Bring my truck in to dealer comes out with blown motor!! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Bring my truck in to dealer comes out with blown motor!! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; You posted some topics in my thread "in my Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control Lights Code p0011" so I ...
    Rustico is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

Re: Bring my truck in to dealer comes out with blown motor!!

You posted some topics in my thread "in my Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control Lights Code p0011" so I wanted to consolidate since I think a few people are having similar problems that start with this code P0011.

So basically even after the dealer changed the oil pump that wasn't even the problem. Maybe they should have changed something else.

I'm having the same problems as Chevy Racer but we both have high 160k or 195k miles.

oil2.jpg

#413 is the oil pump and the timing chain pictured

CMP solenoid and oil control valve aka cam bolt

Originally Posted by blkEsc
    I picked up my truck after the dealer put it back together and had the same problem. Thy told me the truck was safe to drive and I can drive it to the other dealer and my motor blew. It's knocking like crazy and the cams are now shaved down from having 0 oil pressure. Now I am going to have to fight with the dealer to replace my motor etc. any ideas on how to go about this?

Originally Posted by chevyracer
    well the verdict is in , GM told the dealer to replace the oil pump, oil pump screen, cam actuator and timing chain set

price quoted parts and labor $2675

Originally Posted by blkEsc

After the dealer tore down the engine they are saying that the oil pump is bad and that they can't test the oil pressure accurately and that's why they haven't tested it. There is a bearing issue or something and there is oil starvation due to the screen in the oil pump being clogged and this is due to not performing oil changes. But there is not damage at all to the motor even with me driving it like that and this is what is the underlying cause to why the code p0011 and the traction control, stabilitrack cel is coming on. It makes even less sense to me now especially when there was no knocking or anything the engine ran perfect and there still is no damage after driving with it 20-30 mins.

99ssconv is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): fix them every day
    Quote Originally Posted by blkEsc
    So after still not hearing from the district case manager I am still waiting to find out but there was an update that was put in the system the missing case manager DENIED the claim!!! They have still not told me why as the district case manager is the one who has the details on this. Time to go see the lawyer! Once this is resolved I will never buy a gm anything again in my life. For a big time company who was loosing their ass you would think they would step up to the plate and take care of a loyal customer.
    Loyal customer? You said the only times you would take it to a GM dealer was for warranty work. Go cry to someone who cares, maybe your lawyer...

rfishoutofwater is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EVS Platinum Rip Tide Blue
    So does he need to hang out there weekly to be a LOYAL customer. Only time I take my vehicle to the dealer is for warranty work. What else would I need to be there for. Loyalty can consist of always buying one brand of car or buying from one salesman etc. I don't agree with your thinking. Just my 2 cents.

My dads a ford man. All he has ever driven or bought was fords. He is now 70 and just bought what will be his last car a 2012 explorer. Now that's loyalty!

blkEsc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

99ssconv lol, you must be another crooked tech who doesn't know how to do his job properly and tries to pull the same stunts!! I have bought a Brand new Hummer and a Brand New Escalade both only had during the original warranty time period and this 07 escalade which is what I have now which is the first time I have ever had to bring my truck in for service outside of the factory warranties so get the facts straight before you open your mouth! The dealer charged me 3 hours labor to pull codes that take 2 secs in which they still couldn't figure it out and then another $500 to tear the motor down to try and diagnose it further. Then almost another $3k in repairs for a total of almost $4k and the truck leaves with a blown motor. Where is any sense in what your saying??? Are you the tech who worked on my truck cause you sound like it. Maybe you should look into another profession with less thinking involved I heard walmart is hiring.

To give a further update: GM called me again and they had a different case manager on it since the original case manager was sick and after there investigation and what both dealerships stated they agree that Atlantic should be responsible and it is there fault for not doing the repairs correctly and are also trying to assist me in getting them to fix it right. It was only denied due to it not being a manufacturer issue and it was strictly cause by the shop doing the repairs.

Basically what your saying 99sscoonv is I should just just pay $4,000 to get my truck fixed at the dealer and I should get it back with a blown motor when I pull out of there and still have the original issue at hand also. At least I was able to drive it before with the light on and it's now in there hands and I can only move it with a tow truck after the master techs of cadillac touch it and $4k later. How do you explain the multiple people having the same issue as me and another person who did the same repair work based on the same issues now needs his motor replaced also? Is all of these cases every other owners fault too??

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Thats nice to hear, sounds like GM will try to do what appears to be the right thing. I hope it all works out.

It def does. A little craziness with them getting to the right person and figuring out what's going on with GM internally but it is nice to see that now they see whole problem and are willing to step in, in my favor.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    It's a shame you had to go to GM and get aggrevated about this The dealer should have done
    The right thing immediately. Based on the feedback I read about this dealer plus what I know about this dealer GM should pull their dealership agreement.

rfishoutofwater is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EVS Platinum Rip Tide Blue

I hope everything turns out for the good. Please keep us all posted.

quattrotman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by 99ssconv View Post
    Loyal customer? You said the only times you would take it to a GM dealer was for warranty work. Go cry to someone who cares, maybe your lawyer...
    Oh look, another GM employee insulting someone who has a less than enthusiastic opinion about GM or its customer service. How rare.

