Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone? - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by cd24747 I just talked to my local dealership. They said they could not do anything for me. ...
    hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged

Re: Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by cd24747 View Post
    I just talked to my local dealership. They said they could not do anything for me. I've owned several non-luxury vehicles and now realize that my luxury vehicle is the least durable.
    Maybe it's time to consider a different manufacturer.

lee88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Yes. Maybe a land rover! They are such good quality vehicles and have the best reliability ratings out there! Ask any owner and they'll tell you!

Lol 😏

cd24747 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade EXT 09 CTS4
    Now that's funny!!!

07BlkOnBlkEXT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

This happened to my 07 EXT, seems like the life of these dashboards is about 5 years (not even close to good enough). This should be a recall, GM are you listening?

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Quote Originally Posted by 07BlkOnBlkEXT View Post
    This happened to my 07 EXT, seems like the life of these dashboards is about 5 years (not even close to good enough). This should be a recall, GM are you listening?
    I agree they should fix it but a recall is only for safety related issues. If you can convince someone that this could interfere with passenger side airbag deployment then you might have a case. Otherwise it's just an annoying "cosmetic" issue.

cd24747 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade EXT 09 CTS4
    Quote Originally Posted by 07BlkOnBlkEXT View Post
    Same here. 07 EXT.

C_Plo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

This same freaking thing happened to my Escalade and also I have it in 2 areas. It bothers the shit out me. I would fix myself if I could find out how to remove the dash and where to buy a new one.

fdheil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

The same thing is happening to my 07'. Just the other day i replaced a r/r door handle. and the truck, yes truck, is the noisiest as far as interior wind noise i have ever owned. It might look good, but it's a plastic piece of crap! I'll never waste money on another caddy. I can't wait to trade it on a Porsche Cayene GTS or a Mercedes GLK 550> at least I'll know when they say Quality, they actually know what the word means!!! Heck,when I traded my Fully loaded 03 Suburban for the Escalade I thought I was trading up.HA!! I thought i might trade my 01'CLK 430 0n a new CTS but that's not going to happen as it is plastic too. Any way< I feel better that I got that off my chest. Does any one know how to fix it? that's what I came here for.
    hannity and hannity like this.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Quote Originally Posted by fdheil View Post
    The same thing is happening to my 07'. Just the other day i replaced a r/r door handle. and the truck, yes truck, is the noisiest as far as interior wind noise i have ever owned. It might look good, but it's a plastic piece of crap! I'll never waste money on another caddy. I can't wait to trade it on a Porsche Cayene GTS or a Mercedes GLK 550> at least I'll know when they say Quality, they actually know what the word means!!! Heck,when I traded my Fully loaded 03 Suburban for the Escalade I thought I was trading up.HA!! I thought i might trade my 01'CLK 430 0n a new CTS but that's not going to happen as it is plastic too. Any way< I feel better that I got that off my chest. Does any one know how to fix it? that's what I came here for.
    So price wise and Maintenance cost wise how do those compare to the cost of the escalade?
    Just needing to look at all aspects here.

Quote Originally Posted by fdheil View Post
    Good to see someone else that will not turn a blind eye to the extremely poor quality of escalades. It really hurts to pay the monthly payment and continually have issues and get the run around and then get told that it's normal or that the percentage of vehicles that have this problem are so small it's not worth doing a recall.

johnpg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Black Escalade EXT

Can anyone get a part number for this? I looked at some diagrams but none of them clearly show this part of the dash, so I have no idea which one to order. Thanks!!!

fdheil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

I contacted gmpartsdirect.com and they gave me two part numbers 20844035 ebony and 20844038 cocoa. the regular price is $209 but they are selling them for $127 and change, now I just need to figure out the removal and install. Go to Autotrader to see pricing on the GTS and GLK for pricing. Maintenance is a little higher on the German vehicles, but they're not all plastic either so something like a dashboard won't crack or a door handle won't break either. you know what i'm saying?

RoyCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

I'm in the same boat as everyone. I believe the part number is 20844035. Now I just need to find instructions on how to replace the dash.

