chakde and chakde like this.

WhiteCherry is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade Hybrid Platinum

2011 Platinum Hybrid AWD 32k miles. Averaging 18.3mpg. Mostly around town driving. Just for reference my 2008 F-150 AWD got about 11mpg.

Banshee8732 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

14.7 last I checked. I just saw a listing for a 2010 Escalade....right under the headline was this: gas saverrrr! LOL.

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

shore is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

ok, here is my latest. We live in daytona. We went to Key West last week and I got these numbers.

17.1mpg down to Miami. 75mph or so. We had bad weather, heavy rain and such. Filled up in Miami and on to Key West. Reset DIC with AC on and passengers. Made it to KW and back to Ft Pierce to refuel. 23gals, got 430+ miles. I was watching the DIC and it said 18.7mpg. I did the math, it was 18.7mpg. Now the trick was the Keys stretch is a 55mph and under zone. You can run 65mph here and there but it's almost 300 miles down and back that stretch. No cruise control. Cruise will ruin your MPG. Coming up to overpasses at 75-80mph, it'll drop two gears to hold speed if the grade is steep, which isn't much in flat Fl.

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by 2kflhr
    I heard many years ago that there is two things a man will likely lie about 1) how many women he's slept with and 2) how many miles a gallon he gets in his truck!
    Hahahaha.

SouthernCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV

Just got back from a 500 mile trip today, averaged 20.9 mpg@72mph. This is in my 2007 esv. all I can say is wow!!! I know in town it averages 15.2.

I love this truck.

Tec80 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DHS, 2007 ESV

See? it IS possible to get 20+MPG on the highway with these things, you just have to drive carefully. Make sure the tires are at 37-40psi cold, use good 92+ octane fuel (Costco works great), and don't go berserk stomping the throttle passing every car in sight. If you try to keep RPM at 2000 or below when accelerating, you will be amazed at the fuel economy you can achieve. I have trouble believing the mileage I'm getting, but I hand-calculated it and it's real. I can see how people who are frustrated at their poor mileage can have trouble believing what is possible, but having driven mine for the past 108,000 miles, I found what works and what doesn't. I used to have trouble achieving 18 on the highway, but the last two 1000+ mile round trips to the cottage have yielded 21.6 and 21.3. That's pushing the average fuel economy reset button at the start of the trip, going on the trip, then looking at the display when I pull back into the driveway.

One neat range-improving thing I learned in all of those miles: The fuel tank will take an additional 1.5 gallons after the pump clicks off the first time. If you can slowly flow the fuel in after the first click (some pumps won't do this, and some states have that vapor collector thing that prevents topping up), you can fill it all the way up to the top of the neck to improve your range. My miles to empty display shows 600+ after refilling when I do this.

shore is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

oh god.

36dbldz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by shore
    ok, here is my latest. We live in daytona. We went to Key West last week and I got these numbers.

17.1mpg down to Miami. 75mph or so. We had bad weather, heavy rain and such. Filled up in Miami and on to Key West. Reset DIC with AC on and passengers. Made it to KW and back to Ft Pierce to refuel. 23gals, got 430+ miles. I was watching the DIC and it said 18.7mpg. I did the math, it was 18.7mpg. Now the trick was the Keys stretch is a 55mph and under zone. You can run 65mph here and there but it's almost 300 miles down and back that stretch. No cruise control. Cruise will ruin your MPG. Coming up to overpasses at 75-80mph, it'll drop two gears to hold speed if the grade is steep, which isn't much in flat Fl.
    Palm Coast! What up neighbor

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Quote Originally Posted by Tec80 View Post
    See? it IS possible to get 20+MPG on the highway with these things, you just have to drive carefully.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.