Tinted windows
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Tinted windows in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I'm tired of my rear windows being factory tint it's to easy to see through so what have any of ...
    ESCALADE132 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade

Tinted windows

I'm tired of my rear windows being factory tint it's to easy to see through so what have any of you put over your factory tint to darken them? 20percent? Anyone have pics of your tint and how dark it is would help
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Tinted windows

I think I had 20 added to the back of mine, shop said that would make it close to .5. You might be able to see shadows. Its quite dark and I like it. We did 15 on the front and its not dark enough. Ill try to find a pic.

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

20% over ur rear windows will be about 5%.... so tint the front 5% and ur good

murphy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum

Here is what it looks like..not sure tint value as I purchased like this..It is the same as the rear..I can say looks good imo..difficult to see out at night and certainly illegal here...had one warning already but I'll risk it for the looks...for concealment of cargo I purchased the Caddie roller shade...another somewhat cheezy Caddie product that has a spring that tends to rattle when retracted. I do not generally keep the shade in the vehicle for this reason and of course it is ineffective with the rear seat set in place.

Thanks for your help I'm going to put 20 on the factory, I have 20 on the fronts for now because once in awhile not much but my wife drives myEscalade and she hates any kind of tint but she's going to have to learn to live with it. I have always had 5 percent on ll my cars I like it so you can't see in. I'm also lucky because I have FOP tags and a badge to help me out!

2007XTSDub is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post

Here is what it looks like..not sure tint value as I purchased like this..It is the same as the rear..I can say looks good imo..difficult to see out at night and certainly illegal here...had one warning already but I'll risk it for the looks...for concealment of cargo I purchased the Caddie roller shade...another somewhat cheezy Caddie product that has a spring that tends to rattle when retracted. I do not generally keep the shade in the vehicle for this reason and of course it is ineffective with the rear seat set in place.
    That looks really good! Going have to do that to mine. Thanks for sharing those pics

MrSplenda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade Premium

Before I tinted my beautiful Black Ice Escalade....

And after I tinted her 4% ALL around. It is currently the darkest tint on the market; it's even darker than "limo" tint (5%). It is EXTREMELY difficult to see outside from inside the vehicle and impossible to see the inside from the outside with the exception of the windscreen (I am going to get that tinted 40-60% this summer) along with the moon roof (4%). It has absolutely transformed the look of my ride and I get a ton of accolades. Cops have given me the eye when I drive by, but they have never pulled me over for it.

Looks good I really am tired of my rear windows being factory! How much did they charge?

Rich909 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 1961 Cadillac DeVille

Quote Originally Posted by MrSplenda View Post

Before I tinted my beautiful Black Ice Escalade....

And after I tinted her 4% ALL around. It is currently the darkest tint on the market; it's even darker than "limo" tint (5%). It is EXTREMELY difficult to see outside from inside the vehicle and impossible to see the inside from the outside with the exception of the windscreen (I am going to get that tinted 40-60% this summer) along with the moon roof (4%). It has absolutely transformed the look of my ride and I get a ton of accolades. Cops have given me the eye when I drive by, but they have never pulled me over for it.
    The lowest I've seen is 3%. We call it Double Limo.

http://www.maxprofilms.com/adv_tech_auto_tech.html

bstiffmanofsteel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

You couldn't pull that off here in Chicago. They'd ticket you to no end!

K9Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black

In IL, you can have the windows behind the driver and passenger as dark as you'd like. The front two are the issue. The new law states that the front need to allow 35% of light in. If the front appears lighter than the rear windows, they don't bother in my area. Plus, the trooper would have to have a device to detect what exact window tint you have in front, in order to issue a ticket. I just stayed with 20% on the front, seems to match the stock tint in the rear quite well. No issues with the police, but I also have "disabled vet tags".

MrSplenda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Rich909 View Post
    The lowest I've seen is 3%. We call it Double Limo.

http://www.maxprofilms.com/adv_tech_auto_tech.html
    I stand corrected, wish I would have got the 3% now!

I don't mind if they try to give me a ticket. They have to have that device, plus traffic violations are very hard to hold up in court.

Caddie Shak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Hoop-D

Quote Originally Posted by bstiffmanofsteel View Post
    You couldn't pull that off here in Chicago. They'd ticket you to no end!
    You wouldn't make it ten miles in CA either. They'd give you the choice of having the vehicle impounded, or peel the tint off the front side windows right there on the side of the road.

You guys are right as far as getting a ticket I'm a retired Deputy Sheriff and we don't have to carry a gun in order to see how dark the tint is. We write a equipment repair order and you have 10 days to report to Motor Vehicles Administration and the have State Troopers their that tesf it. If it passes they sign off the repair order if it fails you have 10 days to remove it and have it reinspected. If you don't respond to the repair order at all the will suspend your registration. As far as I know no Officers carry anything for tint I know the State of MD, VA and a few others for sure don't. Its the Officers discretion to pull you over for tint and up to them if they want to write you up or not

CStradling24 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS, 2008 Escalade EXT

In Ohio, more specifically Cincinnati Police Department we did carry the tint guns occasionally. I know a lot of local departments always have them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.