Bring my truck in to dealer comes out with blown motor!! - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Bring my truck in to dealer comes out with blown motor!! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by blkEsc This dealer is a joke. It went in with no engine issues and comes out with ...
    Delta is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Some kind of CTS

Re: Bring my truck in to dealer comes out with blown motor!!

Quote Originally Posted by blkEsc View Post
    This dealer is a joke. It went in with no engine issues and comes out with cam bearings gone valves an lifters tapping. The warranty company won't cover the motor due to it being caused by work from the original dealer and the other dealer is yet to say what there gonna do. All I know is I'm stuck with truck with a blown motor at the moment due to Atlantic Cadillacs great service team, all my car payments since im being told this is gonna be a solid 2 months and no car!!!
    First off, it didnt go in "with no engine issues", you had a low oil pressure message on....

the dealer didnt cause your problems, they were prexisting.
    So after still not hearing from the district case manager I am still waiting to find out but there was an update that was put in the system the missing case manager DENIED the claim!!! They have still not told me why as the district case manager is the one who has the details on this. Time to go see the lawyer! Once this is resolved I will never buy a gm anything again in my life. For a big time company who was loosing their ass you would think they would step up to the plate and take care of a loyal customer.
    i thought you already went to your lawyer 5 days ago...?
    Quote Originally Posted by rfishoutofwater View Post
    So does he need to hang out there weekly to be a LOYAL customer. Only time I take my vehicle to the dealer is for warranty work. What else would I need to be there for. Loyalty can consist of always buying one brand of car or buying from one salesman etc. I don't agree with your thinking. Just my 2 cents.

My dads a ford man. All he has ever driven or bought was fords. He is now 70 and just bought what will be his last car a 2012 explorer. Now that's loyalty!
    he means loyal to the service dept. You guys take your Cadillacs in for warranty work because it's free then never come back once you're out of warranty. that's not loyalty at all. You never spend a dime with the service department. Why should they go out of their way to help you? You've never done anything for them and completely stopped going there once it started costing you money. now the only reason you go there is for your free car wash.
    99ssconv lol, you must be another crooked tech who doesn't know how to do his job properly and tries to pull the same stunts!! I have bought a Brand new Hummer and a Brand New Escalade both only had during the original warranty time period and this 07 escalade which is what I have now which is the first time I have ever had to bring my truck in for service outside of the factory warranties so get the facts straight before you open your mouth! The dealer charged me 3 hours labor to pull codes that take 2 secs in which they still couldn't figure it out and then another $500 to tear the motor down to try and diagnose it further. Then almost another $3k in repairs for a total of almost $4k and the truck leaves with a blown motor. Where is any sense in what your saying??? Are you the tech who worked on my truck cause you sound like it. Maybe you should look into another profession with less thinking involved I heard walmart is hiring.

To give a further update: GM called me again and they had a different case manager on it since the original case manager was sick and after there investigation and what both dealerships stated they agree that Atlantic should be responsible and it is there fault for not doing the repairs correctly and are also trying to assist me in getting them to fix it right. It was only denied due to it not being a manufacturer issue and it was strictly cause by the shop doing the repairs.

Basically what your saying 99sscoonv is I should just just pay $4,000 to get my truck fixed at the dealer and I should get it back with a blown motor when I pull out of there and still have the original issue at hand also. At least I was able to drive it before with the light on and it's now in there hands and I can only move it with a tow truck after the master techs of cadillac touch it and $4k later. How do you explain the multiple people having the same issue as me and another person who did the same repair work based on the same issues now needs his motor replaced also? Is all of these cases every other owners fault too??
    the dealer did not charge you 3 hours to pull codes. they simply didnt. They probably charged you 3 hours for DIAGNOSIS. that's not just pulling codes.

from what i've read and can interpret through your broken english, is as follows.

1) warning lights come one in dash
    2) take to dealer
    3) changed original diagnosis
    4) you approve teardown to further diagnose
    5) you approve replacement of oil pump
    6) dealer calls you back and says it still has the same problem and they're going to tear into it again
    7) YOU TELL THEM NOT TO AND YOU ATTEMPT TO DRIVE IT TO ANOTHER DEALER.....
    8) motor goes
    9) you bitch on a forum

i capitilized the part that is the true issue here.

It's pretty funny that you just lightly skip over the fact that the dealer told you that this whole thing is caused by lack of oil changes.

what kind of extended warranty did you buy?

let me guess, it's not a GMPP "because they cost too much and the dealer was just trying to sucker you into buying one"??

