Engine won't shut off on 2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Engine won't shut off on 2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by Nice Ride Highly unlikely it's the gas. Does it run smooth as if the key is still ...
    Hfresh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade ESV
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Ride View Post
    Highly unlikely it's the gas. Does it run smooth as if the key is still in? Or is it a little rough? Any lights lit on the dash? Have you tried using your other key for a while?
    No it runs smooth all the time except for when I use this gas. The engine light was lit but I've taken it in for service so I hope it does not happen again.

Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum / 2010 SRX Premium
    Let us know what they found. Good luck!

Found out what the problem was. I have the big 26 in wheels and tires and the drives front wheel was rubbing against the wiring and rubbed through the wire loom and scraped the shielding off of about six wires. Had the wires repaired and all the codes cleared now I'm all good. But I had to pay for it unfortunately but thats the price you pay when you ride big. SMDH!

mikemjohnson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2006 CTS-V

Re: Engine won't shut off on 2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV

damn man sucks! where exactly if you dont mind so the others of us riding like you can prevent

The thick group of wires hanging down from the fuse box with the wire loom on it. Just turn your wheel all the way sharp left or right you will see the wire loom covering behind the wheel.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Engine won't shut off on 2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Thank you for posting the resolution, Hfresh! I'm sorry about the cost annoyance but relieved that everything is alright with your Escalade now!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum / 2010 SRX Premium
    I knew it was that 😏

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.