Dealerships - The good and the bad - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Dealerships - The good and the bad in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Sewell Cadillac Houston...love the new facility, truly is a work of architecture. Service is effin outstanding! I would recommend this ...
    LowNslow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Re: Dealerships - The good and the bad

Sewell Cadillac Houston...love the new facility, truly is a work of architecture. Service is effin outstanding! I would recommend this dealership to anyone sale/service.

Over the years I have owned Audi, Lexus, BMW & Benz. I sold the Audi with 7k mi because I haaaated their service & the car was hell. BMW was decent. Lexus & Benz was above & beyond but not near as nice facility as Sewell.

Caddy2489 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Cadillac Village Norwood MA

I bring my Escalade here for warranty work they have been great except the last time I brought it in they
    couldn't find the problem I was describing. I brought the tech on a ride a week later after GM contacts the
    dealer and then he personally experienced what I was talking about but when they fixed it I still had to pay my warranty deductible Other than that a good dealership

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Just a quick shout out to Braman Cadillac in Miami.

I have gone to many a GM dealership over the years to maintain/repair all my GM vehicles, and I have yet to find a more professional and courteous outfit. Over the last few months I have stopped several times to have my TPMS flashed, little wheel well liner tabs replaced, brake pedal greased, tire rubber removed from my bumper, and other small things and they've always done it on the spot and without charging me a dime. Although it would seem obvious that any GM dealership should do this as part of good customer service, as we all know it is not the case ... they often will try to make you book an appointment for the simplest thing and will charge you for it as well.

Braman is a very big dealership which sells several brands, their service operation is on a massive scale which would make them prone to treating owners and their vehicles like cattle, yet in my experience they have excelled in personal customer service and have not disappointed me once

DJHancock is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Heritage Cadillac in Lombard IL and Motor Werks Cadillac in Barrington IL, both have great service. Although Heritage had the best waiting room I've ever had to wait in. Big screen TV, free coffee/hot chocolate machine, bottle water, cookies, snack packs, and a variety of of healthy items to nibble on.

Stay away from Patrick Cadillac in Schaumburg IL, the worst experience of my life. Waited over 10 minutes for someone to help me. Only reason they did, my car was "blocking" the entrance to the service department. Guy came over to ask me to move it.

LaVaDog is offline Cadillac Owners Member

stay away from Cadillac of South Charlotte!! Absolute Crooks!

Quote Originally Posted by LaVaDog View Post
    stay away from Cadillac of South Charlotte!! Absolute Crooks!
    I think folks are going to need a little more info than that if they are to consider your advice.