Quote Originally Posted by blkEsc
    99ssconv lol, you must be another crooked tech who doesn't know how to do his job properly and tries to pull the same stunts!! I have bought a Brand new Hummer and a Brand New Escalade both only had during the original warranty time period and this 07 escalade which is what I have now which is the first time I have ever had to bring my truck in for service outside of the factory warranties so get the facts straight before you open your mouth! The dealer charged me 3 hours labor to pull codes that take 2 secs in which they still couldn't figure it out and then another $500 to tear the motor down to try and diagnose it further. Then almost another $3k in repairs for a total of almost $4k and the truck leaves with a blown motor. Where is any sense in what your saying??? Are you the tech who worked on my truck cause you sound like it. Maybe you should look into another profession with less thinking involved I heard walmart is hiring.

To give a further update: GM called me again and they had a different case manager on it since the original case manager was sick and after there investigation and what both dealerships stated they agree that Atlantic should be responsible and it is there fault for not doing the repairs correctly and are also trying to assist me in getting them to fix it right. It was only denied due to it not being a manufacturer issue and it was strictly cause by the shop doing the repairs.

Basically what your saying 99sscoonv is I should just just pay $4,000 to get my truck fixed at the dealer and I should get it back with a blown motor when I pull out of there and still have the original issue at hand also. At least I was able to drive it before with the light on and it's now in there hands and I can only move it with a tow truck after the master techs of cadillac touch it and $4k later. How do you explain the multiple people having the same issue as me and another person who did the same repair work based on the same issues now needs his motor replaced also? Is all of these cases every other owners fault too??
    No, what I'm saying is your an idiot. That's why you purchase an extended warranty and not flip flop to different dealers. That's where YOU messed up. 25 years with GM and a World Class Tech, I could fix your car in my sleep. I just get sick and tired of people like you using forums to bad mouth dealers. Maybe sometime in the forum can come over and help you fix your truck since you obviously can't....

I see that you are loyal. Your vehicles are going on 6 years old. My bad

No, what I'm saying is your an idiot. That's why you purchase an extended warranty and not flip flop to different dealers. That's where YOU messed up. 25 years with GM and a World Class Tech, I could fix your car in my sleep. I just get sick and tired of people like you using forums to bad mouth dealers. Maybe sometime in the forum can come over and help you fix your truck since you obviously can't....
    I don't know if you just went on here and started bashing me or you actually read my old thread but I HAVE AN EXTENDED WARRANTY!! This dealer lied to me and was just guessing at things to be the problem not actually knowing. I'm not a world class tech or anything but something pretty common sense to me in this field is if there is no oil pressure the truck would not run and blow right away. Since it didn't to me a common thing to do first is test the oil pressure as maybe just maybe it's a sensor possibly. Plu after catching them in lies and the other dealer who has been great which I posted on here told me they are not doing the proper repair and just banging my warranty company with all the facts,stories I chose to not let them continue on. They he a f BBB rating and pages of complaints many I very similiar issues. I call it like I see it if they were doing the right thing than this wouldn't be up here's I wouldn't of taken it to another dealer and I would be driving down the road in my truck. Instead I'm going on 3 weeks of my trick sitting now with a blown motor from basses on the diagnosis and repairs from the original dealer. With 25 years experience from a "world class tech" maybe you should help people on the forums which is why most of us are on here in the first place instead of talking shit to people world class master tech!

I see that you are loyal. Your vehicles are going on 6 years old. My bad
    Just to throw it out there in 27. Since mommy and daddy doesn't pay for my cars. It took me some time from when I first got my license to be able to afford 60-70k trucks!! Once again you don't know anything! You should stick to fixing cars over there in Texas and stay off here. Every time you say something it gets stupider and stupider. It doesn't matter if I bought the truck and it's my first one, first service whatever! The dealer charged $4k to fix my truck and it came out with a blown motor due to them not repairing it correctly. Explain to me how I should eat a motor job because they messed up!

krieghoff is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ESV

Maybe we could get back to the problem and stop the name calling as it isn't needed! Thanks

slowstang305 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade

99ssconv

You are a complete moron. I think you need to learn comprehension and respect. The man has a truck under warranty and did the right thing. 4K in repairs and the truck is still not done. I think Cadillac needs to step up to the plate get their shit together build this man a new motor and get his truck on the road instead of passing blame around. There is a reason he paid for an extended warranty, so he would not have to deal with stupid problems all day. That's why we have mechanics. And since you are a master tech with 150 million years of experience maybe they can fly you down to his part of town so you can show the other techs how to fix the truck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.