Window Tint - what do you have? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Window Tint - what do you have? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; You have to realize that tickets are just revenue for them. It's easier to write this Escalade a ticket than ...
    bstiffmanofsteel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Window Tint - what do you have?

You have to realize that tickets are just revenue for them. It's easier to write this Escalade a ticket than chase down real crooks.
    Here in Illinois 50% is legal in the front. I have 35% on my cars but 2 years ago you couldn't tint the front windows at all, so I did 5% on the rear over the factory tint which darkened the interior nicely!

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    My friend bought a Porsche panorama recently and tinted the windows, the next day he gets pulled over and got a $1200.00 ticket. The cop ticketed by the window.

fivepix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Ride View Post
    Question, I had front tinted to match the factory rear. One thing I don't like is when you look out from inside, the rear windows are Chrystal clear, the aftermarket tint looks like a haze from the film. Are there different types of tint? I would like it to be clear like the factory. Is this possible?
    My tint is as clear as the factory you might have a poorly installed tint? Have you used any products to clean your windows if you have that might have damage the film?

Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum / 2010 SRX Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by fivepix

My tint is as clear as the factory you might have a poorly installed tint? Have you used any products to clean your windows if you have that might have damage the film?
    Nothing used to damage tint. The test is look out into bright light from inside. Factory is crystal clear, front tint has a haze best way to describe it. Both leaf and right are identical. Are there different types of tint? The factory tint is in the glass, could it be the thin film of adhesive that's on the tint?

bstiffmanofsteel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by bearle View Post
    my friend bought a porsche panorama recently and tinted the windows, the next day he gets pulled over and got a $1200.00 ticket. The cop ticketed by the window.
    $1200!?! Wow!

felixgun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade & 2011 Yukon
    Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    My friend bought a Porsche panorama recently and tinted the windows, the next day he gets pulled over and got a $1200.00 ticket. The cop ticketed by the window.
    Wait a $1200 ticket for tint?!

ESCALADE132 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade
    I'm a Deputy Sheriff and I drive a Escalade and I have my windows tinted but you are still able to see inside. It's hard for civilians to understand about the tint but if you were out on the streets and in a bad neighborhood and you make a traffic stop you have no idea what's going on inside the vehicle or what they might have in there. Trust me if they had a law stating you had to roll down your windows when you were pulled over no one would do it , there's no common sense in people anymore !

ESCALADE132 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade
    Oh and by the way there's no way in the world anyone got a ticket for $1200 for tint, no way possible

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Trust me it's possible here in MA I had a friend get a $1200.00 for his CLS500 also. I can understand why cops don't like it because of safety reasons etc. BUT don't take this wrong when I say this but if your driving a $75k SUV and a $100k Porsche or Benz and get pulled over chances are they are not going to whip out a gun and shoot a officer. It could happen but slim chances and I don't mean to sound like a dick.......

fivepix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Ride View Post
    Nothing used to damage tint. The test is look out into bright light from inside. Factory is crystal clear, front tint has a haze best way to describe it. Both leaf and right are identical. Are there different types of tint? The factory tint is in the glass, could it be the thin film of adhesive that's on the tint?
    Yes there are many different types of tint films out there, you should not see a haze might have a defect or poorly installed tint take it to a professional to have it checked.

Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum / 2010 SRX Premium
    Thanks, will ask the tint shop soon. Job was only done 5 months ago..

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I had my doctor sign a PA form saying I need window tint, well want is more like it, and now if I get pulled over I show them the cert and nothing happens, I have to do this for each car/truck that is aftermarket tinted, never been pulled over since getting the state cert, go figure.

chewboy1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade AWD
    I have 15% up front & 15% over the factory tint in the rear. I've never had a problem with the police around here. Although, I have heard some stories about state troopers writing tickets & even scratching the front window tint so you pretty much have to remove it... I've tinted all I've my vehicles myself with 15% all the way around and never had any issues.

JHC828 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV Platinum / Sierra Denali / Infiniti FX50S & M45

I have 15% on the 2 front doors which matches the rear factory tint and 45% on the windshield which is just enough to take the glare off of everything. I would like to have 5% all the way around with 35% on the windshield but that only lasted about a week on my last car before I got a ticket. I believe the law where I am states 25% is the darkest for the front windows but the Escalade has such big windows that the 15% isn't that dark and you can still see in the vehicle.

Bigplay is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 2014 CTS V-sport Premium

I have 5% on all side & rear windows and 15% on the moonroof which I love it keeps the truck cooler on the inside on them hot summer days. You can't see in the truck at all I got pull over on the highway about a month after I got it done because they could see the temp tag, the cop didn't say anything about the tint. They really don't bother about car tints here unless the cop just wants 2 be an azz.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.