*** CALLING WATERKING *** - Platinum Conversion Questions / Details - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, *** CALLING WATERKING *** - Platinum Conversion Questions / Details in Cadillac Escalade Forums; $800...
    baggedlvintegra is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Re: *** CALLING WATERKING *** - Platinum Conversion Questions / Details

$800

chakde is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade EXT, 2012 Escalade ESV Platinum

That is a really good deal. I have a black one on the way from the same place that BlownEscalade got his. Will be doing the same mod. The other thing I noticed on the pictures you posted is that it a Premium Grill as some of the outside trip is painted as opposed to chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by chakde View Post
    That is a really good deal. I have a black one on the way from the same place that BlownEscalade got his. Will be doing the same mod. The other thing I noticed on the pictures you posted is that it a Premium Grill as some of the outside trip is painted as opposed to chrome.
    Yeah I believe they call it the Platinum / Premium on the newest Ecalades. I can't stand chrome so I was excited to find out it was mostly paint matched. I posted another thread about the Platinum paint matched trim, I'm hoping to do the same thing..

texas1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

it seams like the painted to match grille does not stand out as much as the crome one i guess the only good thing about that is that they are cheaper to buy and same a couple of hundreds good deal on the bumper i got mine with both crome grilles for 1500

----------

dope forgive my spelling did not double check

paint to match is most definitely not cheaper than chrome. I just happend to get a good deal on my setup, not because it was paint matched though. I wish it was true that paint matched stuff was cheaper than chrome, sure would save me a bunch of $$$!!!

texas1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Its true i priced paint to match grille vs crome for my platinum conversion list price of the crome one is 664.39 pn 22860588 and the paint to match grille is 450.85 pn 22755374 so thats the diff. Thats tx price

----------

Same holds for the bottom grille i just dont have that price on hand cant find that receipt as in the paint to match grille is cheaper but it really does not matter really both look great just trying to help out ppl that maybe interested on doing the modd and want to save some money

Quote Originally Posted by texas1 View Post
    Its true i priced paint to match grille vs crome for my platinum conversion list price of the crome one is 664.39 pn 22860588 and the paint to match grille is 450.85 pn 22755374 so thats the diff. Thats tx price

----------

Same holds for the bottom grille i just dont have that price on hand cant find that receipt as in the paint to match grille is cheaper but it really does not matter really both look great just trying to help out ppl that maybe interested on doing the modd and want to save some money
    My point proven exactly, sure the "paint to match" grill is $200 cheaper bare part than chrome but then add $300+ for 3 stage pearl blended paint and it puts it into perspective. "Paint to Match" means primered not already painted, and 3 stage pearl paint isnt cheap

But I do agree with you, the paint matched version kind of takes away from the Platinum look because the all chrome grill makes the grill appear MUCH wider than the stock look and the paint matched version doesn't look much wider. This makes me somewhat sad but I do prefer the paint match

was strolling through the dealership (had to check out the dual exhaust factory bumper setup for my upgrade this weekend) and came across this weird combo. It was a brand new '12 with Platinum headlights, Premium Painted Grilles but had the stock hood chrome molding that come on the base models?!? Notice it doesn't go all the way out to the ends of the grille. To be honest it didn't look half bad and I may install my painted premium front end and leave the old smaller chrome molding until I can get all the pieces together that I want paint matched and just do it at one time...

It actually kind of flows because the chrome hood molding extends just to the inner chrome grill of the painted outer shell

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

First thought ---- Platinum conversion.

chakde is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade EXT, 2012 Escalade ESV Platinum

Funny I did not even notice it till I read your entire post.

I was just cruising along looking down the line up and for some reason it caught my eye, just thought it was super strange for a brand new "0" mile one to have that combo with half platinum, half premium and 1 part base model lol

BlownEscalade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade, '06 Escalade

I did the platinum premium conversion on my escalade. I bought the Platinum chrome hood piece but returned it after. It just didnt seem to look right because the premium grill is painted and the hood strip seemed to look like it was too long. I ended up going with the one that was on my truck originally.[COLOR="Silver"]

----------

^^^^ wow, that actually does look good!!!!!! Thanks so much for those pics, saved me some $$$ on ordering the hood molding! For some reason I had it in my head that your Esky was black this whole time, love seeing the white diamond platinum premium look on yours! Mine should be here tomorrow or Friday

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.