Iphone touch screen control - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Iphone touch screen control in Cadillac Escalade Forums; wow this looks good so far your a genius. I would love to see it in action when you are ...
    christi0n is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade 2008

Re: Iphone touch screen control

wow this looks good so far your a genius. I would love to see it in action when you are done.
    big rob 1 likes this.

2muchspl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac Escalade

Kudos for this, I think Im going to toss my name into the arena for this as well. Ive ordered my NavTV & multimedia kit for my other video needs since Ive decided not to upgrade to the Alpine X009-GM, sticker shock!

quantum is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

2muchspl, which NavTv and multimedia kit are you going with? I used one in a 2006 Escalade, worked like a charm.

I got a barracuda https://www.navtv.com/product/163/barracuda.html and PAC GMRVD MM Kit. These would give me AV in for the Mimic & PS3,AV out for 20" flipdown and VIM. I dont plan to add FLIR or any other cameras, etc

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
    I am also on board I have the Gm Rse wire in and out and the barracuda now I need the mimics x2

big rob 1 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT

Made progress last night, got the firmware updated and applied power, and saw the X2 via bluetooth on my iPhone

Sent a few emails to Dave at customGodz and he answered all my questions and was excited to see the install.

Picture just shows a few LED's on, and the pairing of the iPhone and the Mimics.

Next step is to rip the navi apart and install the module.

I didn't even know it had Bluetooth. Can't wait to see it in action.

big rob 1 & Quantum quick question.. is our Nav fed with a ribbon cable and being hooked up like it is on page 5 of the PDF instructions? Or do we have to tap into the 4 wires.

Big Rob. How or what are the two wires to switch between Nav and Mimics hooked to? I dont see it in the PDF. I see what the white wires for IOS home screens is for but wont need that. I'm goin Android (even though I have a jailbroken touch already)

Quote Originally Posted by 2muchspl View Post
    big rob 1 & Quantum quick question.. is our Nav fed with a ribbon cable and being hooked up like it is on page 5 of the PDF instructions? Or do we have to tap into the 4 wires.

Big Rob. How or what are the two wires to switch between Nav and Mimics hooked to? I dont see it in the PDF. I see what the white wires for IOS home screens is for but wont need that. I'm goin Android (even though I have a jailbroken touch already)

Most of the information is in this thread, might have to read it from the beginning again.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l#post12304625
    That post I believe answers your question, it is a ribbon, and on page 7 (step 5) I believe that is how it will be hooked up. ( I haven't ripped mine apart yet, that's the next step).

The two wires are for switched 5v for the the BLUE wire on the Mimics, when 5V is applied to the blue wire, all touch input is directed to the mimics, which then transmits the coordinates via bluetooth to your iOS device.

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanx Rob! I did have a chance to email Dave, you are correct about the blue wire needing power (5V or 12V?). I had a chance to install my NavTV & MM Kit today and learned a few things. The video will need to be split if you wanted the Andoid/iOS displayed on the RSE, in other words I could easily get video in to the Nav but the Nav wont send that AUX video back out to the RSE. This is minor and Ill add a powered video splitter, since a simple Y will degrade composite.

Ive ordered my Mimics today and took a few pics of my Galaxy II via AUX, If you dont do it,Ill make a full write up on the install (esp the dismantling of the nav)

Hopefully these pics will entice others to do it like yours did me!

Looking good can't wait for the tutorial

AZKlaus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Can't wait to do this with my S4

I created a new thread here,

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l#post13022578

I will post up step by step instructions of how I installed it and all the problems I had.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.