2007 Esc- install of 2011 Tahoe VCIM #22794713 - help with onstar activation Tech 2 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 Esc- install of 2011 Tahoe VCIM #22794713 - help with onstar activation Tech 2 in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I think its because the vcim came out of a 2013 so I believe they see it as a brand ...
    ssmith29 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Re: 2007 Esc- install of 2011 Tahoe VCIM #22794713 - help with onstar activation Tech

I think its because the vcim came out of a 2013 so I believe they see it as a brand new vehicle which would come with 6 months versus a used vehicle you can get 3 months free or if you have a non activated onstar account and you push the button you can also get 3 months free. I am not going to argue with them as this has already saved over $120.00 for the free 6 months...

Re: 2007 Esc- install of 2011 Tahoe VCIM #22794713 - help with onstar activation Tech

I am guessing the missing antenna is the gps? I used my iphone to send turn by turn navigation to my truck and it sent them but could not locate my truck in the correct spot, hopefully that new thing you are buying will fix that problem

blkonblk is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith29 View Post
    I am guessing the missing antenna is the gps? I used my iphone to send turn by turn navigation to my truck and it sent them but could not locate my truck in the correct spot, hopefully that new thing you are buying will fix that problem
    yup the missing antenna is the gps, can you try to call onstar and see if they can send the directions to your car? did not work for me. hopefully when i connect everything it should work

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Ok got it to work with your instructions although they think I am driving a 2013 Silverado, bonus I got 6 months free of directions and connections and 300 minutes the app works perfect I just don't know how to handle it through my ins company now they used my onstar account to give me a discount on my mileage but with the 6 months free onstar that already paid for the new vcim, please keep us updated on that new antenna deal if that fixes it I am all in on one. The new vcim has a different female voice she is a lot easier to understand and it comes through a lot clearer. But just wanted to add thanks for all of your help up to this point..
    Hello ssmith29,

I am glad to hear other forum members were able to provide their great knowledge on your situation to assist. I am happy the voice is easier for you to understand and comes through clearer on your vehicle. Continue to enjoy, and if there is ever any questions or concerns that arise, please reach out to us!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Well I think I will hold off on another call to onstar today as I placed about 5 and talked to about 15 people, I am able to send the directions to my vehicle but it shows my vehicle somewhere other then where it is if I route my self for about a 5 or 6 mile trip it shows to be about a 14 mile trip in my vehicle so it is trying to start me from somewhere other then where I am, but I used the app to send the directions just select the nav tab at the bottom enter the address you want to go to and then send to vehicle.

OnStar Advisor is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well I think I will hold off on another call to onstar today as I placed about 5 and talked to about 15 people, I am able to send the directions to my vehicle but it shows my vehicle somewhere other then where it is if I route my self for about a 5 or 6 mile trip it shows to be about a 14 mile trip in my vehicle so it is trying to start me from somewhere other then where I am, but I used the app to send the directions just select the nav tab at the bottom enter the address you want to go to and then send to vehicle.
    ssmith29,

I'd like to help, and review your case to see if there's anything I can do to further assist. Can you please send me a PM with you account and contact information? Thanks!

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

Help with what??? I believe the only remaining problem is because my GPS antenna isn't hooked up yet, I hope to get that corrected in a few days and hopefully all will be well.

OnStar Advisor is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ssmith29,

Glad to hear that! Sounds like you've got everything already set up. Let me know if there is anything additional I can assist with. I'm always happy to help.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

Thumbs up Re: 2007 Esc- install of 2011 Tahoe VCIM #22794713 - help with onstar activation Tech

Well I got my diplexer thing today hooked it up and wow got a green light on* works like it should my Bluetooth works and my on* app works thanks to everyone one this forum for the help I have posted this on 10 other forums but no one was able to help except here thanks again for everything...

wesyder is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmith29
    Well I got my diplexer thing today hooked it up and wow got a green light on* works like it should my Bluetooth works and my on* app works thanks to everyone one this forum for the help I have posted this on 10 other forums but no one was able to help except here thanks again for everything...
    Great.... Now somebody clean this up and tell us what to do lol

blkonblk is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by wesyder View Post
    Great.... Now somebody clean this up and tell us what to do lol
    What do you need help with? Where are you stuck?

wesyder is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by blkonblk

What do you need help with? Where are you stuck?
    Im good,i havent started yet jus was looking for a parts list

burtdahurt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ext

ssmith29 I am havin the same dillemma that you described.. i have 2 antenna wires and 1 plug on my vcim... could you share the part number of the diplexer/splitter that you used to turn the onstar light green !!! thanks in advance !! Robert

Hi I tried to email it to you but it said your box was full here is a link to the page as well as the part number is EL-49903-3

https://gmspecialservicetools.spx.co...s.aspx?id=5661

christiff159 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    This is super helpful. I just ordered the diplexer splitter via the link you posted and was curious if there are step by step instructions on which cables plug into the splitter and where the splitter plugs into the VCIM. I assume the leftover GPS cable is one that plugs into the splitter but beyond that I'm not sure where everything else fits in. Suggestions?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.