Tinted windows - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Tinted windows in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I had 3% on all the sides of my last car and 35% on the windshield... It didn't take me ...
    JHC828 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV Platinum / Sierra Denali / Infiniti FX50S & M45

Re: Tinted windows

I had 3% on all the sides of my last car and 35% on the windshield... It didn't take me long to get a ticket. They have gotten VERY strict here in AR. When I got the current escalade, I had my tint shop "match" the 2 fronts to the rear, I believe it was 15% they applied. Then I had them do 40% on the windshield. It's very light but just enough to take the glare off of things in the day and headlights at night. I've tinted the windshield on the last 4 or 5 vehicles I've had and will never be without it again.

mstymntntop is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Blue Chip Escalade

The State Troopers in NC (at least in my area) care the guns to check and will get anyone that has a tint that is to restrictive. I live in an area close to two military bases, so I think it is the fact they know they can find some tickets.

Then again, I got pulled twice on the way to work for an expired tag by state troopers and got a ticket for the first and obviously no ticket the second time. It was legitimate as I thought my transfer also extended the renewal time...ooopps. Just got it renewed and it was dropped.

clk199 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrSplenda View Post
    Before I tinted my beautiful Black Ice Escalade.... And after I tinted her 4% ALL around. It is currently the darkest tint on the market; it's even darker than "limo" tint (5%). It is EXTREMELY difficult to see outside from inside the vehicle and impossible to see the inside from the outside with the exception of the windscreen (I am going to get that tinted 40-60% this summer) along with the moon roof (4%). It has absolutely transformed the look of my ride and I get a ton of accolades. Cops have given me the eye when I drive by, but they have never pulled me over for it.
    I know this is an old thread.... but the above truck looks AWESOME! I just did my EXT with 15% over all 5 windows, and kinda wish I went a bit darker. I was trying to match what my old truck had (previous owner did it) and I thought for sure it was 15 over factory tint, but now I believe it was 5% over factory... I just hate to re-pay for another expensive tint job and suspect it would look GREAT to anyone else, but I just want it darker! I will try to post pics soon. FWIW, I used Pinnacle 15 and its a quality tint which isnt hard to see out of whatsoever. Perhaps I need to see if the tinted will hook me up with a re-do!!!-nate

texas1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i did mine 5% rear 35% front and 35% windshield ill try to post a pic

ESCALADE132 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade
    I put 15% over factory which brought it to 4% and put 5% on the front 2 windows which read 4% on the meter so all the way around I have 4% and it looks great!

gdirty5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

That's 20% wincos tint all around and 60 on the windshield. It really blocks the heat better than the ceramic tint I had on my Porsche

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.