2007 Escalade ESV Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control Lights Code P0011
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 Escalade ESV Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control Lights Code P0011 in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have been getting the Service Strabilitrak and Service Traction Control Lights flashing on and when I pull the code ...
    Rustico is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

2007 Escalade ESV Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control Lights Code P0011

I have been getting the Service Strabilitrak and Service Traction Control Lights flashing on and when I pull the code the code P0011 "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced Appears. I erase the code and everything is normal for 300 miles.

I have changed the Camshaft Position sensor yesterday and cleared the code but I just got the code again. I have changed the spark plug wires, new spark plugs, 8 new ignition coils and new air filter recently. I also cleaned the MAF sensor.

Should I buy a new throttle body? I always use top tier gas. I have 156,000 miles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cadmanchris is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
    Sounds like the cam position actuator. It's not a throttle body, so don't waste your money. The actuator is behind the timing cover. Ii could be a pretty involved repair.

Re: 2007 Escalade ESV Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control Lights Code P001

is the cam position actuator the same as the cam position sensor I just replaced?

cadmanchris is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
    No. The cam actuator is mounted on the cam sprocket itself. You have to remove the front timing cover to access it. Chances are that it is stuck in the advanced position. Make sure oil is clean also.

chevyracer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 esclade esv

Re: 2007 Escalade ESV Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control Lights Code P001

I been fighting with this p0011 code too, first I did the same I changed the cam position sensor then it was fine for a week then the code came back , then this last Monday I replaced the cam position actuator magnet behind the waterpump, then today the service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control message came on then went off when I scanned it the code was there but no check engine light.

It got 195k on it

Do you have the part number for the Cam position actuator solenoid? This is going to be next on my list.

Cam position actuator magnet #12585995

cam position actuator seal # 12594339

water pump gaskets x2 # 12588372

I keep getting this service stabiltrack servce traction control light show every 200 miles after getting off from the freeway. I drained about 1/4 quart of oil since I had too much. My battery is at 12.45 volts when off. I ordered a new throttle body and maf sensor because they weren't that expensive and it probably needs it anyways with the 156k miles I have. I also ordered Cam position actuator magnet #12585995, cam position actuator seal # 012594339

water pump gaskets x2 # 12588372 for the mechanic to install them. If this doesn't work I am taking it to the dealer for a $100 diagnosis. Perhaps the timing chain is stretched-- basically I am throwing parts at this truck.. not good.

Is the cam position actuator magnet hard to replace? If there another solenoid I am missing other than the cam position actuator magnet and cam posisition sensor?

my buddie called me today sad the service stabiltrack traction control message flashed then went off so im assuming the p0011 came back, the only thing left is the oil control valve , cam phaser or low oil pressure.

Or a streched timing chain or power control module or bad wiring or..

Please let me know what the part numbers are for the oil control valve or cam phaser. I appreciate it. It's nice to be in the same boat..

Quote Originally Posted by chevyracer View Post
    my buddie called me today sad the service stabiltrack traction control message flashed then went off so im assuming the p0011 came back, the only thing left is the oil control valve , cam phaser or low oil pressure.
    I changed the maf sensor, throttle body and no luck. Next step another oil change, crankshaft position sensor, camshaft magnet. Does the 2007 escalade have an oil control valve? Also I noticed I have an oil leak this may or may not be related. I will also switch back to an ac delco air filter from an oil K&N filter.

the cam position sensor and actuator magnet is easy to replace

1) REMOVE intake tube

2) remove water pump belt

3 ) remove the belt tensioner on the water pump and the one next to the alternator

4) remove water pump held in with 6 10mm bolts you dont need to take the hoses off the pump i had
    room to move it forward

5 ) cam actuator is held in with 3 10mm bolts and cam sensor 1 10mm bolt

the whole process took 1 hour to do

Basically so far we have changed a cam position sensor which doesn't help anything a cmp actuator magnet with is cheap to fix but may not solve the problem (I am doing this tomorrow)....Next step would be to open the timing cover and change CMP Actuator Solenoid Valve (oil control valve) and the CMP actuator itself...

P0011
    Conditions for Setting the DTC
    Desired CMP 0-31° 0-31° 0-31°
    CMP Angle
    Circuit Short to Ground Open Short to Voltage
    Operating Conditions: Engine running above 900 RPM in park
    Parameter Normal Range: 0-31°
    CMP Angle 0-31° 0° 0°
    CMP Variance
    Circuit Short to Ground Open Short to Voltage
    Operating Conditions: Engine running above 900 RPM in park
    Parameter Normal Range: 0°
    CMP Variance 0-31° 0-31° 0-31°
    • The ignition switch is in the Crank or Run position.
    • The system voltage is between 9-18 volts.
    • The CMP actuator is command ON.
    • DTC P0010 runs continuously when the above conditions are met.
    • DTC P0010, P0016, P0335, P0336, P0340, or P0341 is not set.
    • The engine is running.
    • The system voltage is between 9-18 volts.
    • The CMP actuator is enabled.
    • The power take off (PTO) is not active.
    • The rate of change in the camshaft position is less than 7.5 degrees for 3.35 seconds.

