Window Tint - what do you have? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Window Tint - what do you have? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Ive been away for a while but looks like you pretty much covered all the bases as to the tint ...
    uflj50 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade

Re: Window Tint - what do you have?

Ive been away for a while but looks like you pretty much covered all the bases as to the tint and options. I'll just a couple more. First, any new tint job will appear cloudy for a few days but should clear up. Exactly how many will depend on the thickness of the film, the temp and it is important to the leave the truck in the sun to cure. Not curing properly can cause a haze and any small bubbles to remain. Second, the rear doors are not tinted, it is actually smoked glass but you get the point. If you install a film over the "smoked glass" you will reduce the incoming light again by the % of tint coming in from the already resuced %, thats how you get the fronts and rears to even out and why you see everyone saying they use X% on the fronts and a different x% on the rear. Any good tint shop can talk to you about this and get it right. The film is what is important as much as the installer. Use a good quality tint, its not that much more expesive. Again I've user the Huber Optiks for several years and its great. Google them, you see how it works and get a list of "Authorized Dealers" in your area. Last, Look at the box the installer is getting the film from and make sure its what you are paying for.

gatorboy112 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

photo.JPG

i have a 5% strip on the front windshield, and on all the other windows. it's pretty dang dark even during the day. cant really see in at all from the rear seats to the back.

48Dodge is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade ESV

Since it's been years since I tinted a car (Probably 15 years and it was a honda civic), what's the going rate these days for a nice job on all windows? I know prices will vary widely due to location, just wanted to see what I could expect.

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Seems like mine was between 200 and 250 bones.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by uflj50 View Post
    Ive been away for a while but looks like you pretty much covered all the bases as to the tint and options. I'll just a couple more. First, any new tint job will appear cloudy for a few days but should clear up. Exactly how many will depend on the thickness of the film, the temp and it is important to the leave the truck in the sun to cure. Not curing properly can cause a haze and any small bubbles to remain. Second, the rear doors are not tinted, it is actually smoked glass but you get the point. If you install a film over the "smoked glass" you will reduce the incoming light again by the % of tint coming in from the already resuced %, thats how you get the fronts and rears to even out and why you see everyone saying they use X% on the fronts and a different x% on the rear. Any good tint shop can talk to you about this and get it right. The film is what is important as much as the installer. Use a good quality tint, its not that much more expesive. Again I've user the Huber Optiks for several years and its great. Google them, you see how it works and get a list of "Authorized Dealers" in your area. Last, Look at the box the installer is getting the film from and make sure its what you are paying for.
    I used Huper Optik tint for years, now I use Johnsons tint now (they gave me a few rolls), they offer more "colors" to match factory tint better and it's only on my cars for a year or two, but you are correct it all about the installer, we see some real poor tint jobs even on high end cars.

Rustico is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

How about 3M color stable?

Bigplay is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 2014 CTS V-sport Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Rustico View Post
    How about 3M color stable?
    I have 3m tint on my ride and it's great. I have it on my 05 STS & 12 Escalade. The tint on my STS still looks new, with no purple fade or anything like that, so I does last. btw I bought the car brand new had it tinted 2 days after purchase.

I paid 160-180 for mine

mikemjohnson is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2006 CTS-V

Not a good picture, but I have 5% on front windows, 5% over factory 20% on rear, 35% on whole windshield with a 5% bar just below the AS1 line

are those the 'playa 514' wheels? what size wheel and tire is that?

Rustico is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

tint.jpg

I just added 35% 3m Color stable tint up front driver and passenger windows. The prior owner had limo tint over the factory dipped and it was too dark for me.

Regency is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Is it cool for me to reply even though I have a yukon?
    3% all around
    First pic is what it looks like behind the tint second is outside

lee88 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Regency
    Is it cool for me to reply even though I have a yukon?
    3% all around
    First pic is what it looks like behind the tint second is outside
    Nice ride man-
    I've always liked yukons!

Royalton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 Escalade

I have 5% added all around. You cant see inside at all. But I find myself having to roll down my front drivers side window all the time at night when I'm turning through intersections just so I make sure no one is in the crosswalks walking. I think i'm either going to change the front windows to 15% or add 35% on the front windshield. I think I'm having a harder time seeing at night out my front side windows because my eyes are adjusting to how bright everything comes through the front windshield, so then when I look out the side its harder because I'm used to seeing such bright lights out the front ....just a thought

Regency is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks bro

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.