LaVaDog is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by soulsea View Post
    I think folks are going to need a little more info than that if they are to consider your advice.
    The story is long and argues however here are the events that led to me to this conclusion;
    #1 = Called to inquire about an Escalade they had for sale I had located on-line via their website. I told them I was Raleigh and roughly 3 hours away (6 hours round trip) from them and would like to make the trip to see the vehicle (based on a high level of interest with the facts they had presented in their ad). I was told that to come down as soon as I wanted to view the vehicle by a young lady who was answering the internet inquiries. I also had pointed out things in the pictures to her that I would want to be corrected to consider moving forward in my interests. She followed up and said they would in fact correct the issue (missing tow hitch cover).
    #2= I made arrangements to drive down to then only find out that they have put the pictures and description on-line without even completing the "take-in" process. It was 9ft up in the air in the service area with the oil pan removed correcting an oil leak, a dent/scratch in the front driver side bumper, a missing piece of chrome in the rear bumper, among other issues that were clearly not addressed and ready for presentation to potential customers. The young lady I spoke to claimed she was not aware that it wasn't ready and said that they are required to put vehicles online as soon as they are turned in. Keeping an open mind, I allowed the salesperson to take me through the vehicle which turned up other significant issues that they claimed would be completely addressed upon further review by their service technicians. I do realize that I am looking at a used 2007 model and that there are going to be things that are not "brand new", so I was patient in considering these factors.
    #3- After spending more than three hours with them discussing the options for purchase of this vehicle, which involved them completely correcting the issues identified, and the opportunity to test drive the vehicle after completion and delivery to my home in Raleigh (no strings attached), I decided to proceed with negotiating with them on a price with a combination of cash downpayment and financing. Upon which I was told that if I was not happy with the vehicle when it was delivered they would "make it right". My check would not be cashed or deposited until the vehicle was delivered. Wrong, my check was deposited the next business day well before they had completed the transaction or delivered the vehicle. I called the Finance Manager to discuss why this occurred after specifically asking him the question about the fund being deposited only after I was satisfied with the vehicle and he claimed that he couldn't hold the check because of a potential audit.
    #4- They left me with the commitment of having the vehicle delivered to my home in Raieigh within 2-3 days after the transaction when in fact it ended up taking in excess of 7 days and again I considered the issues that needed to be corrected and was ok with the extended time, because they are were going to "make it right" and taking time to do so was the right thing to do.
    #5- Upon delivery of the vehicle, remember I could not look thoroughly through the interior because of it being on the lift in the service area, I noted that there were several cosmetic issues (missing visor mirrors, missing driver side floor mat, hole in floor/carpet, melted candy in the center console) that were not clear to me and I had been told they would "clean it up and make it right". From my perspective they had spend very little time or effort detailing it before they decided to drive it down to me because it was already sold in their minds. At this point, since they had already cashed my check - I felt trapped in the deal. I tried to be logical about their commitments and had them once again tell me that they would make things right if I was not happy.
    #6 - So here we are 4 weeks after taking delivery of the vehicle and I am noticing oil spots on my driveway, remember they had the oil pan removed when I showed up and they were "correcting" an oil leak. I contact them and inform them that I am now seeing an oil leak from the same area that they had fixed and wanted to know how they wanted to address this since it was a repair they made during the take in process not a issue with that came along with the age of the vehicle. Remember, it is a 6 hour round trip to bring in back to them so I tried to run through scenarios with the logistics of this transaction. Their service manager, after several discussions, came to an agreement that I could take the vehicle to a local (Cary) Cadillac dealership to diagnose where the leak was coming from and at that point determine the next steps in getting my local dealership payment for the repairs. I agreed and took it in for review with the impression that Cadillac of South Charlotte would work with my local dealership on the diagnostic and repair of the issue when in fact once the root cause of the issue was determined, Cadillac of South Charlotte decided that they now want the vehicle brought in for their own technicians to address. Noting that the issue was the oil pan gasket was not properly installed from the "in take" process. They proposed again that I drive it back to them to have them make the repair. (6 hours+ $100 worth of fuel). Upon further rationalization of this suggesting they offered to send someone to get it with a loaner car. In addition to the oil leak my local Cadillac dealer noted that one of the motor mounts is broken and leaking hydraulic fluid also and that it should have been caught during the "in take" and/or NC inspection process. My local dealershiper states that they would not put a vehicle on their lot with a broken motor mount but Cadillac of South Charlotte states that they would as long as it passed inspection.

My impression of Cadillac of South Charlotte was that they service their customers well and are concerned with the quality of vehicles they sell to their customers. They have now proven to me that they are like many "no-name" dealerships who just want to make a sale and do not care what they put out as long as they do it fast and make a buck.

Am I off in left field here? I would like to think not.. but maybe I am just expecting more than I will ever get for a purchase of such value.

In closing, I am new to this forum although I was frequently a participant in Ford F-150 forums from my previous vehicle never encountering a Ford customer service representatives make entries into the forum and am wondering how the interaction with Cadillac works? I have been offered support by them in making an appointment which I had already done. Do they truly help their customers?

36dbldz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade

Fields Cadillac in St. Augustine FL is a great spot. Dan Fravel will take care of you

snidebj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Escalade

The Valley Cadillac dealership in Rochester, NY rocks! After making 2 trips of 9 hours each and having to stay over while their technicians tried to cure the vibrations to no success. The Valley Cadillac dealership and Cadillac offered to purchase the Escalade back!!! Everything was done in an atmosphere of complete professionalism and extremely courteous smooth manner. They handled all the paperwork, documentation, numerous phone calls to GM, you name it and they handled it. Everything! I met the wonderful owner of The Valley Cadillac she could not have been more cordial and accommadating. She made sure the process was flawless. The general sales manager attention to details in this buy back process and purchasing process was fantastic. The service manager and general service manager trying to diagnose and correct the issues were spot on. If I have missed someone I apologize but as I told the owner - you have the most professional, friendly and courteous staff that I have had the pleasure of doing business with. It was an unbelievable experience for sure.

