2007 Escalade ESV Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control Lights Code P0011 - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 Escalade ESV Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control Lights Code P0011 in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I picked up my truck after the dealer put it back together and had the same problem. Thy told me ...
    blkEsc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

Re: 2007 Escalade ESV Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control Lights Code P001

I picked up my truck after the dealer put it back together and had the same problem. Thy told me the truck was safe to drive and I can drive it to the other dealer and my motor blew. It's knocking like crazy and the cams are now shaved down from having 0 oil pressure. Now I am going to have to fight with the dealer to replace my motor etc. any ideas on how to go about this?

Ghostbusters is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV '07

Re: 2007 Escalade ESV Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control Lights Code P001

Good afternoon. I want to replace the valve.
    Actuator came in a form of three parts with a spring.
    Help please, as the instructions to install the valve?
    (I am from Russia and I use Google translator.)

Rustico is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

I'm still getting the code but it is about once every 1000 miles-- once it didn't happen for 2000 miles. It always activates around the same exit when getting off the freeway. Very odd.

cadmanchris is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
    Sorry to say, but check the #2 cam bearing for scoring. That is the feed for the oil feed to the actuator. Hope this helps

Ghostbusters is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV '07

Worn crankshaft and camshaft. To touch or change the engine for a new one!

sadesdad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have a very similar issue with my 2007 Escalade.... Service Stabilitrak / Traction Control Message comes on intermittently and SOMETIMES my Check Engine Light will come on as well. I get the same '11' Code that's been spoken of an the Check Engine Light usually goes off by itself. And sometimes the Stabilitrak 'fixes' itself or after pressing the button numerous times, it will go off too. However, the past few times this has happened, I noticed my transmission seems to shift roughly when going from 2nd into 3rd gear. It's annoying, my mechanic told me not to sweat it. From what I've been reading, it sounds like a GM 'thing'

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by sadesdad View Post
    I have a very similar issue with my 2007 Escalade.... Service Stabilitrak / Traction Control Message comes on intermittently and SOMETIMES my Check Engine Light will come on as well. I get the same '11' Code that's been spoken of an the Check Engine Light usually goes off by itself. And sometimes the Stabilitrak 'fixes' itself or after pressing the button numerous times, it will go off too. However, the past few times this has happened, I noticed my transmission seems to shift roughly when going from 2nd into 3rd gear. It's annoying, my mechanic told me not to sweat it. From what I've been reading, it sounds like a GM 'thing'
    Hello sadesdad,

I apologize for the intermittent issues you are experiencing. I understand how this can be annoying for you. If you would like to further discuss this I am more than happy to do so. I can be reached via private message. Be sure to include your VIN and current mileage in the message too!

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Rob95066 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade

I am now having the same issue with my 2007 Escalade, my service stabilitrack and check engine lights are going on and it is shifting gears a little hard.

But my story is longer. This is my second Escalade I have owned. I had a 2004 and bought my 2007 in late 2006. I bought it pretty much loaded with everything, it costs me close to $70,000.

When my car hit 100,000 miles, it's as if the internal computer told it to start shutting down. I have put thousands of dollars in repairs into it and it does not seem to stop. I have a list a mile long on what repairs I have had to do.

But it gets better!

To top it all off, the paint around the windows has peeled off, yes... Peeled off. The dashboard has cracked. I could go on and on, but I won't. I will just share this recent issue: my wife went to open the door the other day and the entire door handle just came off in her hand.

I have a garage in which it is stored most of the time when we are it driving it so it's not as if it sits in the Arizona desert.

I have been fortunate to have owned nice cars in my life. A few BMWs, Porsche and other GM cars and always was proud of my Escalade. But this one is embarrassing. None of my other cars have ever fallen apart like that. It's just a shame and disappointment.

Last week I needed to buy a truck and aside from a BMW or Porsche, I decided against GM and bought a 2013 F150.

My wife and I have been trying to decide if we should sell the Escalade and we are torn on what to do next. I just can't believe how far behind GM and Cadillac have gone with the quality of their cars. For $70,000 you just expect better. The Cadillac dealer we called about our peeling window trim said it would cost $1,800 and then flippantly said "that's what happens when you leave your car outside".

I have been a GM owner since I was 16, that's 33 years. This by far has been the biggest slap in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob95066 View Post
    I am now having the same issue with my 2007 Escalade, my service stabilitrack and check engine lights are going on and it is shifting gears a little hard.

But my story is longer. This is my second Escalade I have owned. I had a 2004 and bought my 2007 in late 2006. I bought it pretty much loaded with everything, it costs me close to $70,000.

When my car hit 100,000 miles, it's as if the internal computer told it to start shutting down. I have put thousands of dollars in repairs into it and it does not seem to stop. I have a list a mile long on what repairs I have had to do.

But it gets better!

To top it all off, the paint around the windows has peeled off, yes... Peeled off. The dashboard has cracked. I could go on and on, but I won't. I will just share this recent issue: my wife went to open the door the other day and the entire door handle just came off in her hand.

I have a garage in which it is stored most of the time when we are it driving it so it's not as if it sits in the Arizona desert.