P0011
    Action Taken When the DTC Sets
    Conditions for Clearing the DTC

DTC P0010 and P0011 are Type B DTCs.
    Diagnostic Aids
    This test procedure requires that the vehicle battery has passed a load test and is completely
    charged. Refer to Battery Inspection/Test .
    Reference Information
    Schematic Reference
    Engine Controls Schematics
    Connector End View Reference
    Description and Operation
    Camshaft Actuator System Description
    Electrical Information Reference
    • The ECM detects resistance greater than 2 ohms on the low reference circuit.
    • The ECM detects that the CMP Angle position is more than 8 degrees difference than the
    Desired CMP position.

P0011
    Important: Incorrect engine oil viscosity, aftermarket engine oil additives, or engine oil that
    overdue for changing, can greatly affect the performance of the camshaft actuator.
    1. Ignition OFF, disconnect C112.
    2. Test for less than 1 ohm of resistance between the low reference circuit ECM side, terminal E
    and ground.
    3. Remove the water pump from the engine. Refer to Water Pump Removal .
    4. Inspect and test the remaining wire harness from C112 to the CMP solenoid for an open/high
    resistance, or a short to ground.
    Component Testing
    Important: You must perform the Circuit/System Testing before proceeding with Component
    Testing.
    Static Test
    Test for 5.9-6.9 ohms of resistance at 20°C, or 68°F between the solenoid control terminal 2 and
    the low reference terminal 1 at the CMP actuator solenoid.
    Dynamic Test
    Important: Do not allow electrical current to flow through the CMP actuator solenoid for more
    than 1-2 seconds, or damage to the solenoid may occur.
    Point the CMP actuator solenoid vertically, towards a shop towel. Connect one end of a fused
    jumper wire to the CMP actuator solenoid control circuit terminal 2 and 12 volts. Connect a second
    jumper wire to the low reference circuit terminal 1 and momentarily connect to ground. The CMP
    actuator solenoid should immediately extend.
    Repair Instructions
     If the circuits test normal, replace the CMP actuator solenoid.
     If greater than 1 ohm, test the low reference circuit for an open/high resistance. If the
    circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.
     If the circuit tests normal, perform the component testing for the CMP actuator solenoid.
     If the CMP solenoid and the circuit test normal, then refer to Camshaft Position Actuator
    Magnet Cleaning and Inspection and Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid Valve
    Inspection

Dynamic Test
    Important: Do not allow electrical current to flow through the CMP actuator solenoid for more
    than 1-2 seconds, or damage to the solenoid may occur.
    Point the CMP actuator solenoid vertically, towards a shop towel. Connect one end of a fused
    jumper wire to the CMP actuator solenoid control circuit terminal 2 and 12 volts. Connect a second
    jumper wire to the low reference circuit terminal 1 and momentarily connect to ground. The CMP
    actuator solenoid should immediately extend.
    Repair Instructions
     If the circuits test normal, replace the CMP actuator solenoid.
     If greater than 1 ohm, test the low reference circuit for an open/high resistance. If the
    circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.
     If the circuit tests normal, perform the component testing for the CMP actuator solenoid.
     If the CMP solenoid and the circuit test normal, then refer to Camshaft Position Actuator
    Magnet Cleaning and Inspection and Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid Valve
    Inspection .
     If the resistance is not with in the specified range, then replace the CMP actuator solenoid. Refer
    to Camshaft Position Actuator Magnet Replacement .
     If the CMP actuator solenoid pintle does not extend, then replace the CMP actuator solenoid.
    Refer to Camshaft Position Actuator Magnet Replacement .

FRISBEE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

My 07' is at about 95k when this happened to me, but I was far from home on vacation in Niagara Falls NY, first got the CEL drove to autozone and they scanned my Truck and it came back as a rich 02. No problem I said to myself just a bad batch of Gas and headed to Our next town, after a few fill ups and now in Williamsburg Va. I got the Stabilitrack and Traction control lighting up on my dash so I stopped into a Cadillac Dealer nearby they scanned the truck again with the same codes....rich 02 he clears the codes and I say to myself "what are the odds of getting bad gas twice??" considering I was putting gas from good gas stations (BP, Shell, Exxon) So I head out finishing the tailend of our East Coast Vacation we get to Somewhere at the Georgia state line and on the Hiway the truck just looses all power and dies out on me!!!! by this time I'm thinking wow did I wipe out an 02 sensor??? I limp it to a gas station top the truck off and no problems till Dustin Beach Fla. and then in Roswell N.M. where I find another GM dealer the scan it and the code comes back P0011 Crank sensor and whatever codes follow, They don't have the sensor in stock and I proceed to call my Dealer in Albuquerque and tell him what happened and proceeds to tell me "oh yea we change those all the time at 100k" He also ask me if my oil level is ok because the level will also cause this problem. I tell him the oil is fine and start to ask him if he can look up what type of oil they installed before my trip because the Tech installed one of those static labels on the windshield and it read 3k miles earlier than my expected service. He looks it up and the bastards used conventional
    oil instead of synthetic oil. So here I am back in New Mexico in Roswell three hours away Albuquerque just finished driving 5800 miles on 3000 mile oil.
    I just changed the crank sensor and still have the stalling problem but no codes, Ill be changing the oil today and give an update.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.