But we cannot forget the salesman Frank that took me through entire process from selling of the original 2013 Escalade,
    the service process of trying to fix the vehicle, the buyback procedures, all the phone calls and emails Frank handled it in the most phenominal, caring and seamless fashion. He was right there the entire time. I was basically called upon to do not a thing. It was an almost transparent process. Before I knew it it was a done deal.

But the most important fact is that Frank handled the delivery of a new 2014 Escalade just like he did with the 2013 Escalade as if I were a new customer. Frank you are the best.

I am now a PROUD owner of a new 2014 Cadillac Escalade from The Valley Cadillac.

wangstarr03 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Anyone have experiences with any of the dealerships in the DC/MD/VA area other than Moore Cadillac in Chantilly? Specifically Jim Coleman Cadillac in Bethesda, Md or Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria, Va?

I've been using the dealer I purchased my truck from for service et al (GM dealer albeit Chevrolet) and it's becoming a hassle driving back and forth from there (it's a decent hike). I'd consider making the trip to Chantilly since it's a dedicated Cadillac dealer but would prefer something closer. Really surprised actually that there is no Cadillac dealership in Tyson's Corner.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wangstarr03 View Post
    Anyone have experiences with any of the dealerships in the DC/MD/VA area other than Moore Cadillac in Chantilly? Specifically Jim Coleman Cadillac in Bethesda, Md or Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria, Va?

I've been using the dealer I purchased my truck from for service et al (GM dealer albeit Chevrolet) and it's becoming a hassle driving back and forth from there (it's a decent hike). I'd consider making the trip to Chantilly since it's a dedicated Cadillac dealer but would prefer something closer. Really surprised actually that there is no Cadillac dealership in Tyson's Corner.

Thanks!
    Do not be fooled by the spiffy waiting rooms at Lindsey Cadillac, they have one of the worse service departments I have ever encountered in my life.

Here's my post on the subject from another thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3248757

Big Windy Ext is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Caddy EXT

Heritage Cadillac in Lombard was great till they lost my service writer to BMW, then I started getting pitched heavy for brake fluid changes and the like . Final straw was in the body shop. They put on a heavily chipped (painted over) front bumper and insisted it was my bumper. I used to hand wax my truck and knew every inch of her body. I have been using Naperville Cadillac ever since, Even their detail shop manager Ramone gives me a chuckle or a peek at a Bentley under a car cover because he knows I'm a car nut. I don't know how many stone chips are on the front of my truck anymore, but was it really worth it at Heritage ???
    Jerry
    Downers Grove Il

Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum / 2010 SRX Premium

Paul Conti Cadillac NY... I can only speak about the Service Department... The tech team damages more items than they fix. Famous for " No Problem Found" I have had broken clips, scratched wood trim, grease on headliner and carpet, Screws left off after service, Trim replaced and improperly installed, did not even leave the lot on all of the above items, multiple service visits. The Service department (writer) is great, but they have him tied to the desk. Sad, moving on to Sarrant NY (they have done service in the past, tried to stay close to home, but it did not work, so I'll drive a bit further and get the service done right. as soon as they finish the open items (unless they damage something else)
    smoke13264 likes this.

smoke13264 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 escalade had 04 ext

I agree paul conti was and is the worst I had to drive to hauppauge to get my truck fixed right sad. Also don't trust the service advisor they seemed ok but that was a lie lol.

bbjorklund99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS, 2008 Escalade EXT

i have nothing but good things to say about Dondelinger Cadillac in Brainerd, MN. I recently bought my second Cadillac from them. They made buying a car fun. Their prices were competitive and everyone we came into contact were friendly and helpful. They went beyond what they needed to do with regards to making our experience a positive one. I would recommend this dealership to anyone in the market for a new or used Cadillac. The service department is great to deal with as well.

Brad

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.