Iphone touch screen control - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Iphone touch screen control in Cadillac Escalade Forums; mine arrived today. I will start a new thread about how the installation goes....
    big rob 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT

Re: Iphone touch screen control

mine arrived today. I will start a new thread about how the installation goes.

CaMs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Rob - you get a chance to install that piece yet? Pain in the ass?

I started collecting parts and making sure what I want to do is going to work.
    I haven't started the 'install' process. Once I do I will make a new thread documenting everything.

I bought a used iPhone 4S because iPhone 5 and 5s don't have real video output.
    The old 30 pin connectors allow for the video to pass through the phone straight into the radio.
    The phone is running on iOS 7.0.6 and is jailbroken.
    So far there is no touchscreen actions from the HeadUnit to the phone, but I have the phone output on the screen.

this is my landscape home screen for now (will edit it later)

Here is Google Maps with traffic working.

Everything seems doable, at this point......
    2muchspl likes this.

according to this, http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...273606678.html

The screen resolution is 800x480, I need to get the iPhone to output this.....
    The options so far on the iPhone are
    640x480 (in the screenshots) and then 800x600.

Not sure how this will affect it.

quantum is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Hey Rob,

I am doing this to my 2011 Escalade as well, with an Andriod phone and the X2. I bought the CustomGadz MimicsX2 module from Dave in mid-2013 and was going to do a carPC install in my 2006 Escalade (still have the screen and parts), but never got to it. Now that I just got the 2011, it will make a great springtime project!

Did you just tie in the iPhone to the X2 in the above pics or is the phone display on the screen coming through another type of connection?

Also, what do you need the Alibaba screen for? I did MILES of reading and research on the X2 and have put PCs in 2 Cadillac Devilles already. From what I recall, the X2 works with the factory head unit screen and touch screen, doesn't it?

If I can help, just let me know. Like I said, I have lots of e-mails from Dave and did some research work on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Hey Rob,

I am doing this to my 2011 Escalade as well, with an Andriod phone and the X2. I bought the CustomGadz MimicsX2 module from Dave in mid-2013 and was going to do a carPC install in my 2006 Escalade (still have the screen and parts), but never got to it. Now that I just got the 2011, it will make a great springtime project!

Did you just tie in the iPhone to the X2 in the above pics or is the phone display on the screen coming through another type of connection?

Also, what do you need the Alibaba screen for? I did MILES of reading and research on the X2 and have put PCs in 2 Cadillac Devilles already. From what I recall, the X2 works with the factory head unit screen and touch screen, doesn't it?

If I can help, just let me know. Like I said, I have lots of e-mails from Dave and did some research work on my own.

Hey Quantum!

Great to hear! I swap between Android and IOS frequently so when I saw the MimicsX2 was compatible with both iOS and Android I went for it.
    In the above pics, the phone is just displaying through the rear of the console the AUX inputs. There is no touchscreen going on at all, just a video essentially.
    I don't need the Alibaba screen, that is just the exact screen that these escalades use, and I wanted to know the resolution, so I can try to match it on the output of the iPhone.
    I think I am ready to tackle this project, I just need to read the manual once more and have enough time/courage to take the dash apart (AGAIN) and open the $1600 nav system! LOL

Anything you can share would be helpful!

CaMs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Looks\Sounds good guys..
    I guess the first part of this project was getting the phone (iOS\Android) on our NAV screens. Sounds like you got that part done. Rob So you are not using any converters to display the video from the phone out to the oem screen? I thought we would need a HDMI to composite converter?
    Quantum - How are you getting the android on the screen?
    I have a Andoird and my wife has a iPhone 5 - so i know it will be a PIA to have something work with both. But if we can not use a converter then maybe the install will look a bit cleaner.

If this x2 works, this will be the best aftermarket thing we can do to this truck..

Quote Originally Posted by CaMs View Post
    Looks\Sounds good guys..
    I guess the first part of this project was getting the phone (iOS\Android) on our NAV screens. Sounds like you got that part done. Rob So you are not using any converters to display the video from the phone out to the oem screen? I thought we would need a HDMI to composite converter?
    Quantum - How are you getting the android on the screen?
    I have a Andoird and my wife has a iPhone 5 - so i know it will be a PIA to have something work with both. But if we can not use a converter then maybe the install will look a bit cleaner.

If this x2 works, this will be the best aftermarket thing we can do to this truck..
    Since these trucks have an AUX input stock, it makes getting the phone screen onto the nav screen extremely easy, you could also do this with lockpick and other things.
    I have NO adapters, just a cable plugged into the phone and into the three connectors on the back of the center console.
    Most android phones now support mirroring over MHL, where you would need a a HDMI to RCA converter.

I am going to tie it into the LockPick 560, however it appears to be out of stock. I will look through my box of bits and see if I have the mini-HDMI to full HDMI adapter, HDMI cable to HDMI/Composite adapter. I'll try it through the aux input and then when all is aid and done, hook it up to the lockpick when it comes in. Dave also needs to send me a cable ad a few TS parts that didn't have, so that is on the way.

I am also going o plug in my ipod Touch to the Aux input ad see what that does. I have the converter for that somewhere as well.

Once everything is hooked up, and the x2 TS module is tied into the Nav ribbon cable, a few calibrations are needed and it should work. One piece of advice, be careful with those ribbon cables on the NAV. They can tear or break internally rather easily.

Good Luck All!

amtrucker22 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade - 06 GTO

Bump... We need updates

Quote Originally Posted by amtrucker22 View Post
    Bump... We need updates
    Not much progress to post unfortunately.
    I have figured out how I want to wire it up and get it all working.
    I am first doing the hot/cold center console conversion then will be doing this.

The last piece of the puzzle has arrived: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181276840525

I plan on using the Blind Zone system button to enable/disable the touch interface for the iPhone.
    And plan on using the heated windshield washer button for the 'home' button.

I will play with the circuit board this week and once that is figured out, install time!

Progress!

Ordered a new full option switch panel.
    I kept the switches to move the pedals working, and hijacked the rest of the buttons.

The heater washer button is now the 'home' button and the button for the power running boards is the button that directs inputs to either the stock Head Unit or the iPhone.

Few pics.

Modifying the PCB and adding wires for the input switcher

Modification for the 'home button' to the PCB

All wired up

From the front it looks untouched/modified

From the back it has the wires for the mimicx2

Last step is to now remove the SuperNav and install everything!!!!

Hey Rob,

That is VERY awesome!!! LOVE what you did there, hope you don't mind if I do it as well!

I am gearing up to do the same thing with the X2 for the android. I have all the parts (switch on order, TY for the link). Looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    Hey Rob,

That is VERY awesome!!! LOVE what you did there, hope you don't mind if I do it as well!

I am gearing up to do the same thing with the X2 for the android. I have all the parts (switch on order, TY for the link). Looking good!
    Hey Mike,

That's what the forum is for, sharing ideas and helping each other.
    If you have any questions, or get stuck, post up, I think it's only the two of us tackling this, but once it works, I think more people might try it.
    This was literally the hardest part so far, and it was only because I knew I needed to add two switches for this MimicsX2 to work, but I didn't want to make the interior have any modifications. Finally after looking at some Escalades online, I noticed they had more switches under the Heater/AC controls. I finally found the switch and knew that would work. I have went through a few of them so far, but now I know how to make it work. (post above.)

Rob

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.