Intermittent Electrical Issue, Won't Start
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Intermittent Electrical Issue, Won't Start in Cadillac Escalade Forums; My next door neighbor (single mom, therefore my problem) has a 2009 Escalade. About once per week, it will experience ...
    jttexam is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Intermittent Electrical Issue, Won't Start

My next door neighbor (single mom, therefore my problem) has a 2009 Escalade. About once per week, it will experience this electrical anomoly that leaves her stranded.

Symtoms:

Before this happens, a message on the dashboard appears that says "check traction" and/or "Stabilitrack Off" after that all electrical inside the car will turn off and turn back on. When this happens, something in the driver's door will start clicking. Then the car will "hesitate" as if the engine does not get fuel for a second. Once car is turned off, it will not start again.

Disconnecting the positive battery terminal and re-connecting it makes it start again and work for about a week.

Any help y'all can provide is greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

anhandrew is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV modded out, 2010 CTS Performance FE3

Re: Intermittent Electrical Issue, Won't Start

I would check with the battery. Is it the original? I had this happen to my avalanche and when I changed out the old battery to a new one I asked for a bigger size/cca. Never had another problem. Also is the terminals connected tightly and is corrosion free?

flyingfortress1983 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT

you can possibly check both battery cables, as the battery cables have known to be defective. The other thing to possible check is the fuel pump pressure control module which if it can get wet can cause some of the issues that you may be experiencing. To test the fuel pump pressure control module you will the tech2 tool which can be used at the dealer.

jttexam is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Thanks for the replies. It does appear to be a battery cable issue. Connections are tight and corrosion free. Do you guys have a preferred vendor for parts?

Thanks,

JT

K9Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black

Rippy's Cadillac is a good start, he's an authorized vendor on this site. I've also used gmpartsdirect.com with no issue. If in a hurry, I'm sure your local Chevy or Cadillac dealer has the cable in stock.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.