2009 Escalade is possessed with electrical demons! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2009 Escalade is possessed with electrical demons! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Although I've never had problems, lots of people have had problems with factory Delco batteries. It would seem those problems ...
    MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: 2009 Escalade is possessed with electrical demons!

Although I've never had problems, lots of people have had problems with factory Delco batteries. It would seem those problems do not discriminate, regardless of the age of the battery.

David2008ESV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade ESV

Yes, it was replaced (according to carfax) in 2011, but is the original equipment Delco battery.

I've read the same thing and logic tells me that it can't be the battery but logic and cars doesn't seem to go together much anymore these days.

Thanks

----------

So...if it is the battery, what should I get?

Another question, I notice there is a location for a second battery - do people use a second battery and if so, for what? and how do you divide it up?

Thank you

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

There is a write up in the Tech/FAQ Section sticky at the top of this section that details the second battery installation.

Perfect. Thanks very much.

Good news!!! The dealer I purchased the vehicle from, Sterling Auto Sales, Franktown, CO - was AMAZING throughout my entire ordeal. Even responding to text messages I sent the sales rep over the weekend. He was more than willing to offer suggestions and help, by Sunday when I thought I was at my wits end, he told me he would call the Cadillac dealership on Monday and between his ASE certified mechanics and the dealership they would fix whatever was wrong with my Escalade ESV.

This morning (monday) i decided to give it one last chance on the trickle charger...the time before I tried it and it showed it was fully charged. This morning I put it on and this time it definitely showed in the red. So I left it on for about four hours and it cranked right up. I called Sterling Auto Sales and told them about it and the first words out of my sales rep's mouth was, "great! I'll order you a new battery right now and text you when it is here. We will install a new one for you, you shouldn't have these problems and I'm very sorry you had to go through this experience."

Wow! Honestly I was not expecting this at all...I thought "real customer service" was dead, but they showed me that REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE is alive and well at Sterling Auto Sales!

Really, really impressed.

Shout out to Laura here on the forum as well who stepped up over the weekend and offered to help me as well!! So glad I found this forum...but I'm even happier that I bought my pre-owned Escalade from Sterling Auto Sales in Franktown, CO.

Thank you to everyone who has offered suggestions to me...I really appreciate everyone's willingness to help!

David

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by David2008ESV View Post
    Good news!!! The dealer I purchased the vehicle from, Sterling Auto Sales, Franktown, CO - was AMAZING throughout my entire ordeal. Even responding to text messages I sent the sales rep over the weekend. He was more than willing to offer suggestions and help, by Sunday when I thought I was at my wits end, he told me he would call the Cadillac dealership on Monday and between his ASE certified mechanics and the dealership they would fix whatever was wrong with my Escalade ESV.

This morning (monday) i decided to give it one last chance on the trickle charger...the time before I tried it and it showed it was fully charged. This morning I put it on and this time it definitely showed in the red. So I left it on for about four hours and it cranked right up. I called Sterling Auto Sales and told them about it and the first words out of my sales rep's mouth was, "great! I'll order you a new battery right now and text you when it is here. We will install a new one for you, you shouldn't have these problems and I'm very sorry you had to go through this experience."

Wow! Honestly I was not expecting this at all...I thought "real customer service" was dead, but they showed me that REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE is alive and well at Sterling Auto Sales!

Really, really impressed.

Shout out to Laura here on the forum as well who stepped up over the weekend and offered to help me as well!! So glad I found this forum...but I'm even happier that I bought my pre-owned Escalade from Sterling Auto Sales in Franktown, CO.

Thank you to everyone who has offered suggestions to me...I really appreciate everyone's willingness to help!

