questions on wheels/tires
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, questions on wheels/tires in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi All, newbie with a few questions. I just got a 2008 escalade that came with 18" wheels. My qqestions ...
    Yoneytan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

questions on wheels/tires

Hi All, newbie with a few questions. I just got a 2008 escalade that came with 18" wheels. My qqestions are:

1. What exactly is a magnetic ride? I assume mine doesn't have it since it didn't come with 22" wheels.

2. I'm definately buying factory 22's but am unsure as to the side. I know factory came with
    285/45/22 but I see some with 305/40/22, what are advantages of either tire?

3. what brand tires do you have on yours and how do you like them?

thanks for reading.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: questions on wheels/tires

Quote Originally Posted by Yoneytan View Post
    Hi All, newbie with a few questions. I just got a 2008 escalade that came with 18" wheels. My qqestions are:

1. What exactly is a magnetic ride? I assume mine doesn't have it since it didn't come with 22" wheels.

2. I'm definately buying factory 22's but am unsure as to the side. I know factory came with
    285/45/22 but I see some with 305/40/22, what are advantages of either tire?

3. what brand tires do you have on yours and how do you like them?

thanks for reading.
    Welcome to the forum. In 2008 only the platinum had magnetic ride, the stock 22's came with 285/45/22 Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza. Some have gone to the 305/40 for the wider tire, other for a slightly softer ride. The stock 22 Bridgestone will last the longest because they have the highest tread wear rating, the down side is lasting longer makes for a harder rubber and a rougher ride. on my 22's I like the stock Bridgestone's, they hold up for me.

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

I agree with the stock tires. I don't ever plan on purchasing a set of tires for mine, they should last until its time to get a new car!!

psuscott0483 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 EXT

i would like to see pics of how the 305/40 looks on the stock wheel if anyone has a pic please

felixgun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade & 2011 Yukon

The difference between the two tires is the 305/40 is a WIDER tire (hence 305 > 285) and the factory 285/45 has more sidewall (45 > 40). When it was time for new tires I went with 305/40/22 Nitto NT420S tires on my factory 22's. I personally like the wider stance as it looks a little more "aggressive". It also handles better IMO. Here's some pics as requested:

psuscott0483 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 EXT

thank you for the pics & info, very helpful! i think i may try out the pirelli scorpions

Yoneytan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

thanks guys, i think i'm gonna go with factory size 285's with original tires.

anyone know anything about dvd screens? i replaced the head unit with the factory navigation and want to add a
    factory dvd screen. i wouldn't mind going with a bigger after market screen but i want to be able to control it from
    the nab up front, any screen you guys like over the factory?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.