DVD Picture Front Nav Screen Problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, DVD Picture Front Nav Screen Problem in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Menu screen all OK. Radio / CD's all play fine.....but DVD movie playback picture on front screen will flicker/breakup constantly ...
    tiptoes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Esv 2007

DVD Picture Front Nav Screen Problem

Menu screen all OK. Radio / CD's all play fine.....but DVD movie playback picture on front screen will flicker/breakup constantly with shifter in Park. Rear screens are both OK .......any help please!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

quattrotman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade EXT

Re: DVD Picture Front Nav Screen Problem

Maybe a stupid question but are the DVD's you're playing clean and free from scratches?

Yes DVDs are clean and scratch free.......tried several different movies same picture...flickering with lines/breaking video
    It played fine a few weeks ago with gearshift on "PARK".........I almost think it might be something wrong with switch or sensor in gearshift???

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Is your vehicle under warranty, still? Have you checked with your local dealer about this issue? If you want me to make an appointment for you at the dealer just let me know.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

out of warranty.....
    have not phoned to dealer

just wondering if others have experienced this with their front screen playback when shited into P-park

Drove in to local dealership
    Service advisor puzzled by this....said to make later appointment they will bring in an experienced stereo installer for advice $$$$

When shift to PARK driver screen with movie picture that is broken and repeats/bounces....this happens with different DVDs

Please anyone help needed DIY ???

fberkowitz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Hi "tiptoes":

I am currently seeing this exact problem in my CTS-V Coupe. Did you ever get this fixed?

Even though my car is still under warranty, I am worried about bringing this to the dealer before I know what the problem is. I'd like to avoid multiple repair attempts, ripping the dash apart, etc. While the car is in Park, I've tried revving the engine, and when I do so, the problem goes away. This would indicate a voltage sensitivity or electrical noise issue.

----------

Hi "tiptoes":

I am currently seeing this exact problem in my CTS-V Coupe. Did you ever get this fixed?

Even though my car is still under warranty, I am worried about bringing this to the dealer before I know what the problem is. I'd like to avoid multiple repair attempts, ripping the dash apart, etc. While the car is in Park, I've tried revving the engine, and when I do so, the problem goes away. This would indicate a voltage sensitivity or electrical noise issue.

Quote Originally Posted by fberkowitz View Post
    Hi "tiptoes":

----------

Hi "tiptoes":

Hello fberkowitz,

I am sorry to hear you are also experiencing a DVD navigation screen issue. I understand your hesitation in wanting to bring your vehicle into the dealer before learning more about the problem. Continue to stay engaged with the community on this forum. If you want to further discuss this concern or have any other issues, please private message me so we can continue to interact.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

darrinresinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I know it has been quite some time since this post, however I am curious if you were ever able to resolve this issue. I have a 2007 experiencing the exact same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by darrinresinger View Post
    I know it has been quite some time since this post, however I am curious if you were ever able to resolve this issue. I have a 2007 experiencing the exact same issue.
    Hello darrinresinger,

I am sorry to hear of the navigation unit concern you are experiencing with your vehicle. If you are willing to work with a dealer, please let me know so I can assist throughout that process. I can be contacted via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I want the issue fixed but at this point I really don't want to spend more money at a dealer. We just had to take our escalade in for major engine issues. We wound up paying just over $4000 to have all valves and cam replaced. Now the dvd player is acting up and the vehicle seems to be experiencing a voltage issues because the lights pulse from time to time and the rpm's go up and down. I am just looking for a starting point for things to check myself. I don't claim to be a professional mechanic but I am mechanically inclined and would like to exhaust all possibilities before resorting back to the dealer again and more than likely spending another fortune. This far I have checked all grounds and they seem to be good. I am thinking possibly BCM? Any other ideas?

Ok so voltage issue is fixed. It wound up being the alternator. However the dvd player is still not functioning correctly. Does anybody have any ideas at all on this?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.