Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone? - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Remove the a pillar trims. The left one has a 7mm bolt behind the little oval cover. Remove the bolt ...
    cadmanchris is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
    Remove the a pillar trims. The left one has a 7mm bolt behind the little oval cover. Remove the bolt and pull away and disconnect the tweeter.

The right side a pillar trim has 2 10mm bolts behind the covers on the ends of the grab handle. Remove those and pull away and disconnect the tweeter.

Starting on one side of the trim panel, use a trim panel tool or flat screwdriver and lift up on the front edge of the panel. Work across to release all the clips and pull the panel back to unhook it. Disconnect the photocell by a counter clockwise twist.

That's all!!

Salvage101 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

Re: Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone?

I cant wait for my dash to crack!

matthones is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

Mine is cracked in at least 4 places, some small, some all the way through front to back. It's extremely annoying to have a 6 yr old vehicle look like crap. My '98 BMW doesn't have any of the issues I've had with the Escalade. Can't wait til I get it sold. Someone please buy it. Or at least GM, fix it for free, along with the broken motor mount, rear window defrost wire (3rd time), multiple squealing belts, brake booster failure, TBI fail, front seat heating fail, and plastic door handle failure (mechanical and chrome peeling).

thebigpunn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Im scared to look at my 07 ESV's dash. But I did look at my 1998 Olds Aurora and admired that heavy duty leather material from the good days and not that plastic, hollow, cheap, junk that GM uses now for dashes!

Eric Hagan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

Mine cracked. My buddy noticed it for me. Awesome!!

clk199 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Subscribed... with finders crossed mine doesnt crack...

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hagan View Post
    Mine cracked. My buddy noticed it for me. Awesome!!
    Hi Eric Hagan,

I am sorry to hear your vehicle has a cracked dash. If you would like to further discuss this concern, please private message me and be sure to include your VIN and current mileage.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

05dfwrange is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Add me the list of cracked dash's what sucks is I have a CPO warranty but they are refusing to repair it.

LowNslow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

cracked in 3 places, you would figure this would have been a recall as much as it happened. a bit of an eye sore for such a nice vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by 05dfwrange View Post
    Add me the list of cracked dash's what sucks is I have a CPO warranty but they are refusing to repair it.
    Hello 05dfwrange,

I apologize for the cracked dash issue you have with your vehicle. Can you please private message me and include your VIN so I can research this on your behalf?

Thanks,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

hrpatel17926 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
    Oh yes just spotted a nice big crack on the drivers side. Great! I will add that to the list of annoyances and items to fix.

ca2786 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

I have an '07 and the dash cracked after 3 years.. it was replaced and has now cracked again- Unbelievable. We also have the pillars liner on both side loose and all the door handles have broken or peeled. Hard to imagine the other vehicles I could have purchased for 65K would have similar problems.

AZKlaus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Has anyone tried to reinforce that piece? Possibly with a slim flat aluminum bar curved to the contour on the bottom and fiberglassed in?

Quote Originally Posted by hrpatel17926 View Post
    Oh yes just spotted a nice big crack on the drivers side. Great! I will add that to the list of annoyances and items to fix.
    Hello hrpatel17926,

I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with your dashboard cracking as well. Could you private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you are working with regarding this issue? Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to assisting you with this concern.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ca2786 View Post
    I have an '07 and the dash cracked after 3 years.. it was replaced and has now cracked again- Unbelievable. We also have the pillars liner on both side loose and all the door handles have broken or peeled. Hard to imagine the other vehicles I could have purchased for 65K would have similar problems.
    Hello ca2786,

I am sorry to hear that your dashboard has cracked again. I would like to look into your situation for you. Could you please private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage and dealership you have been working with? Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

adams90210 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Is there a Youtube video or guide anywhere that explains how to replace the cover?! I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. I called the dealership and they quoted me $650 for the part and labor. I can get the part for around $125 so I'd rather do it myself.

Help please!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.