Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Window Tint - what do you have?

58K views 76 replies 37 participants last post by  BBC 
#1 ·
I believe stock windows are 20% have you guys gone darker?

When I got my front windows done I think they did 20% to match the rears. I think they still look too light and I'm think i might want to go darker.

Someone told me that I could try 15% on the front even though it's darker the light coming in front the front windshield will make it match the rear, has anyone done this?

I definitely don't want 5% tint but something I'd like to know what y'all have.

#44 ·
I have 5% added all around. You cant see inside at all. But I find myself having to roll down my front drivers side window all the time at night when I'm turning through intersections just so I make sure no one is in the crosswalks walking. I think i'm either going to change the front windows to 15% or add 35% on the front windshield. I think I'm having a harder time seeing at night out my front side windows because my eyes are adjusting to how bright everything comes through the front windshield, so then when I look out the side its harder because I'm used to seeing such bright lights out the front ....just a thought

#48 ·
what do you guys recommend? i've got a 07 ESV i want the back side windows to be basically impossible to see through from the outside and i want the front to be pretty dark but not extremely dark, and i want the back window to still be pretty dark but still be able to see through from the inside out easily at night. and possibly like 35% for the windshield bc that seems to be a popular tint for the windhsield. and about how much (i know it will vary by location) will a full tint set cost for this to be installed?

#50 ·

I have 20% wincos tint on the front two windows only, they are very good at blocking out the heat (has a slight bluish tint to it that blocks IR light along with UVA UVB). I like it so much im thinking about getting the rest of the windows done it 50% just for the heat blocking. I don't want it to be too dark considering I do a lot of night driving through bad neighborhoods.

#53 ·
ps I went w 70% vis on the front windshield and have to say i will now ALWAYS get this done in every vehicle. You cant tell its tinted but lets in a lot less heat and hurts my eyes less on really sunny days. zero affect on nighttime driving.... seriously get it it done you will become a believer like me too lol

tint shop had 80% 70% and 35% 80 was like nothing at all, and 35 i thought may affect nighttime driving so 70% was perfect for me. If they had a 60-50 i may consider that too

#54 ·
Just got back from driving (night) and really glad I didn't go any darker. Backing up would be nearly impossible without the camera. The place I got mine tinted has 2 types of film for the windshield. One reduces heat by 20% and the other by 40%. Several gradients of color. I think they have a 45. The guy has 35 on his windshield and says he loves it but I'm like you and I worry about it reducing vision too much.

#56 ·
A high quality 15% vis tint should be in the mid 50% area of heat rejection. I've seen crap dyed films in the 30% area here is what I put on on you can see a comparison. 3M is also good
point is step up to the plate when you get tint. ceramic is worth it, I went with a carbon based film. Both options are high end and my car really does stay cool in the blazing summer heat.

http://www.suntekfilms.com/files/SunTek_indv_SS_auto_comp_CXP.pdf

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.