Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Lots of opinions here, and good info.....but somehting that sticks out to me is the concept that this should not ...
    TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Re: Dash Cracking...has this happened to anyone?

Lots of opinions here, and good info.....but somehting that sticks out to me is the concept that this should not happen in a 70K vehicle. This should not happen in any vehicle in 2012 IMO.

All car manufacturers have issues and things they did not anticipate. GM should just fix this. Problem is, if they fix it for Caddy owners, they will need to do the same for Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/Denali and possibly Avalance, Silverado etc owners as well. That is really going to add up. Not defending the decision not to repair (I am actually criticizing it), but hard to rationalize fixing a cosmetic out of factory warranty item to the bean counters - especially as widespread as this issue is.

hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    let's see the new Standard of the World cut no corners .
    Lol, I hear you.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by TSS
    Lots of opinions here, and good info.....but somehting that sticks out to me is the concept that this should not happen in a 70K vehicle. This should not happen in any vehicle in 2012 IMO.

All car manufacturers have issues and things they did not anticipate. GM should just fix this. Problem is, if they fix it for Caddy owners, they will need to do the same for Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/Denali and possibly Avalance, Silverado etc owners as well. That is really going to add up. Not defending the decision not to repair (I am actually criticizing it), but hard to rationalize fixing a cosmetic out of factory warranty item to the bean counters - especially as widespread as this issue is.
    They will. Sounds like this was an issue for '07-'08 models. I have never heard if this problem prior to this post. Knowing the "new" GM , they now are insisting on perfection. It will be resolved -and this fourm is most helpful to not only us customers but ti GM brass.

DG2
    Quote Originally Posted by TSS

From the sounds of the original post and other posters it appears to been for the 2007 -2008 model years. You're right regardless of price it should not happen during these modern manufacturing times. However regardless of brand there is always something that can go wrong with a car. And what separates a ordinary car company from an extraordinary car company is how they handle problem. In my opinion Cadillac handles customer service problems better than any car company I ever dealt with.

cd24747 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade EXT 09 CTS4
    So is it even worth it to let the stealership know? Will they help out?

DG2
    Quote Originally Posted by cd24747
    So is it even worth it to let the stealership know? Will they help out?
    Yes !!

meahmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 awd plat escalade
    My brand new 2013 model has tears on the dash from the factory. I did contact the dealership the day after buying it to let them know. They said they will fix it but the dealership is over 4 hrs away from my house so I am having trouble coordinating our schedules to meet up & have it fixed

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Why did you accept it in that condition???

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland View Post
    Why did you accept it in that condition???
    Likely wasnt noticed until it was home and this thread was discovered and then after checking for the cracks it was noticed.

If a new car comes like this then I would think it has to do with production line installation issues or some component failed QC and required this component to be removed and reinserted to address the other component.

meahmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 awd plat escalade
    When we got it it was dark. We had drove 4 hrs to pick it up. We signed the papers & left with it. We didn't notice the tears till the next day when we looked at it up close in the daylight

jlawsonz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade
    In my 25years of detailing, I've seen plastics, vinyls, leather and rubber rot faster, crack and breakdown faster when petroleum based products were used on them. I won't call out any particular brands like Armor All, but I will say check the ingredient list for petro chemicals and steer clear.

This is solely my take on it and what I live by and never had a dash crack on me in Texas heat and I have never garage parked my vehicles.

Since this was only my $.02, I'm sure to hear another $.98 from someone.

hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged

Quote Originally Posted by meahmiller View Post
    When we got it it was dark. We had drove 4 hrs to pick it up. We signed the papers & left with it. We didn't notice the tears till the next day when we looked at it up close in the daylight
    I hope they get that squared away for you. When I got my escalade I didn't realize how bad the orange peel was until the first time I washed it so I understand not seeing everything when you first get it.

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Funny you should mention the paint, mine looks great!!! As for my dash, I use no product on it and keep my car in the garage or a sunshade in the window at all times. Previous post about petro based products could have something to do with the deterioration.

cd24747 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade EXT 09 CTS4
    I just talked to my local dealership. They said they could not do anything for me. I've owned several non-luxury vehicles and now realize that my luxury vehicle is the least durable.

36dbldz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by cd24747
    I just talked to my local dealership. They said they could not do anything for me. I've owned several non-luxury vehicles and now realize that my luxury vehicle is the least durable.
    That's how it usually is. I just sold my range rover and got a 2010 Escalade. The rover was at stealership more than I drove it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.