Cold Air Intake - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Cold Air Intake in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I'm also looking for one, and there are some on eBay for $66- $$250. Some are blue and some are ...
    Rob03ext is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 escalade ext

Re: Cold Air Intake

I'm also looking for one, and there are some on eBay for $66- $$250. Some are blue and some are red. What do you guys think about them? Anybody bought cai from eBay?

LowNslow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

k&n filter in my stock box...if I were to buy one the only one id consider is Volant. The 'open filter' under the hood seems like it'd suck in nothing but hot air vs a box with a snorkel pulling cooler air in from outside the engine bay. Plus anything with metal piping looks nice but seems to defeat the purpose of cai as well as metal retains heat & your heating the air pulling in. Just my opinion...

hemiwin6.2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade

Check out Cold Air Inductions kit. It looks extremely well designed. It has an encloses insulated box, ceramic coated tube, ect.

I ordered one, but it is on backorder.

36dbldz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade
    So would a volant with a dry filter on a 2010 be awight?

gdirty5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

I'm curious too. Hear great things about volant, air raid, and k&n but has anyone tested these to see which has the best gains? Fuel mileage increase, or sound?
    I have a 2010 also...

Royalton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 Escalade

I have a Volant. I went with the oil filter as it has a higher flow rate. Between like 3000-3700 I get a wohhhhhhh sound. before or after that range same as stock. It makes you think the engine is more powerful. Either way I prefer the growl of the raw engine or exhaust better. But people riding in my car say it sounds more powerful. I think Volant is good. Oil filter relube bottle should be 1/4 the size that it is as people would use it more conservatively than. Oil filters are good, it's the people over applying the oil that are not

FlipEXT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I also have a Volant intake and man do I love the sound. The truck both feels and sounds more powerful than its stock counterparts. I test drove a few other Escalades and when I test drive the one I have now with the intake it was love at first sound.. I know my jokes are corny but I am extremely happy.

hemiwin6.2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade

Ok, I got my new Cold Air Inductions inc. intake, and installed it. This thing is by far the nicest CAI I have ever had. I have put an intake on every vehicle I have ever owned including several K&N's (metal & plastic) , Volant, custom LegMaker for my SRT8, to custom Steiger for my wife's caravan and my Samurai.
    I would have to think that this intake would make more power than any other simply because of the design. I have no proof, I can't honestly say that I have ever really felt a difference with any intake, other than sound.
    This intake is essentially a Volant that is made out of ceramic coated aluminum with a foil bubble insulated box and a clear window on top to view the filter. It is made with extreme attention to detail.

The only downfall is that it cost $380. They also say that it only increases 11 HP and 5 tq. I honestly believe it will outperform any other no matter what they "claim".

I recommend you check them out if you are looking for a CAI
    K9Caddy and K9Caddy like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.