2013 Escalade Paint Quality - Very Poor!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2013 Escalade Paint Quality - Very Poor!!! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Well, just placed my order for my 2013 Escalade ESV AWD. I have to say, of all the 2013 Escalade ...
    vipermann1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade 2007

2013 Escalade Paint Quality - Very Poor!!!

Well, just placed my order for my 2013 Escalade ESV AWD.
    I have to say, of all the 2013 Escalade cars in the showroom and the lot, the paint quality is very poor!!!

Way to much Orange Peel type finish. I was hoping on the Black Raven, I would see a clear reflection. This was the same issue on all 7 new Escalades.
    But the reflection was very poor. The pain feels smooth, probably due to the clear coat, but the actual paint underneath is really poor quality.

Dealership offered to "Buff smooth or Color Blend" the paint when my vehicle arrives. I told them it's OK.

Cadillac, if you are listening ... please... Improve the paint!!!

...Now the wait begins...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

Re: 2013 Escalade Paint Quality - Very Poor!!!

I prefer the orange peel to show that it is an oem paint vs a smooth one that is repainted.
    RX951 and RX951 like this.

quattrotman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade EXT

So why are you buying if it's that bad? I wouldn't.

lee88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrotman
    So why are you buying if it's that bad? I wouldn't.
    Agreed-
    Why anyone would buy a vehicle that isn't up to their standards is beyond me. Makes no sense. If you don't like the product don't buy it. Just my opinion.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

The paint on the Escalade's has always been very poor, it requires a lot of polishing with a wheel, or even wet sanding on my part just to make it look good to me, that was another factor why I turned down my 2013, the paint on the 2013 diamond white I ordered was the roughest yet, and I have had 10 diamond white Escalade's, that along with the warranty change made it easy to turn down. I am just tired of spending hour after hour to make my NEW truck look like it should have came from the factory looking. So I made the choice to switch to another manufacturer, if we keep taking the junk they will never fix the problem.

surburban99 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Platinum Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    The paint on the Escalade's has always been very poor, it requires a lot of polishing with a wheel, or even wet sanding on my part just to make it look good to me, that was another factor why I turned down my 2013, the paint on the 2013 diamond white I ordered was the roughest yet, and I have had 10 diamond white Escalade's, that along with the warranty change made it easy to turn down. I am just tired of spending hour after hour to make my NEW truck look like it should have came from the factory looking. So I made the choice to switch to another manufacturer, if we keep taking the junk they will never fix the problem.
    If you don't mind me asking, which manufacturer and car did you switch to?

Thanks,

John

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

I'm gonna guess Jeep (SRT8 possibly)

---As for the original post, I also agree with the above statements; why purchase a product you've already deemed as subpar, especially one as expensive as this??

hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged

Paint quality has always been poor. They will never change it, because people still buy it. gm only understands money and how much they can save, not how many customers they can satisfy

ELUSIVE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE

I can tell you right now that if the Ford Expedition/Lincoln Navigator had a more powerful engine I would have bought one of those over my Escalade in a heartbeat.
    The interior quality and design of the Ford products is far superior in my opinion.
    The power and exterior beauty of the Escalade is much better.

The Jeep just seems so small in comparison.

lee88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
    I can tell you right now that if the Ford Expedition/Lincoln Navigator had a more powerful engine I would have bought one of those over my Escalade in a heartbeat.
    The interior quality and design of the Ford products is far superior in my opinion.
    The power and exterior beauty of the Escalade is much better.

The Jeep just seems so small in comparison.
    I purchased an 07 navigator ultimate new and I was extremely disappointed. The interior was made of cheap plastics (worse than the escalade lol) The most uncomfortable seats! I have to say the escalade (despite its flaws) is a much better buy in my opinion. It's comfortable to drive, has a powerful engine, and of course it's great to look at! This made it a no brainer for me...

tony abbott is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    Curious as to which manufacturer you have gone with - or are going to. I tow trailers and boats and am stumped as to which to go with next. I currently have a 2011 EXT, but will be looking for something new within a year or so.

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid
    I actually prefer the black raven of the escalade. It is resistant to scratch unlike my range rover sport's Sumatra black where every scratch pops a white streak.

Redpost is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): EXT

Quote Originally Posted by surburban99 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, which manufacturer and car did you switch to?

Thanks,

John
    2013 GL550 (diamond white/black interior) pretty nice, it's got this option called "curves" that using hydraulics it stiffens the sway bars for great handling.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland View Post
    I'm gonna guess Jeep (SRT8 possibly)

---As for the original post, I also agree with the above statements; why purchase a product you've already deemed as subpar, especially one as expensive as this??
    No had one of them already, just got my wife a 2013 hemi Jeep overland summit in this winter chill color, and the interior is MUCH NICER THAN MY PLATINUM ESCALADES

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.