Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Gen 6 GM Lockpick works for 2012 Escalade?

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  The1JAZ 
#1 ·
Hi,

Trying to get confirmation that the Gen 6 GM Lockpick works with the 2012 Escalades... the web sites out there only list up to 2011 for Escalade comparability, anyone have a definitive answer? Thanks!

#2 ·
We had a customer install one in a 2012 and it worked fine. If the connectors are the same then you are good to go. GM changed some radio's mostly the GMC & Chevy Trucks to a different connector but the Escalades I have seen have not changed. I have not seen the 2013's yet to see if they updated the 2013's to the new connectors in those.

#5 ·
If you buy it from us we will make sure there is no restocking fee if you have trouble but it will work.

http://www.bestradardetectors.net/Gen-6-GM-Lockpick.html

Also, The units we are selling are the brand new FIM (Freedom in Motion) Gen 6 units. They will work in other vehicles with just the purchase of a different harness and a few dip setting changes.

#6 ·
Thanks tomm...

Which system would you recommend, the Gen 6 GM Lockpick or the GMX550? I am most interested in NAV unlock, and being able to use the onscreen phone keypad (while driving). Are the two units the same as far as that functionality goes? Also, am I correct in that the GMX550 gives you the Apple products connectivity, and the Gen 6 GM Lockpick does not?

#8 ·
For what you need the Gen-6 is more than sufficient. The GMX-550 adds additional video inputs and the ability to connect to iPods and iPhones. If all you want is to unlock the nav to make changes while in motion and to unlock the keypad and even allow DVD playback for your passenger you do not need the GMX-550.

#7 ·
The lockpick will work with the 2012 model. I just ordered DirecTV for my Escalade and I chose to go with "Video in Motion" which is a few bucks more because the installer told me it was a better product than lock pick. He said he was having problems with the reliability of lock pick in the past and chose to go with video in motion as an alternative and has not received any complaints. I opted to have him just install it when he puts the DirecTV in.... it was $450 installed. It will unlock everything the lock pick does (nav, video, and phone).

http://www.dvdbypass.com/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.