Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone? - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; If you want great, not just good quality buy German. Japanese are nockoffs. A new Escalade cost over $80 grand, ...
    fdheil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

Re: Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone?

If you want great, not just good quality buy German. Japanese are nockoffs. A new Escalade cost over $80 grand, for plastic. GM must think we are all stupid. Happy New Year.

BlownEscalade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade, '06 Escalade

If you want a vehicle that looks prestige, but a European SUV. It will spend most of its life at the dealership with repairs. I have learned this from previous experience. RR spent most of its time in dealership repair facility. Nothing pisses you off more than paying $1500 a month for a vehicle that just sits at the dealership over and over. Yeah interior detail was great. Leather everywhere. Looked nice to look at it. I had it for 1.5 years and put on a mere 7,000km. Wanna talk depreciation on European vehicles? Bought it for 121k sold it 1.5 years later with the 7,000km for 70k. That is quality at its greatest.

If you don't like Cadillacs, why are you on this site??? Sell it take your loss on it and buy what ever makes you happy. Why drive and bitch about something constantly. there seems to be more bitching and complaining from a bunch of grown ups on here than a bunch of little school girls.

Yes like previously stated, every vehicle has its flaws. There are many things that I wish the Caddy had. But for the price I can't really complain about my Caddy. Put on over 30,000km on it in less than 8 months and hasn't been to the dealer just yet. (Knock on wood) I've been on a trip from Northern Canada to San Diego with a full car load and had no problems with it.

Maintenance wise..... I can do my own oil change for less than $40 on my Caddy. RR was $400-500 at dealer only as no one sells their oil. Ohh you want a car starter for the cold and long winters?? Well guess what, forget about it on most European vehicles. You want a roof rack on a RR? $1500 and you can't take it off anymore as you have to cut trim pieces to install it. Etc...

I'll say it again, if you don't like it, sell it and leave.

Happy New Year to everyone else.
    GSAuto likes this.

wesdearing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV & 1965 DeVille Convertible

2007 Escalade ESV with 4 cracks all the way through. Dealership quoted me $220 for replacement part. GM should at least replace the dash piece even if they don't do a recall. Sounds like thousands of cars are having this problem.

BlownEscalade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Escalade, '06 Escalade

Now could this be anything to do with climate? I have never seen a cracked dash here where I live in Edmonton. Met up with a few Esky drivers and looked at some used ones and could not find a cracked dash anywhere. Which part of North America does everyone live where the problems occur?

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

I was thinking about the climate thing myself... too hot and the 2 different dash peices expand differently... then voila, crack. possible?

lod03 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV

can someone tell me what material is on the dashboard (leather or rubber) so i know what product to use to clean, thanks.

I dont have a platinum, but I am pretty sure its plastic with a soft feel rubber coating... not sure if Platinums are the same as they do have stiching, but I highly doubt its leather.

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Platinum edition does have a leather dashboard.

I stand corrected... i learned something new today
    GSAuto likes this.

RX951 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV

my wife sitting in the passenger side the the day noticed a crack in the far right corner of the dash cap. 2009 ESV :/
    I'm ticked over it. I tried to place a drop of super glue to hold the crack together, but when it dried, it left a white stain and now looks worse.
    I know its only cosmetic, but it bigs me, I glance over at it several times when I drive now. Has anyone removed this piece before? how hard is it to remove? I might do some plastic welding on it from the bottom side to close the crack. Or, just buy a new cap.

lee88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    The first time I read this thread I checked mine and luckily it hasn't cracked. That was a while back, so now I try not to look at the dash because I know if I find something it's going to really bug me.. 😁

Masterdiane is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have a 2007 escalade and has noticed the dashboard cracked. What would you suggest to get fixed?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by k8mp
    My dash on my 2007 Escalade has cracked in two places over the last 6 months, one by the drivers side and one by the passengers side. Here are pictures: http://imgur.com/a/lg1Qw

Has this cracking happened to anyone else? It is such an eyesore and I'd like to fix it, I'm not sure where I can get a new dash, or part of a new dash.

Any suggestions?
    YES, it has happened to mine as well. Do you have any suggestions, on how to get it fixed??

caddy423 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade

I have the same issue, cracked on both driver side and passenger ...

texas1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

a lot of attention to this thread and one fix theirs yet pic how to remove it

ourcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Bump any updates on how to replace?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.