David
    Hello David,

Thank you for your feedback. We at Cadillac are always glad to hear when one of our customers has a positive experience. I am so happy your issue was taken care of and the dealership had such great customer service, replacing your battery for free. Glad to hear you are satisfied with your vehicle again. We are here to provide assistance for you. So remember, if any additional questions or concerns arise please let us know!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

texas1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

interested in finding out if the new battery fixed your problem i changed mine out and it only fixed the problem for a little bit but then came back till i found out about the cable ends been bad they replace them the problem never came back i took it to bankston chevy in north richland hills they could not replicate the problem o so they said so they could not figure it out i bought a test meter and tested the cables and sure enough current was not the same on the terminal of the battery and cable deff should look in to this the terminal are 9 bucks at auto zone i think its worth the try i hated been stranded when it would not start
    David2008ESV and David2008ESV like this.

Quote Originally Posted by texas1 View Post
    interested in finding out if the new battery fixed your problem i changed mine out and it only fixed the problem for a little bit but then came back till i found out about the cable ends been bad they replace them the problem never came back i took it to bankston chevy in north richland hills they could not replicate the problem o so they said so they could not figure it out i bought a test meter and tested the cables and sure enough current was not the same on the terminal of the battery and cable deff should look in to this the terminal are 9 bucks at auto zone i think its worth the try i hated been stranded when it would not start
    I will definitely let you know. My dealer said the same thing, he wouldn't be happy until I was driving it for a couple of weeks. The owner's wife was driving this for about a month or so with no issues whatsoever, so maybe it was just the battery. Nonetheless, I will make sure to let you know in a couple of weeks how it is going.

Thanks for the info on the cable ends - I may just buy some and have the tools in the glove box just in case.

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

You would be surprised what a defective or older battery can do to an electrical system of a car. It can create all kinds of havoc and malfunctioning equipment just from a dead cell or when the battery is near the end of it's life cycle. Hopefully the new battery will cure your problems. The stock stereo in my other Cadillac would randomly have no audio output but would be on and fully functional. After spending days trying to determine the problem and almost replacing the entire unit I did some tests on the batter and replaced it. After that there was no issues a all.

Pillow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade ESV & 2005 CTS-V

We had a similar issue with the ESV cutting out and going completely dead... DEAD. At about 48,000 miles.

The local Chevy dealer we first brought it into was worthless and we just wasted time with those jerks. FWIW NEVER go to Country Chevrolet in Warrenton - amateur night all around.

So we ended up stranded in our driveway on a Saturday evening... Called 1-800-Cadillac service. A representative from Moore Cadillac came right out to the house and diagnosed the real problem within 5 minutes. A corroded negative battery cable! Too much resistance was throwing the sensitive electronics off. He did not have a replacement cable on the truck, so I made my own cable from some car audio OFC and have been fine ever since... About two months ago now. That being said I plan on taking the ESV in for proper repairs in two weeks. To Moore of course.

Also do not trust Wal-Mart MAXX batteries. The replacement in our old '05 ESV literally blew up! Just stick with Delco IMO.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Pillow View Post
    We had a similar issue with the ESV cutting out and going completely dead... DEAD. At about 48,000 miles.

The local Chevy dealer we first brought it into was worthless and we just wasted time with those jerks. FWIW NEVER go to Country Chevrolet in Warrenton - amateur night all around.

So we ended up stranded in our driveway on a Saturday evening... Called 1-800-Cadillac service. A representative from Moore Cadillac came right out to the house and diagnosed the real problem within 5 minutes. A corroded negative battery cable! Too much resistance was throwing the sensitive electronics off. He did not have a replacement cable on the truck, so I made my own cable from some car audio OFC and have been fine ever since... About two months ago now. That being said I plan on taking the ESV in for proper repairs in two weeks. To Moore of course.

Also do not trust Wal-Mart MAXX batteries. The replacement in our old '05 ESV literally blew up! Just stick with Delco IMO.
    Hi Pillow,

Thanks for sharing your information on this forum. I am sorry you had a bad experience at your local Chevrolet dealership. However, am happy to hear the Cadillac service phone number was helpful and was able to send a representative from a certified different dealership. Glad to know your vehicle has been running good for a couple months now. Please reach out to us if you have other concerns or issues you would like assistance with!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.