I have been fortunate to have owned nice cars in my life. A few BMWs, Porsche and other GM cars and always was proud of my Escalade. But this one is embarrassing. None of my other cars have ever fallen apart like that. It's just a shame and disappointment.

Last week I needed to buy a truck and aside from a BMW or Porsche, I decided against GM and bought a 2013 F150.

My wife and I have been trying to decide if we should sell the Escalade and we are torn on what to do next. I just can't believe how far behind GM and Cadillac have gone with the quality of their cars. For $70,000 you just expect better. The Cadillac dealer we called about our peeling window trim said it would cost $1,800 and then flippantly said "that's what happens when you leave your car outside".

I have been a GM owner since I was 16, that's 33 years. This by far has been the biggest slap in the face.
    Hello Rob95066,

I apologize that you have had issues with your Escalade since it passed 100,000 miles and that you have recently passed on the opportunity to purchase one of our vehicles. I hope that at one point we are able to earn your business again. If you would like to discuss your frustrations further in regards to your Escalade or your service at the dealership, please feel free to private message me. You can also reach out to us at socialmedia@gm.com. If you send an email, please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so it gets delivered to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Rob95066 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade

OK, sorry for the delay but we have been out of town most of the past month on vacation. I will indeed send an email as per your suggestion in hopes that someone gets back to me.

Thank you for the speedy reply. I will update the group of my progress.

wrcf355 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

I have same issues however what I'm tracking down a possible issue or cause differs from all the posts I have read. Any and all suggestions and opinions on this are welcome as its a work in process.

The BCM located under drivers left foot seems to be the root of the problem. The black plug in the middle is the transition/traction/stabilitrak connection I assume but if anyone has a wiring diagram of the BCM please post it!
    The black connector had 5 different wires that had loose contact points where the plug goes in the terminal. I tightened these because I can't find a replacement plug. The part number on that black plug doesn't pull up anywhere.
    The results when I did this was no check engine, no codes, no issues and truck runs like a champ. But....it will do It again periodically once every few weeks so I unplug the black connector from the BCM, disconnect the neg battery cable, plug black connector back in, reconnect battery and I'm good to go with no issues.

I'm looking for help and answers to this, any thoughts, and a wiring diagram for the BCM.

ebelp is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by wrcf355 View Post
    I have same issues however what I'm tracking down a possible issue or cause differs from all the posts I have read. Any and all suggestions and opinions on this are welcome as its a work in process.

The BCM located under drivers left foot seems to be the root of the problem. The black plug in the middle is the transition/traction/stabilitrak connection I assume but if anyone has a wiring diagram of the BCM please post it!
    The black connector had 5 different wires that had loose contact points where the plug goes in the terminal. I tightened these because I can't find a replacement plug. The part number on that black plug doesn't pull up anywhere.
    The results when I did this was no check engine, no codes, no issues and truck runs like a champ. But....it will do It again periodically once every few weeks so I unplug the black connector from the BCM, disconnect the neg battery cable, plug black connector back in, reconnect battery and I'm good to go with no issues.

I'm looking for help and answers to this, any thoughts, and a wiring diagram for the BCM.
    Not to sound too skeptical, but I'm betting if you just unplugged the negative terminal from the battery without touching that bcm plug, you'd have the same results.

Our 2007 ESV just started having this issue at 125k (service stabilitrak, cel and rough shifting). Some of the replies in this thread worry me. It seems as if there are several possible causes and it's a huge trial and error process to fix it.
    Dragon04_ likes this.

emmajones is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 escalade ESV

Have 2008 ESV - milage 170, 000. Driving down the highway and the information - Stabilizer off, then service traction control and service stabilitrak. I pulled over and turned it off, waited thirty minutes and stareted it and was coming on and off. I am planning on taking it to the dealer today, what kind of work do I need to expect from them? The check engine light came on right after it started to happening. About how much hours of work will they be doing, if anybody knows?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by emmajones View Post
    Have 2008 ESV - milage 170, 000. Driving down the highway and the information - Stabilizer off, then service traction control and service stabilitrak. I pulled over and turned it off, waited thirty minutes and stareted it and was coming on and off. I am planning on taking it to the dealer today, what kind of work do I need to expect from them? The check engine light came on right after it started to happening. About how much hours of work will they be doing, if anybody knows?

Thanks.
    Hello emmajones,

Welcome to Cadillac Owners! I am sorry you are experiencing vehicle concerns with your stabilitrak, service traction control and check engine light being illuminated. If you ever have any questions or would like our assistance while working with the dealer, please contact us via private message. We are here to assist!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

wrcf355 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

This seems to not be an isolated issue with higher mileage escalades and possibly other GM trucks/SUVs. And like others have said in this thread there is no clear cause, fix, etc.... That concerns me when we are all driving a $70k plus SUV.
    The cam actuator seemed to be the cause but some of those who have done this at great expense have the warning lights reappear.

Has anyone just replaced the BCM module all together? Can we try to put together a list from cheapest to most expensive suggested solutions? Just a thought,
    Dragon04_ likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.