Anyone have U2-55 rims?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Anyone have U2-55 rims? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I'm doing my research on the u2-55 rims and it looks like they come in a 26x10 with a +25mm ...
    black escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Anyone have U2-55 rims?

I'm doing my research on the u2-55 rims and it looks like they come in a 26x10 with a +25mm offset. I'm doing my measurements and it looks like it will rub on the power running boards....anyone have these rims with a 305/30/26 tire on it and know if it will definitely rub or is just barely enough?

The truck is stock height for now, I will be doing a mcgaughys 2/3 drop in a bit.

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

quattrotman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade EXT

Re: Anyone have U2-55 rims?

I have them with the 305 tires and they will rub a bit so you need to do a bit on the fender liners to correct it. It's not horrible but it does rub. I have a 2/3 drop too but have the stationary running boards. Get 295/30/26 and you'll have a bit more room.

black escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Too late. Got the 305 tires and my rub is pretty severe. I will mess with the fender wells, however, my concern is im getting rubbing on the bottom of the fender, the metal portion that sticks out above the running boards (I have power boards)--not sure if a drop will help with that or what I will need to do...had to take the rims off = (

patrykkoul is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have these same wheels in 26s. The power running boards are adjustable to move back. I'm not sure if they were on all years, but I just picked up my 2012 and the dealer moved the power boards back for me so the 26s wouldn't rub. I'm running 295 width tires though and I have a 2/3 drop and it doesn't rub at all. Only when I crank it in reverse it will rub on the plastic inner fender wall. When I had my Denali it rubbed there too with the same set up, but after a couple months it stopped because the tired rubbed away the plastic. I haven't had any problems with it regarding the running boards though. When I had my car lowered I zipped tied the inner plastic fenders back as well.

Esky2.jpg

quattrotman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by black escalade View Post
    Too late. Got the 305 tires and my rub is pretty severe. I will mess with the fender wells, however, my concern is im getting rubbing on the bottom of the fender, the metal portion that sticks out above the running boards (I have power boards)--not sure if a drop will help with that or what I will need to do...had to take the rims off = (
    I don't rub any part of the fender but it does just graze the running boards. It doesn't cause me any problems. The fender liners were much more of a problem than anything else and I still get some rubbing on full lock in forward and reverse. It's a bit embarrasing in the parking lot but otherwise it is harmless.

patrykkoul is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

When I launch my boat and have to crank it full lock in reverse the rub is so loud. All my friends wonder what the hell is going on haha.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.