2007 Escalade ESV Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control Lights Code P0011 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 Escalade ESV Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control Lights Code P0011 in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Drove the Caddy yesterday and still have the problems without the traction control light or CEL so no codes. Watching ...
    FRISBEE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 2007 Escalade ESV Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control Lights Code P001

Drove the Caddy yesterday and still have the problems without the traction control light or CEL so no codes. Watching the scanner and only thing I can see is timing dropping when the truck dies out.Hmmmm

Rustico is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

Re: 2007 Escalade ESV Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control Lights Code P001

I will probably take it in soon since it drives like a dream only this code p0011 pops up every 300 miles. The dealership needs to hook up a scanner and see what the problem is. It could besolved by a reprogram.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

FRISBEE & Rustico, I'm looking forward to your updates, and I'm only an email away at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you need any further assistance along the way.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Just had the check engine light come back on and all 4 codes were rich o2, checked fuel pressure and it was waaayyy past 100 psi. One of three things now to check 1. fuel regulator 2. fuel pressure sensor 3. fuel pressure module cant figure out why sensor didn't kick out a code. Also wondering if its under an emissions warranty, guess I'll crack the book open and see.

8/80 on Emissions.....never mind.

blkEsc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

I am having almost the same problems. I am getting the p0011 code and my my oil pressure light is staying on constantly. I brought it to the dealer and they are telling me they believe I have a bad oil pump and have to do a engine tear down to diagnose the problem. There is no motor knock or anything it seems to run fine like your trucks. I don't get why with that code they have to tear the motor down. Plus I asked them if they tested the oil pressure and they said no these are the steps needed to take to diagnose the problem based on bulletins set by cadillac. Any ever hear of that before?? I will also post updates as the repairs go along so maybe it will help everyone else on here and I have 59,500 miles!!! Is this something that is random or something that could of been going on for awhile. I always done synthetic oil changes. I bought this truck last year and only put 5,000 miles on it since last April. I don't drive it much at all it basically sits.

I just ordered a Delphi Fuel Pump assy. The only way you can get a regulator (sux) perfectly good running pump but its the only way to get it. Should be here Wednesday and hopefully I can install it same day. That p0011 code came up once along with the other codes p0615, p0175 & p0172
    fuel pressure is out of control high and drops like a rock when off so I'm about 99% sure its the regulator. Got no help from local dealers or mechanics since it's a not so common problem with this truck or not willing to share their experiences.

blkEsc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

After the dealer tore down the engine they are saying that the oil pump is bad and that they can't test the oil pressure accurately and that's why they haven't tested it. There is a bearing issue or something and there is oil starvation due to the screen in the oil pump being clogged and this is due to not performing oil changes. But there is not damage at all to the motor even with me driving it like that and this is what is the underlying cause to why the code p0011 and the traction control, stabilitrack cel is coming on. It makes even less sense to me now especially when there was no knocking or anything the engine ran perfect and there still is no damage after driving with it 20-30 mins.

If its under warranty, i would request replacing the whole engine for sure. Once a bearing is bad its never the same.

replaced the fuel pump module, pressure is back to normal and no codes. That fix it for me. Good luck blkEsc.

chevyracer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 esclade esv

well my buddie took his Escalade into to Cadillac today, he said they couldn't figure it out they test the electrical part of it and said that was working they said they never seen this problem before and told him to bring it back tomorrow that they would have to call Gm tech line.

Chevy Racer, do you only have the p0011 code coming up? The cam magnet replacement and 3 x 500 mile oil changes didnt work for me either.

yep just the p0011

well the verdict is in , GM told the dealer to replace the oil pump, oil pump screen, cam actuator and timing chain set

price quoted parts and labor $2675

Quote Originally Posted by chevyracer View Post
    well the verdict is in , GM told the dealer to replace the oil pump, oil pump screen, cam actuator and timing chain set

price quoted parts and labor $2675
    I'll live with it and just clear the code. After a few things add up in a few years I'll buy a crate motor for about $3500 or so and replace everything.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.