I have to agree with a great number of posts I've read on the forums, I'm disappointed in the quality of the vehicle and that is hard to say. My grandfather worked for GM in the factories, our family has only purchased GM vehicles, I don't know anything else, but I think I'm going to give something else a try in a few years. Dashboards shouldn't crack this quickly and it is known in the circle that they are all do on the GM trucks in the same spot. Just like the door handles that keep breaking, the paint that peels on the side, the finishing coming off on the mirrors, the popping sound caused by water below the weather striping, the wheels that the chrome peels off, the flaw designed of the heated wiper fluid, the wind noise issue, and the crappy Delphi radio that fails constantly. These are all known issues and GM has turned a blind eye to all of them. When my girlfriend went looking for a car, the Lexus dealer tried to get me into one of his cars kept telling me to trade in the truck for a luxury vehicle, which I promptly responded that my Cadillac was a luxury vehicle and he kept badging me. Almost left without buying the car because of it, but my girlfriend got the car and has only been back to the dealership for an oil change. In three years she hasn't had one issue with the car. Me I pay to get the door handles replaced and in three months the same door handle breaks again. After replacing the same door handle three times, this time I am going to put epoxy on it (this weekends chore). I sure didn't spend $70k on a car to spend my free time fixing it constantly. Free time is a luxury, now I know what the Lexus dealer was saying.

I am so disappointed with the quality of GM after my family and I have been such a loyal customers. Hell my friends all own GM, one of them has 19 El Cominos and several other GM vehicles, but those were the 70s & 80s when GM knew how to build a quality product.
    hannity and hannity like this.

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

I can't respond to the dash issue because mine is still perfect. As for the door handle, why don't you replace it with a quality product?? Billet aluminium handles are available and probably will not break.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyCaddy View Post
    I'm in the same boat as everyone. I believe the part number is 20844035. Now I just need to find instructions on how to replace the dash.

I have to agree with a great number of posts I've read on the forums, I'm disappointed in the quality of the vehicle and that is hard to say. My grandfather worked for GM in the factories, our family has only purchased GM vehicles, I don't know anything else, but I think I'm going to give something else a try in a few years. Dashboards shouldn't crack this quickly and it is known in the circle that they are all do on the GM trucks in the same spot. Just like the door handles that keep breaking, the paint that peels on the side, the finishing coming off on the mirrors, the popping sound caused by water below the weather striping, the wheels that the chrome peels off, the flaw designed of the heated wiper fluid, the wind noise issue, and the crappy Delphi radio that fails constantly. These are all known issues and GM has turned a blind eye to all of them. When my girlfriend went looking for a car, the Lexus dealer tried to get me into one of his cars kept telling me to trade in the truck for a luxury vehicle, which I promptly responded that my Cadillac was a luxury vehicle and he kept badging me. Almost left without buying the car because of it, but my girlfriend got the car and has only been back to the dealership for an oil change. In three years she hasn't had one issue with the car. Me I pay to get the door handles replaced and in three months the same door handle breaks again. After replacing the same door handle three times, this time I am going to put epoxy on it (this weekends chore). I sure didn't spend $70k on a car to spend my free time fixing it constantly. Free time is a luxury, now I know what the Lexus dealer was saying.

I am so disappointed with the quality of GM after my family and I have been such a loyal customers. Hell my friends all own GM, one of them has 19 El Cominos and several other GM vehicles, but those were the 70s & 80s when GM knew how to build a quality product.
    Times certainly have changed. I was born in the late 70's but I'm a huge fan of American cars from the 60's, 70's and early 80's. I've owned 2 Chryslers 70 and 72, and a Caprice 74. I even had a 85 Caprice which I made into a low budget lowrider. Out of those 4 cars combined even with constantly replacing parts on my lowrider's supsension. I still have had more issues when I had my escalde. As far as Lexus I really wanted to look into a LX, but the reactors at the Fukashima Daiichi power plant in Japan is still leaking. The government keeps raising the safe levels of radiation exposure and the testing methods they are currently using are inadequate, but that's another story all together.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.