Bring my truck in to dealer comes out with blown motor!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Bring my truck in to dealer comes out with blown motor!! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; My truck is a 07 with 59k and all of a sudden I have my traction control stabilitrack check engine ...
    blkEsc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

Bring my truck in to dealer comes out with blown motor!!

My truck is a 07 with 59k and all of a sudden I have my traction control stabilitrack check engine and oil pressure light. I turn my truck off immediately and check my Oil and the level is fine also no engine noises of any kind. Bring it into the deer and they tell me it's $360 to pull the codes and then call me back and say it's another $500 to open the motor and diagnose the problem they wouldn't test the oil pressure either. I tell them to do it and they come back and say the engine is fine no damage or wear just needs a new oil pump. To make a long story short they seemed to lie about a few things eventually they said they did do a pressure test and it read 6psi supposedly. After I told them to only do the oil pump and I will bring it to another dealer to have the other work done meaning alignment inner seals minor maintenance etc. they put it back together and it has the same problem and they have to take the motor apart to see what's wrong. I told them I will have the ober dealer do it and they released the truck to me. I asked them if it's ok to drive or should I tow it and they said there's. I engine noises its running ok I can drive it over there. From the length of 1 dealer to the next (about 20-30) miles the motor started knocking and is now damaged beyond repair. I have an extended warranty company ur I don't want to use it for this if the dealer did this on top of I will not be without my truck for 1-2months. Any idea on how I should go about handling this with the warranty company and the original dealer who messed up and the new dealer who will be doing the work. Plus I want to know if possible to get my payments covered for the 1-2 months of not having my truck and a rental. Will this effect the resale value of my truck in a negative or positive way. Sorry if there are spelling errors typing this on my phone seems to come up weird. Any insight/advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Bring my truck in to dealer comes out with blown motor!!

Wouldn't his be covered under the original 100k mile powertrain warranty??

No. My powertrain warranty expired already. One thing that's good and bad with my truck is it was one of the first new body escalates on the road but everything happens to it/expires first also. My truck was built in '06

TobyJohnson11 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Escalade AWD, 12 Ram Longhorn, Coming Soon (10 Platinum)

That sux bad. I hate to hear it. I would say you’re going to be hard pressed to prove that the first dealer did anything to cause it. Good thing you have an ext warranty, I would try to get the payments covered, but don’t get your hopes up. Should not decrease the value of the vehicle...

Good Luck

Rustico is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

Oh no!~

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

There were a bunch of early 07's (built in 06, mine was one of them) that blew engines from bad intake valves, but they would have destoryed your engine a long time ago, mine did after 20 days, as did several others, and many Z06 (LS7) owners because we shared the same intake valve part number at that time. $360 to read codes? That is WAY TOO MUCH

zogg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Not sure I would mention that I drove it from one dealer to another...the extended warranty company may not cover it if they find out it was driven 20-30 miles with a known problem. We lost the warranty some ears ago when my wife drove a minivan 30 miles with no coolant....they said it was pure negligence....ouch!!

The dealer said the truck was ok to drive. I specifically asked them if I should tow it and I have my warranty company would cover it or I have AAA an they would have covered it up to 100 miles for free but they said no you can drive it out of here with no problems. Apparently they do not know anything! If you live in new York Do not go to Atlantic Cadillac!!! From the day I bought my first truck from them I should of known better. They gave me a good deal but did not are about anything but the sale I bought this one somewhere else and I bring it to the dealer and they try to hit me over the head. I know there's some people that work at Cadillac on here. What is the reg protocol in a situation like this?

zogg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Just be careful.....I bet if you or a lawyer asked them if they said it was ok to drive, the no doubt would deny it. Hope you get this all worked out....keep us posted on how it goes...good luck

They supposedly record all conversations for quality control purposes so if push comes to shove I will be issuing a subpoena for the phone conversations. Cadillac service at it's best! lol

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by blkEsc View Post
    I know there's some people that work at Cadillac on here. What is the reg protocol in a situation like this?
    This thread just came to my attention this morning, blkEsc, and I'm so sorry to see you experienced this. If you would like me to set up an official service request (case) for you and begin communicating with dealerships and working with our Customer Assistance Center towards a resolution, please let me know! My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and sending your full name/address/phone/current known mileage/last eight of your VIN would be much appreciated.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

$360 to pull codes...we do iot free. Can't imagine charging for something that takes 5 minutes.

Oil pump failure on the V8's is usually a stuck pressure relief valve, but it dosent take long to damage bearings...even if you dont hear any noise the damage may have already started.

Good you have the warranty.

This dealer is a joke. It went in with no engine issues and comes out with cam bearings gone valves an lifters tapping. The warranty company won't cover the motor due to it being caused by work from the original dealer and the other dealer is yet to say what there gonna do. All I know is I'm stuck with truck with a blown motor at the moment due to Atlantic Cadillacs great service team, all my car payments since im being told this is gonna be a solid 2 months and no car!!!

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Only takes 2 days to swap a motor in, and yes.....I think the dealer may be to blame on this......good luck and let us know if we can help.

Update: The dealer is saying I pulled it out it's on me they are not taking any responsibilty and my warranty company should cover it. Warranty company will not cover damage caused by the dealer not fixing it properly. I opened a case with GM and the customer service rep spoke with the service advisor from the original dealer and they stated they visually inspected my motor twice there was no problems, they replaced the oil pump the problem was still the same issue meaning lights were still on same code and they have to take the engine apart again to see what's going on but the motor is fine no engine noises or anything. They said I told them not to touch it after that which I did say but specifically asked this "if I should tow it or is it safe to drive to the other dealer and the service advisor said to the cadillac rep I said he can drive it just be cautious. Then later said he took the truck out of here it's on him it's not our fault we already gave him $100 goodwill by covering his deductible and that's all their doing. They didn't do anything wrong!! My bill from cadillac also states from the tech after putting the truck back together he called gm tech line and he can't figure out what is wrong!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.