One year away!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, One year away! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello, I was hoping I could pick your brains a little about an Escalade. I will be in the market ...
    wildbill2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

One year away!

Hello,

I was hoping I could pick your brains a little about an Escalade. I will be in the
    market this time next year. Looking to get a 2010 or 2011 Platinum with no more than 30k miles. This will only be driven on the weekends. I use a different truck for work and business.

1. Will there be a significant price difference because of the new model coming out?
    2. Is there any significant difference between 2010/2011?
    3. Only certified Pre-own?
    4. Always get an extended warranty?
    5. I know the 2009 has all the options, would this be a better option?

Thanks for your time!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Poncherello is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade ESV

Re: One year away!

Quote Originally Posted by wildbill2012 View Post
    Hello,

I was hoping I could pick your brains a little about an Escalade. I will be in the
    market this time next year. Looking to get a 2010 or 2011 Platinum with no more than 30k miles. This will only be driven on the weekends. I use a different truck for work and business.

1. Will there be a significant price difference because of the new model coming out?
    2. Is there any significant difference between 2010/2011?
    3. Only certified Pre-own?
    4. Always get an extended warranty?
    5. I know the 2009 has all the options, would this be a better option?

Thanks for your time!
    1. I don't believe you will see a significant price difference. The prices for used vehicles will continue to be what the market bears at that particular time.

2. No real differences between 2010 and 2011.

3. I would only get certified if it was done before I bought it. I would not pay the ~$1600 the dealer wants to certify it. This basically amounts to a prepaid service plan which more than likely you will never use. The Escalade already comes with the 100,000 miler powertrain warranty which will cover you for the biggest repair costs.

4.I do not believe in extended warranties, they are nothing more than pre-paid service plans. A consumer Reports study a few years back showed that only about 20% of consumers ever saved money with a warranty.

5. Price wise, 2009 would be the cheapest of the three. I wouldn't look specifically for a 2009 because it had heated washer fluid and an extra button on the console to fold the rear seats.

I bought a 2010 Premium ESV last month after looking at hundreds of vehicles. I found the one I wanted with the mileage I wanted, the options I wanted, and the color combo I wanted. I would tell you to do the same thing regardless of the year.

Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escilade 2009 ESV Platinum
    In 09 they removed the heated washer fluid, however it has every other option available. 2010 they took away more...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.