Questions about autobody work, issues with paint, center console paint, etc...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Questions about autobody work, issues with paint, center console paint, etc... in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Sooo a few days after I get my rear differential replaced, I get the vehicle back and I get rear-ended... ...
    Zhariak is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

Questions about autobody work, issues with paint, center console paint, etc...

Sooo a few days after I get my rear differential replaced, I get the vehicle back and I get rear-ended... Got insurance info, etc... Bumper was loose, pushed forward a smudge, and seperated from body of vehicle ~5mm, also had scratches and huge chunks of paint taken out of bumper... Nothing to metal body, just bumper.

Since my vehicle is BRAND new, I decide to take it to autobody shop at the dealership I bought it from for the insurance autobody work to be done... Fast forward to yesterday, I get a call saying it's ready, looks great, and was fully detailed (insurance company pays for a full exterior paint detail, and interior detail).

I guess they don't even inspect the work before it's done. I go to pick it up and I ****ing flip!!!!

1) Bumper is still separated, probably even more, there's a gritty white powder in the gap (I washed this away, not sure what it was)...

2) The bumper after being re-painted, now the whole thing has this "haze" to it, and doesn't reflect like the rest of the body, what could cause this?

3) Now, the metal body where it lines up with the bumper has this "haze" to it close to where it meets the bumper, again, what could cause this? And why the **** is it on the body when it was just the bumper they were supposed to touch.

4) They decided to detail the inside of the vehicle, now the black paint all around the buttons, radio buttons, a/c buttons, shifter, and the center console is now scratched to SHIT... they put the fob on the cupholder plastic when it's closed, and used a chemical that left a film... It's completely scratched to shit... Even if you took your nails, you wouldn't cause as much scratches as they did with the cloth they used on everything.... There's a bunch of swhirls around the dials, scratches around buttons, the only parts that aren't scratched are the thin pieces they were too lazy to try to clean...

What I'm hoping you guys can help me with is:

1) I'm curious what causes the hazing with the new paint? Does it need to be re-painted? I know nothing about vehicle paint stuff.

2) They say it's difficult to line up the bumper to make it flush, they said they'll try but not sure if they can and it's normal if its not flush with the vehicle, and they said all the bumpers on the CTS and CTS-V are a bit lose when you grab the bottom and wiggle. (i think this is bullshit)...

3) Should I make them replace all that interior trim? Can you replace all the trim from the NAV screen all the way down to the opening of the center console? Or is this major work? In my old Escalade they broke all the clips, and where the clips latch on to in the dash frame, ultimately had to use glue to glue the clips to the dash frame since they broke the pieces off that the latches latched on to, I don't know if I want a repeat of this... Can I use some type of repair stuff to repair the black paint finish myself? Or should I just get them to replace the trim, etc...

Now I've got my vehicle back looking shittier then it was before the accident... And have to wait for when they can book me in...

I'm soo choked, this vehicle was brand new, I've owned it for 2 months, only in posession for not even 4 weeks (has been in shop for blown differential replacement, wheel clicking, issues with exaust, seats, etc...)...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Zhariak is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

Re: Questions about autobody work, issues with paint, center console paint, etc...

woops, I posted this in the wrong forum, my bad!!!!
    Sorry

Could a mod delete this thread please!!!

evois is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

Re: Questions about autobody work, issues with paint, center console paint, etc...

what vehicle? an escalade?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.