Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone? - Page 8
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 160
Like Tree17Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Where do you get the new part for $125?...
  1. #106
    07BlkOnBlkEXT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    59

    Re: Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone?

    Where do you get the new part for $125?

  2. #107
    520DAVEAZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT, cadillac deville
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2

    Re: Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by 07BlkOnBlkEXT View Post
    This happened to my 07 EXT, seems like the life of these dashboards is about 5 years (not even close to good enough). This should be a recall, GM are you listening?
    Very well said

  3. #108
    meahmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 awd plat escalade
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    11
    Well I'm at the caddy dealership in Houston to get my esky fixed & now they don't want to give me a rental that I can drive out of Texas. Hello, knock knock I'm from Louisiana. I'm not staying in Texas for a week to convenience you at my cost. I'm also not accepting a run down rental either.

    I just don't understand this dealership. Why couldn't they have my car fixed by my house? Why make me drive 4 + hours to drop it off then not have a vehicle of equal value(stated on phone with me) ready for when I got here?

    I will never buy another car from this dealership again

  4. #109
    meahmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 awd plat escalade
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    11
    they gave me an xts but I still can't leave the state. I'm so upset with them. They had over 24 hrs notice that I was bringing the esky in & needed a rental.

    They said they'll fix the trim but I'll have to bring it in locally to have the paint fixed. Stewart Cadillac in Houston sucks

  5. #110
    Ludacrisvp's Avatar
    Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    St Michael, MN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone?

    what is the big deal about leaving the state with the car?
    what does it need painted that they wont fix?

  6. #111
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,244

    Re: Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by meahmiller View Post
    Well I'm at the caddy dealership in Houston to get my esky fixed & now they don't want to give me a rental that I can drive out of Texas. Hello, knock knock I'm from Louisiana. I'm not staying in Texas for a week to convenience you at my cost. I'm also not accepting a run down rental either.

    I just don't understand this dealership. Why couldn't they have my car fixed by my house? Why make me drive 4 + hours to drop it off then not have a vehicle of equal value(stated on phone with me) ready for when I got here?

    I will never buy another car from this dealership again
    Hello,

    I'm extremely sorry to read about your circumstances, and I hope everything gets resolved soon. Please let us know if additional assistance is needed. Moreover, we certainly value any feedback you have to offer and are able to report formal dealership compliments and complaints. If this is something you would like to do please feel free to PM us with your name, involved dealership and compliment or complaint.

    Kindly,

    William R. (assisting Laura & Greg)
    Cadillac Customer Care

  7. #112
    Ca-di-llac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1

    Re: Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone?

    i have 07 esv and dash is cracking as well.. same exact place.. got a part ordered from friend body shop to match.. about 100 bucks..roughly.. well worth the eyesore on a fancy SUV with crappy factory parts.. my side mirrors stopped working as well.. folding in.. they quoted 900 for driver side and 600 for passenger side and another 200 to paint match..supposedly you can't fix it.. only replace the whole unit. hells no .. i can go without the side mirror folding. and motor mount had to be replaced.

  8. #113
    Damndirtyape is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade EXT
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    82

    Re: Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone?

    Mine just finished cracking front to back. At least it's only the piece right by the windshield. My plan is to pull it out, glue it all up, maybe reinforce by heating some paper clips into the plastic on the back and wrapping it with the UV resistant suede. I'm not going to drop the cash to buy a replacement which is likely as defective or worse than the original.

  9. #114
    Ludacrisvp's Avatar
    Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    St Michael, MN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Damndirtyape View Post
    My plan is to pull it out, glue it all up, maybe reinforce by heating some paper clips into the plastic on the back and wrapping it with the UV resistant suede.
    That doesn't sound like a bad idea for those with these issues.
    Just flip it over and heat up a few paper clips into the break so that the plastic melts around them to reinforce the plastic.

    Not knowing how much room there is in there I wonder if it would make sense to use something like Dynamat to provide the extra strength and would add some sound deadening material.

  10. #115
    Damndirtyape is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade EXT
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    82

    Re: Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    That doesn't sound like a bad idea for those with these issues.
    Just flip it over and heat up a few paper clips into the break so that the plastic melts around them to reinforce the plastic.

    Not knowing how much room there is in there I wonder if it would make sense to use something like Dynamat to provide the extra strength and would add some sound deadening material.
    The paper clip fix is an old installers trick for broken panels and trim pieces. Dynamat is an interesting addition. I'd be wary of blocking any signals however. I don't know where the GPS antenna is in these trucks if it's in the dash or up in the XM antenna on the roof.

