*** CALLING WATERKING *** - Platinum Conversion Questions / Details
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, *** CALLING WATERKING *** - Platinum Conversion Questions / Details in Cadillac Escalade Forums; So I've read through every thread I could find regarding the Platinum front end conversion but had one question / ...
    baggedlvintegra is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

*** CALLING WATERKING *** - Platinum Conversion Questions / Details

So I've read through every thread I could find regarding the Platinum front end conversion but had one question / some clarifications before I ordered my parts. From everything I've read you say you need the complete Fascia assembly w/ absorber or foam insert or watever complete with both grills and fogs, BUT in addition to make it function properly you need 3 things:

Hood Chrome
    Right and Left "Corner Braces"
    "Radiator Shroud"

From all the post I have read, are these the correct part numbers for those items?

Hood Chrome - OLD P/N 25921258 / NEW P/N 25981130
    "Corner Braces" - LEFT 15907625 / RIGHT 15907626
    "Radiator Shroud" - 15907623 -

I am most confused by the "radiator shroud" as this is kind of open ended and didn't match any of the parts in the parts breakdown for the OEM assembly. That is really what I need confirmation on.

I've got a deal lined of on a complete Platinum assembly including Fascia, Absorber, Fog Lights, Upper and Lower Grille, just want to make sure I get these additional P/Ns right and have everything I need going into it.

Thanks so much for all the work you've already done on the forums with this and thanks in advance for any help you can give. Hopefully my baby will have a new front end soon

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

lee88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I did the conversion a few months back and I just used one of the vins posted here for the platinum and took that to my body shop, they did the rest.

BlownEscalade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade, '06 Escalade

Re: *** CALLING WATERKING *** - Platinum Conversion Questions / Details

Love your rims. What kind and rough price?

I did the conversion too. I'll try looking for the part numbers for you. I have them somewhere.

Rims are 26" Forgiatos. Rough price, and its ROUGH, about $12K. The are custom made to order 3pc wheels painted pearl white to match.

Thanks for looking into the part numbers. I have my fingers crossed this deal I have lined up on a platinum assembly comes through tomorrow.

Upper rad air buffle part number is 25814523

----------

Chrome hood moulding part number is 25981130
    Front liners part numbers L/R 22860089/22860090

----------

Rims are beautiful btw

Thanks for providing those P/Ns! It looks like I have the P/Ns right for the corner braces and hood chrome, but the radiator shroud part I was way off. I'm going to just reuse my current liners as they have already been heat molded to prevent rubbing, I will just re-drill holes if necessary.

The new liner is more square in the front. It won't flow with the edge of the bumper. I tried and just decided to buy new ones.

Thanks for the heads up, if I decide I don't like it I'll keep those P/Ns handy in case I need to order the new liners

Yeah the liners weren't too expensive. Here at the dealer was +/- $100 each. Canada parts seem to be more expensive. Don't know where you're from.

Yeah I looked online and they were like $35 a piece, which I could probably get cheaper through a local dealer hookup. I honestly just dont want to go through the trouble of reshaping them again to clear for rubbing.....as a side note, the deal I had lined up the front assembly fell through, I knew it was too good to be true. I asked continually if it was for a platinum edition and they confirmed yes and provided the P/N which matched for Platinum but when they sent the pics it was the normal front end so my search will continue for a little while longer

I see them on eBay once a while for 1500 shipped. I got mine there. Came with facia, upper/lower grill, foam support and bottom L/R brackets. I have to upload some pics to my computer as I have the pics on my iPhone but can't seem to figure out how to post them from the iPhone. What color is yours? If I come across one I can pm you if you want.

So I found another deal on another COMPLETE assembly (fascia with absorber, foam insert, fogs, both grilles, lower valence, corner braces) and ordered it, so now I'm going to order the extra parts (hood chrome molding and radiator baffle) through my local dealer hookup and hopefully in the next week or two the front end conversion will be complete

BlownEscalade - did you do the conversion yourself, or did you have a body shop do it? Just curious if you had any pointers or tricks to make this easier. It doesn't seem difficult but you never know until you've done it before

It was real simple. Take off the fan shrout, then remove the 6 - 10mm bolts up top, then remove the two 10 mm bolts top of the backside of the bumper, then remove the two 10 mm bolts on the bottom one beside each of the fog light. Make sure to unplug the fog lights and just pull it off. I removed the old one and the platinum fit right on. Did it myself. Took maybe 2 hrs max. Same time put in 6000k HID fogs.

----------

Where'd you find the platinum kit?
    chakde and chakde like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BlownEscalade View Post
    It was real simple. Take off the fan shrout, then remove the 6 - 10mm bolts up top, then remove the two 10 mm bolts top of the backside of the bumper, then remove the two 10 mm bolts on the bottom one beside each of the fog light. Make sure to unplug the fog lights and just pull it off. I removed the old one and the platinum fit right on. Did it myself. Took maybe 2 hrs max. Same time put in 6000k HID fogs.

----------

Where'd you find the platinum kit?
    Awesome! Thanks man, I thought that's all it was but just wanted to confirm.

I found it through a parts search on www.car-parts.com and I got it from a business called Northlake Auto Recyclers which had awesome customer service. They said they dont ship bumpers but they made a special case for me and definitely took care of me. They had several full platinum assemblies so anybody else looking to do this might try to give them a call. I believe they are in Indiana or Illinois can't remember

How much did you pay?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.