Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Dealerships - The good and the bad

46K views 89 replies 67 participants last post by  SoCalESV 
#1 · (Edited)
Dealerships - The good ones and the bad ones

People mostly complain about poor dealership service, but every once in a while there are actually dealers that go above and beyond. Lets create a thread and get these dealers some attention. Hopefully the good dealers will get some extra customers and the not so good will be forced to change their tactics.

If we are fortunate enough to have to have multiple pages of dealer reviews, one can use the forum search box to search by name of dealer or city to see if anyone has posted any info.

Don Thornton Cadillac in Tulsa OK has always treated me right.

Huber Cadillac in Omaha NE I would say also treated me right, although I had an issue once or twice they did make it right.

Vaughn Automotive IA salesmen were a little sketchy but called me back to seal the deal after I walked out.

So lets hear it people, the good and the bad. Try to keep it short so its an easy read.

See less See more
#6 ·
Crestmont Cadillac in Beechwood, Ohio has sold me my last two caddys. I was treated pretty good on the first car, and treated even better on the second one. I think there is a whole new management and sales team there now. They gave me more than I was expecting for the 1st one when I traded it for the second one. They also gave me what I felt was a very decent deal on the second one. While I was doing the deal on this latest caddy, I was concerned about warranty work and service. They immediately took me out to the service department and let me walk around and ask the service techs questions. Everyone treated me great, and was not shy about answering my questions. I will be doing all my warranty and service work with them. I was going to Montrose Cadillac in Hermitage, Pa. They had been pretty good for the service work until new management decided to have the service people start doing things to make more money off of their customers. Finally, the GREAT service manager and top service tech quit due to the underhanded stunts management was making them do. So, needless to say, I found out first hand about these tactics when I took my old caddy to them for an easy service call, and they tried giving me a list of ridiculous items they felt were in dire need of attention. Long story short.....No more Montrose, and love Crestmont, even though they are twice the distance for me. Oh, and for the next four years Crestmont has free valet service. They will bring a loaner to my house, and take my car back to perform the service!!!

#7 ·
Sid Dillon Cadillac in Nebraska was awesome to work with, Sewell Cadillac in Dallas is horrible with service issues & customer service in their Sales department. While having my car serviced at Sewell Dallas as a long time customer I asked to test drive a new Buick Enclave & was not allowed because the Salesman thought I was not a serious buyer, a few weeks later I flew out to Nebraska to buy my Escalade at Sid Dillon who negotiated an awesome deal without all the stress normally involved & drove to Omaha to pick me up at the airport. Sewell Dallas then has left my detailed motor covered in grease & oil hand prints after service, they have broken my sun visor, scratched my rear bumper & told me things that were just flat out false about my car before I jumped ship on them. It was about 5 strikes before I learned that it was a companywide issue.

#16 ·
Colonial Cadillac in Virginia Beach provided me years of exceptional service and friendly, first-name-basis type of business. I thoroughly missed that when I moved and took my 2010 CTS to JC Harris Cadillac in Wilson, NC. Just wanted a hassle-free oil change. What I ended up with was no filters being changed and a salesman harrassing me the whole time about buying a 2011 CTS...lol!

#19 ·
From my experience, even though dealerships are exclusive. The problems I find come from the kind of manufacturer, brand of vehicle so to speak. Dealerships are left to deal with the problems that manufacturers create by cost cutting or lack of respect for the buyer. Or on lack of knowledge of the buyer. I have never owned a Lexus but bought one for my parents and have had a few friends that have owned them and have always heard good things. I have had great C/S when I owned Nissans. Audi's C/S is good. I'm yet to have a problem with my RR so time will tell how that one goes. Bottom line all dealerships are in the business to make money. Where that stems from is how they treat the customer. Some manufacturers have gotten the idea and others still have not. No dealer is perfect and I'm not trying to bad mouth anyone but only on this forum have I seen people get utterly disregarded and disrespected by the dealer/manufacturer and still come back and buy again. C/S, dealers, and manufacturer's will only change if you get their attention. And that is by sales.

#20 ·
I would like to add Capital Cadillac in Atlanta to this thread! They have been awesome to work with--from a sales and service perspective. They have been in business since the 1930's in Atlanta. It is cool as they have all sorts of vintage photos around the dealership showing them selling Cadillacs over the years. When we bought our first Cadillac, we were in and out in about 45 minutes!

