Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone? - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; the dash on my hybrid is not plastic. it looks like a leather foam material. I think the cracking was ...
    evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid
    the dash on my hybrid is not plastic. it looks like a leather foam material. I think the cracking was prevalent in Chevy Tahoe and GMC yukons but not the escalade.

dmladd76 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Re: Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone?

Im very disappointed to see that in the last few months all of the problems listed have happened to my car: Passenger mirror wont fold in, dash has cracked, interior door handles are peeling, pillars have both bubbled & I have had to replace 3 of my exterior door handles. My Sister calls my car "The real pretty piece of crap"

I have replaced the exterior door handles but honestly dont feel like dumping money to fix the other things that make me think nothing of quality was used in this interior. I have never had these things happen on any cheaper car I have owned....so disappointing to know I am probably out a minimum of a thousand dollars to have these things fixed.

How are none of these items recalled? I have 2 friends with the same car and both have had the same thing happen to them.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by dmladd76 View Post
    Im very disappointed to see that in the last few months all of the problems listed have happened to my car: Passenger mirror wont fold in, dash has cracked, interior door handles are peeling, pillars have both bubbled & I have had to replace 3 of my exterior door handles. My Sister calls my car "The real pretty piece of crap"

I have replaced the exterior door handles but honestly dont feel like dumping money to fix the other things that make me think nothing of quality was used in this interior. I have never had these things happen on any cheaper car I have owned....so disappointing to know I am probably out a minimum of a thousand dollars to have these things fixed.

How are none of these items recalled? I have 2 friends with the same car and both have had the same thing happen to them.
    Hello dmladd76,

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing these issues with your Escalade. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please feel free to private message me or send me an email to socialmedia@gm.com. If you choose to email me, please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me. I would need your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you would like to work with. Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Adam617 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade AWD 07'

+1 for dash cracking. I'm joining the club with my 2007 esaclade w/ my cracking dash. Out of warrenty, of course. Already took care of my stuck folding mirrors, cloth comming off the interior side pillars, replaced 2 door handles, peeling chrome trim on interior door handles, rear liftgate struts, fading black time around exterior of window. And now Im back to having to replace my driver doo handle for the 3 time and struts for rear liftgate. What should I do first? =)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam617 View Post
    +1 for dash cracking. I'm joining the club with my 2007 esaclade w/ my cracking dash. Out of warrenty, of course. Already took care of my stuck folding mirrors, cloth comming off the interior side pillars, replaced 2 door handles, peeling chrome trim on interior door handles, rear liftgate struts, fading black time around exterior of window. And now Im back to having to replace my driver doo handle for the 3 time and struts for rear liftgate. What should I do first? =)
    Hello Adam617,

I am sorry for the vehicle issues you are experiencing. I would like to further discuss your situation with you. Please contact us via private message and include your full contact information, VIN and current mileage. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    Adam..lease, I beg you. Follow with caddy service on here and let us know if anything is done. Lots of people on here have replied and have had no response ( me being one of them).

hrpatel17926 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
    Yes please, but unfortunately we all know the outcome. So sad to have a great truck and you get in to see a nice big crack in the dash then the hatters really have fun with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sdgc View Post
    Adam..lease, I beg you. Follow with caddy service on here and let us know if anything is done. Lots of people on here have replied and have had no response ( me being one of them).
    Hello sdgc,

I apologize if you are experiencing current issues with your Escalade. Please contact us via private message so we can further discuss your situation. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

jdubh25 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS, 2007 Escalade
    Mine is cracked in 2 places...POS!

ErikU19 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just replaced my wifes defrost panel. It was cracked and bugged me every time I sat in her truck.

$200!

----------

Those seem to be the design flaws in the truck. The door handles and peeling window trim irk me the most.

Quote Originally Posted by dmladd76 View Post

Rustico is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

My 2007 dash cracked a whole finger in length I'll post a picture soon and we will all laugh I am not going to replace it but I still love this truck though!

07BlkOnBlkEXT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

Thought I would add some pictorial evidence of my THREE dash cracks. GM please take care of this for me (and not by offering to schedule an appointment for me to pay the full price).photo 1.JPG
    photo 2.JPG

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    07, I believe that panel can be replaced much easier and less expensively than the main dash.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

AZKlaus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Just replaced mine, it was only $210. Swapped out in 30 minutes and only because I took my time. Something that cheap isn't worth even a couple hours of fighting with GM over, my time is worth more. I may at some point go back in and reinforce it, but otherwise I'm not seating it.

gabe8496 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV, 94 Mustang GT

I'm curious...is the replacement panel prone to cracking as well? From what I recall reading (either on this topic or another) there was mention about some glue that was preventing the panel from expanding/contracting with the temperature.

Just wondering...since I would be paying over $200 to replace it, will it happen again?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.