  11. #116
    hrpatel17926 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The city of the 500
    Age
    43
    Posts
    205
    Well mine is cracked also, I was going to fiberglass it, would it hold up? Not sure of clearances under the panel.

  12. #117
    ifeu413 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalde
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1

    Unhappy Re: Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone?

    I am extremely disappointed. This is my first Cadillac and will be my last. My upper dashboard cracked right above the steering wheel. Now I cannot see anything but another design flaw and bulging cracked plastic as I drive.

    The passenger door handle of my 08 Escalade broke a few months ago. It cost $250 to fix. Now my driver door handle breaks. I cannot believe such cheap plastic materials were used in a $70K+ vehicle. The very first thing anyone touches is the door handle. Engineers and bean counters need to be fired for cheap shortcuts. I know GM is struggling but this is now way to come back.

    The trailer hitch cover just fell off. The door trim on the back door popped loose and rubs against the front door. The engine drinks oil like a sailor on leave...but no signs of leaks. There are a number of other small issues. I treat my cars with love and respect. I do not expect such petty problems for the price paid. The bills are adding up. I am almost at the point of telling the dealer to come pick it up and go back to my BMW.


    Dr. Danny McCoy

  13. #118
    Ludacrisvp's Avatar
    Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    St Michael, MN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone?

    You do realize that the 08 model would have been made during the time that GM was just admitting that it was in serious debt and was less than 12 months from having no money at all.
    Were corners cut? Yes, for sure.
    Did only the Escalade get cut corners? No, not at all, my STS is certainly lacking in some areas too.
    Do all vehicles in the world have 'common issues'? Yes they do. For the Escalade its door handles and dashboard cracking for this generation, for the STS its also door handles (electrical failure rather than physical) and loose seats.

    No matter what car you buy it _WILL_ have issues at some point in time or another.

    The new GM is improving their lineup. Sad thing is basically you will have to wait for the new body style to get the annoyances fixed.

    The GMC Yukon and Chevy Tahoe / Suburban used the same door handles, they don't start at $70k.
    Should GM have made special doors and handles for the Escalade when they were short on cash so badly that they launched the 2007 model in January of 2006 in an attempt to generate as much cash as they could.
    This is about 6 months earlier than their typical new model year release.

    Did you buy this new?
    How was it maintained before you bought it?
    How many miles are on it?

  14. #119
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,244

    Re: Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by ifeu413 View Post
    I am extremely disappointed. This is my first Cadillac and will be my last. My upper dashboard cracked right above the steering wheel. Now I cannot see anything but another design flaw and bulging cracked plastic as I drive.

    The passenger door handle of my 08 Escalade broke a few months ago. It cost $250 to fix. Now my driver door handle breaks. I cannot believe such cheap plastic materials were used in a $70K+ vehicle. The very first thing anyone touches is the door handle. Engineers and bean counters need to be fired for cheap shortcuts. I know GM is struggling but this is now way to come back.

    The trailer hitch cover just fell off. The door trim on the back door popped loose and rubs against the front door. The engine drinks oil like a sailor on leave...but no signs of leaks. There are a number of other small issues. I treat my cars with love and respect. I do not expect such petty problems for the price paid. The bills are adding up. I am almost at the point of telling the dealer to come pick it up and go back to my BMW.


    Dr. Danny McCoy
    Hello Danny,

    I apologize that you have a cracked dashboard as well as are experiencing other issues in your Escalade. I would be more than happy to look into this situation if you would like. Could you please private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you have been working with so I can contact them regarding this issue? If you are unable to private message me, you can also reach out to me at socialmedia@gm.com. If you send an email, please include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

    Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  15. #120
    AZKlaus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    102

    Re: Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone?

    Has anyone tried this?



    Quote Originally Posted by jlawsonz View Post
    I found a place that has covers that slip in place. Fortunately mine is not cracking, but if it does I will use something like this.
    txdashcovers.com/20chtrsuvdac.html

    Product Description

    This is the primary Dash cover that fits up close to windshield area. It is a cover that installs over existing cracked original dashboard. No original parts to remove. No Special Tools or Skills needed

    This is the Vent Section only. I also have the other section listed in our store

    Dashboard Cap

    Fits 2007-2011 Chevrolet/GMC Truck, SUV

    Yukon-Tahoe-Suburban-Avalanche-Denali-Escalade-Pickups

    ABS Vacuum Molded Plastic dashboard cap

    To view pictures of the app. colors, Please click on the spray paint link in the navigation bar. Color of can cap will be the app. color of dash cover

    These covers can also be painted to match color of interior. You must use a SEM Brand or Dupli-color branded paint that works on plastic

    18-207V

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting