Bad front wheel bearing hub?’
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Bad front wheel bearing hub?’ in Cadillac Escalade Forums; ...
    thundercat97 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Angry Bad front wheel bearing hub?’

I have a 07 Escalade. The right front wheel bearing hub shows sign of being worn out. Can that be the case? The car has only run 56K miles and I have the stock 22” rims.

If the bearing is bad, which means GM still use the same shitty bearings they used on the Chevy’s in the beginning of 2000? I had to change both front hubs on my 2001 Crew Cab before it had passed 50K!

Thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Bad front wheel bearing hub?’

Thundercat97, please email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com with the last eight of your VIN and I would be happy to look into this matter further for you. I realize you're asking for other owners' opinions, so I hope they'll be chiming in with the feedback you're seeking!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

We have customers with over 200k with the stock front wheel bearings, which I find amazing running 22" wheels for that many miles

sparsons79 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

Both of mine went out with in weeks of each other around 85,000 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    We have customers with over 200k with the stock front wheel bearings, which I find amazing running 22" wheels for that many miles

wesyder is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by hcvone
    I changed my first bearing with only a bad sensor about 180k and the other was actually the bearing at well over 200k, ive had stock 17's along with aftermarket 22's and 24's ... The cost of ownership for this vehicle cannot be beat imo

gp1200r2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

what r the signs of a bad wheelbearing,as we are going threw a noise now,at around 20-40 mph and making a little turn its sounds like something is slapping around at times and doing the same speed sounds like metal rubbing or like the tire is in a rut on the road

roadog1aj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 EXT Premium & 2006 STS4

What does the rim size have to do with premature bearing failure? I have the stock 22"s on my EXT. I would believe the possibility of some rims with radical "Offsets" causing possible wear issues. Also tire/rim combos that have an excessive total weight that would cause undo wear and tear on the suspension components. Just a curious question regarding a "rim size only" reason for wear issues, without taking offset & total unsprung weight into account. I've had 16.5", & 18" rim / tire combos that weighed substantially more than the stock 22"s and tires that are on my EXT right now. The 16.5" rim / tire combo did cause premature bearing failure on my 97 Dodge Ram. I changed over to an 18" rim / tire set-up that was lighter and never changed bearings after that.
    Perhaps there are some alignment issues to consider as well? Also, if the vehicle was pre-owned, it may have been abused enough to cause early bearing wear, or was driven in an area that is not bearing friendly. And of course.....possibly....the bearings just plain wore out, and a new set may last twice as long

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

The size of the rim add's additional weight as well as the diameter with cornering and turns with all the weight of the escalade adds to the wear and tear of the hub bearing's. Not sure if there are different hub bearing assemblies for our year escalades that come equipped with the stock 22's or the stock 18's but either way if the same wheel bearing is used on each model you can guarantee the escalades with the 22's will have to change out their hub assemblies before the owners with the 18" wheel combos. Just changed mine out at around 120k and mine originally came equipped with the 18" rims however the previous owner got rid of the 18" stock wheels and purchased some bozzo 23" rims for it even though he lived in minnesotta? Can't seem to understand that one. Anyways short story, adding larger diameter rims and the extra weight of the rim will decrease a hub bearing's lifetime.

sparsons79 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

Same here. In the last month I have replaced both wheel bearing hubs and all four ujoints. 86,000 miles on my 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by sparsons79 View Post
    Both of mine went out with in weeks of each other around 85,000 miles.

tdm757 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by sparsons79 View Post
    Same here. In the last month I have replaced both wheel bearing hubs and all four ujoints. 86,000 miles on my 2007.
    Looks like mine are out at 87k.

sgrant is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ESV

Right front at 55,000mi, '09 ESV, 22". Expecting LF anytime.

bagbklyn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade ESV

I have to replace mine and I have 89,000. I also believe if you live in a state where potholes and roads are horrible that will also lead to premature wear on the hubs.

bigwill1323704 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT
    Timken has the best hubs don't cheap. Out

Rose129 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Have not had front bearing problem yet, but bearing in rear axle went at 71K miles. Anyone else had that problem?

Rose

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.