#22 ·
Hi I purchased my Cadillac Escalade ESV from Classic Cadillac in Mentor Ohio. At the time (2007) they had the best salespeople who really cared and took lots of time to work out a great deal. Upon my first visit to have the Escalade serviced there because the power tailgate stopped working correctly(it would open on it's own in hot weather unless you turned off the switch in the truck and then the remote would not work to open it) the service manager told me it was the correct operation for the gate, but it was not. I immediately called Cadillac Customer Support, while in the service department, and explained everything, and then forced the service manager to speak to them. I am not sure what was said, but all of a sudden, they gave me a new Cadillac to drive while the Escalade was being serviced, and the truck was immediately pulled into the service shop. I received a call it was complete, and then they admitted there was a short in the wiring harness. From that day forward, I used Classic Buick GMC in Painesville,Ohio who is owned by a different owner (even though it had the same Classic name, it is owned by an owner who really cares) for all my service, and have NEVER had any issue with them. They are the best!(I would have bought the Escalade from them, but they can't sell brand new Cadillacs because they are only authorized by GM to sell Buicks and GMC's). I have bought every vehicle from them since 1992 and never had any service issue with them. I previously used Crestmont Cadillac, but they refused to repair my 1991 Cadillac Brougham under warranty (bumper to bumper) as the power antenna stopped working and they refused to repair it so that's when I discovered Classic Buick GMC who gladly did the repairs without issue. They are really the best!

#23 ·
Hello Laneseja,

I am glad to hear you found a dealership you have trust in and never had a service issue with. I hope you are still enjoying your Escalade ESV! If there are ever concerns or questions that arise, don't hesitate to contact us via private message. We are here to assist the best we can!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

#24 ·
I don't buy vehicles very often but purchased my first Cadillac at Arnold Palmer Cadillac (APC), ('87 Eldorado) in Charlotte NC. They relocated to Pineville on the outskirts of Charlotte and there I purchased my second Cadillac ('97 Eldorado). My salesman Tommy Manion who has since retired was very helpfull and very professional. Several years later I purchased a '99 Yukon in 2001 from an individual who had purchased it as a lease off from APC. He kept it a year and then sold it to me. He had purchased the transferable extended warranty from APC so I had it transferred to me. Long story short, After several years I took it to a local Checvrolet dealership for some warranty repairs prior to the warranty expiring and learned the warranty company went belly up so I thought I was left holding the bag. I decided to contact APC and when I explained my delimna they said no problem the warranty was purchsed from here and to bring in and they'll take care of it. The repairs were about over $1800 and they footed the entire bill other than my $50 deductable. THAT IS WHAT I CALL EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!. So when I decided to replace the Yukon I called upon Cadillac of South Charlotte (formerly APC) again and purchased a very nice '10 Escalade at a very reasonable price. Joe Tomasello was the salesman and he went out of his way to meet my needs.

1+ Cadillac of South Charlotte

Reactions: Lugz
#25 ·
Hi 2kflhr,

Thanks for sharing your view point on dealerships. I am happy you were treated properly and think the customer service at the dealer was excellent. I am glad when customers find a dealer they trust and want to work with. That is how it should be! If concerns or questions arise, don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message. We are here to assist!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

#27 ·
DeVoe Cadillac in Naples, Florida, exemplifies the very best of the Cadillac brand and experience. Dick Knesbeck and Tim Blaskovich know how to genuinely treat people. My best experiences and dealings have been with DeVoe and Messrs. Knesbeck and Blaskovich.

#30 ·
Hello Cadillac_Fan,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the dealer. Glad you found a dealership you enjoy working with and have had positive experiences at. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if any concerns or questions arise!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

I have purchased countless Grand Cherokee's and Cadillac's from Burke Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC (they used to sell Jeep) they have been in business for 100+ years, and they have always treated us great, been buying cars/trucks/suv's from them since the 80's, they are in South Jersey
Hi hcvone,

I am happy to hear you have been treated great at the dealer you mentioned. I love hearing about customer's positive experiences with dealerships. I am sure people around your region will appreciate you mentioning a dealer that is great to work with. I see you have a 2013 CTS-V Coupe. I hope you are enjoying your most recent Cadillac. If there are ever questions or concerns you have, please reach out to us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

#31 ·
Sewell Cadillac Houston...love the new facility, truly is a work of architecture. Service is effin outstanding! I would recommend this dealership to anyone sale/service.

Over the years I have owned Audi, Lexus, BMW & Benz. I sold the Audi with 7k mi because I haaaated their service & the car was hell. BMW was decent. Lexus & Benz was above & beyond but not near as nice facility as Sewell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.