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Let's get back on topic before this gets too far out of hand.

blkEsc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

Delta you must be friends with the other guy on here.. lol... It went in with every light on no knocking no misfire nothing. perfect oil level. The issue they diagnosed it for was wrong! Based on what the other dealer said and that is why everything is still lit up on the dash. They also said it was a simple. Within 20 min and they would of been able to tell what the problem is. They never changed the original diagnosis. Dealer calls back again after already catching them in lies with other things related to my truck and they said they need to take it apart again they don't know what's wrong with it still but it is safe to drive to another dealer if I still wanted to. I pull it out of there and the motor goes. Whether or not it is the case that this is due to lack of oil changes or not the motor ran fine with no mechanical issues before it went in there and within 20 mins tops the motor blows after they do the work. Someone else on here started a thread having the same issue replacing the same parts and his motor blew within 2 weeks time. what about him?? IS it both of our faults that cadillac service can't fix it right the first time. Both trucks came in with lights on the dash not blown motors! The dealer really didn't tell me anything at all. I had to hunt them down to find out anything since he only wanted to talk to the warranty company. As far as my extended warranty company goes I paid a nice chunk of money for it and it's rated #1 on many different sites that review companies in which through my company I get a discount with. Bottom line even if I didn't have a warranty this was a mistake made by the tech not fixing it right my money warranty dealer whatever it's there unprofessional service that did this not me supposedly only going there for a free car wash! Would you pay for work on anything if you get it free. The funny part is that's built into the price of every vehicle that's sold, the work that might need to be done under a factory warranty. Why would anyone with a factory warranty go somewhere else for repairs and pay when in essence they already paid for it when they bought the car new. That's one of the reasons people buy new cars to not have issues with it and have to come out of pocket to fix it and have no car. I bought this one used and this is my first time owning a gm not still under the factory warranty. Being loyal not that this matters but I also own a 2012 mercedes which when the time comes it will go to mb for whatever service and a 05 cl55amg which I have had since '08 which went to the dealer for everything even outside of the factory warranty except for oil changes and tires. Once again nothing to do with the tech not properly fixing my truck and telling me it's "ok" to drive!

blkEsc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

I'm not here to debate or fight with anyone over this. All I was trying to do was tell my story and being I know others on here are having the same issue I was trying to let this be known so they don't go down the same road as the other guy did like me.

Delta you must be friends with the other guy on here.. lol... It went in with every light on no knocking no misfire nothing. perfect oil level. The issue they diagnosed it for was wrong! Based on what the other dealer said and that is why everything is still lit up on the dash. They also said it was a simple. Within 20 min and they would of been able to tell what the problem is. They never changed the original diagnosis. Dealer calls back again after already catching them in lies with other things related to my truck and they said they need to take it apart again they don't know what's wrong with it still but it is safe to drive to another dealer if I still wanted to. I pull it out of there and the motor goes. Whether or not it is the case that this is due to lack of oil changes or not the motor ran fine with no mechanical issues before it went in there and within 20 mins tops the motor blows after they do the work. Someone else on here started a thread having the same issue replacing the same parts and his motor blew within 2 weeks time. what about him?? IS it both of our faults that cadillac service can't fix it right the first time. Both trucks came in with lights on the dash not blown motors! The dealer really didn't tell me anything at all. I had to hunt them down to find out anything since he only wanted to talk to the warranty company. As far as my extended warranty company goes I paid a nice chunk of money for it and it's rated #1 on many different sites that review companies in which through my company I get a discount with. Bottom line even if I didn't have a warranty this was a mistake made by the tech not fixing it right my money warranty dealer whatever it's there unprofessional service that did this not me supposedly only going there for a free car wash! Would you pay for work on anything if you get it free. The funny part is that's built into the price of every vehicle that's sold, the work that might need to be done under a factory warranty. Why would anyone with a factory warranty go somewhere else for repairs and pay when in essence they already paid for it when they bought the car new. That's one of the reasons people buy new cars to not have issues with it and have to come out of pocket to fix it and have no car. I bought this one used and this is my first time owning a gm not still under the factory warranty. Being loyal not that this matters but I also own a 2012 mercedes which when the time comes it will go to mb for whatever service and a 05 cl55amg which I have had since '08 which went to the dealer for everything even outside of the factory warranty except for oil changes and tires. Once again nothing to do with the tech not properly fixing my truck and telling me it's "ok" to drive!
    We're getting one, VERY BIASED, side of a complicated story. I dont believe anything you're saying.

"Whether or not it is the case that this is due to lack of oil changes or not the motor ran fine with no mechanical issues before it went in there and within 20 mins tops the motor blows after they do the work"

it did not run fine. there were warning lights coming on telling you that it had low oil pressure and you continued to drive it. the motor was on it's way out. and when a motor is going out, it can be very quick. them putting fresh oil in it could have caused this problem since you obviously had an issue maintaining it. (probably because oil changes are too expensive and mechanics lie and are just trying to steal money when they tell you it's necessary)

the dealership didnt put all the miles on it and they didnt drive it when the "LOW OIL PRESSURE" light was on. YOU DID.
    I'm not here to debate or fight with anyone over this. All I was trying to do was tell my story and being I know others on here are having the same issue I was trying to let this be known so they don't go down the same road as the other guy did like me.
    no you werent. you were just trying to bad mouth a dealership. that is the base of this entire thread.

i'm probably gonna get booted from this thread now. You're allowed to bad mouth a dealership, but i'm not allowed to disagree or i get infractions apparently.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.