Iphone touch screen control - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Iphone touch screen control in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by CaMs Does anyone know if are OEM screens are 4 pins? Here is a video of someone ...
    big rob 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT

Re: Iphone touch screen control

Quote Originally Posted by CaMs View Post
    Does anyone know if are OEM screens are 4 pins?
    Here is a video of someone using there infiniti OEM screen
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JemX8xBmU8I

man, if we can verify that these have the 4 pin wires, ill order it up and document everything.

This is the only pics I have seen of inside the radio.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-fix-pics.html

2muchspl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac Escalade

Hey its my thread! Lol... I actually have more pics that didnt make it to that thread, I'll sift through them . I did watch the youtube video above and it looks promising but also can be faked. I have a MHL adapter (w/hmdi to rca adapter) and it can mirror my Galaxy 2, Note 2 & Note 3 screen to any secondary screen but with no touch panel control, I had this is my DTS. He could of had that same MHL adapter & just had the phone off camera view, tapping the corresponding buttons at the same time. I only suggest the fakeness due to lack of links on the youtube.

Apparently the Mimicsx2 has had some delivery issues over the last year

http://www.mp3car.com/mp3car-blog-ta...r-android.html (read comments)
    And,
    http://www.mp3car.com/general-hardwa...-business.html

Be wary of who you give your money to.

SALEEN0089 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade ext
    He says he's using some other component too in the back of his radio he probably has the lockpick from coastal electronics but anything from iPhone 5 and on will not work with the lockpicks using video I used to be able to do everything he's doing without anything else streams everything from his phone!

CaMs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by 2muchspl View Post
    Hey its my thread! Lol... I actually have more pics that didnt make it to that thread, I'll sift through them . I did watch the youtube video above and it looks promising but also can be faked. I have a MHL adapter (w/hmdi to rca adapter) and it can mirror my Galaxy 2, Note 2 & Note 3 screen to any secondary screen but with no touch panel control, I had this is my DTS. He could of had that same MHL adapter & just had the phone off camera view, tapping the corresponding buttons at the same time. I only suggest the fakeness due to lack of links on the youtube.

Apparently the Mimicsx2 has had some delivery issues over the last year

http://www.mp3car.com/mp3car-blog-ta...r-android.html (read comments)
    And,
    http://www.mp3car.com/general-hardwa...-business.html

Be wary of who you give your money to.
    Thanks for the links. I was also thinking to myself how come there is not more videos of this project showed working with OEM screens..

Even if this doesnt work, i think the best would be to have us just mirror our phones on the stock OEM screen. What MHL and hdmi to RCA converter are you using on yours? You have this working on the NAV screen? Any pics\videos ?

I traded that car in, I really Hate I have no pictures of that in action, but I can install this behind my wifes aftermarket double din and give you a idea on how it behaves, here is what I have. the middle adapter in the packet is for Note 2 and above phones. I got the MHL off ebay and the HDMI adapter from Amazon.

thanks for the info.. My next issue is getting my wifes iphone on the screen as well..

I sifted through my pics and there really wasnt a great shot of the screen wires, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by 2muchspl View Post
    I sifted through my pics and there really wasnt a great shot of the screen wires, sorry
    thanks for checking.

Anyone want to pull their unit out, or pulling it out shortly and can pop off the back cover and tell us?

Quote Originally Posted by big rob 1 View Post
    man, if we can verify that these have the 4 pin wires, ill order it up and document everything.

This is the only pics I have seen of inside the radio.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-fix-pics.html
    Rob - I found this on ebay. It says Original 8" screen replacement. By the looks of the pic. It does SHOW 4 pins..
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-8-0...7383c8&vxp=mtr

----------

Actually found an OEM one. Looks like 4 pins..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2008-20...f14dbe&vxp=mtr

Rob - I found this on ebay. It says Original 8" screen replacement. By the looks of the pic. It does SHOW 4 pins..
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-8-0...7383c8&vxp=mtr

----------

Actually found an OEM one. Looks like 4 pins..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2008-20...f14dbe&vxp=mtr
    WOW great research!!!!
    I will order the MimicsX2 and see if I get it. Not really worried about it, worst case I have to do a chargeback with my CC company.

----------

I have ordered it just now

And paid for expedited shipping to California.
    I will update when I receive it.

----------

CustomGadz just sent me an email saying it will ship in 2 days.
    2muchspl likes this.

nice.. keep us in the loop. My NAV should be here next week. Would be great if this piece will actually work !

----------

Also Rob what phone do you have? I know the one requirement is to already have your phone mirrored onto the nav display.

nice.. keep us in the loop. My NAV should be here next week. Would be great if this piece will actually work !

----------

Also Rob what phone do you have? I know the one requirement is to already have your phone mirrored onto the nav display.
    I will 100% update this thread, possibly start a new thread with pics of the process.
    I have an iPhone 5 put might end up hooking this to an Apple TV so I can wirelessly airplay the iPhone to the ATV which will feed into the mimics and onto the display.
    Not sure yet, need to think of what I WANT to show/interact with on the Nav and go from there.
    2muchspl likes this.

Yea, its prob. best to start new thread.. ATV should work, but then you need wireless. At least with the Droids you can use the MHL adapter like posted above.. My issue is using both iphone + droid. My wife as iphone I have droid.. Dont think there is a clean way to do this !!!

I will continue to update this thread until my unit arrives...

Its been 9 days since I placed my order. Dave said it would ship the next day, and it apparently will be shipped Monday.
    Dave gave me a story about why it took so long...

Rob,
    Hi. i do appologize for the delay. I found out why you package didnt get dispatched and that was because your order was missing a smapp optional extension adapter we include now. Anyway, I came into the office today and found your order, included the adapter and already packed it up for you.

I will personally ship it tommowow (Monday) for you.

Your order status has been updated and you should of got a tracking number. Please wait until tommorow before checking the tracking number.

Regards,
    -Dave

I will be checking the shipment this week, with the express shipment I expect it to arrive by Friday.

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

I am going to do it I am contacting them now

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.