2008 Escalade Mildy Rough Idle
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2008 Escalade Mildy Rough Idle in Cadillac Escalade Forums; My 2008 has a mildy rough idle at the current idle speed RPM of 550-600 RPM. I note that a ...
    bigmac11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

2008 Escalade Mildy Rough Idle

My 2008 has a mildy rough idle at the current idle speed RPM of 550-600 RPM. I note that a small increase in idle speed of 50-100 RPM or so smooths the idle considerably. Is this an adjustment that the dealer can / will make? Any downside?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

2007caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade 07

Re: 2008 Escalade Mildy Rough Idle

Could be a series of things, has your throttle body been cleaned, what's the mileage on your vehicle....also something as simple as a clogged filter could cause the issue...I clean my TBs on all the trucks I ever owned once per year and I do see a difference in the idle...good luck

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Miles on truck?

Mike06train is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

My first though is the throttle body (as stated by 2007caddie) or dirty injectors.

Yep clean the t-body, dump a bottle of Techron, and then every 5k miles, run good gas, check air cleaner filter, all good things.

K9Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black

Clean the MAF too.. They make a special cleaner for it and it's available at your local parts store. Very easy to do...

48Dodge is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by K9Caddy View Post
    Clean the MAF too.. They make a special cleaner for it and it's available at your local parts store. Very easy to do...
    That's the one thing I still need to do. I have a can of the MAF cleaner on my shelf, just keep forgetting to do it. Cleaning the TB was the biggest fix for my idle "bump" and mileage. I had a pretty smooth idle, but about every 10 seconds or so, there'd be a little bump to it. I still get an occasional extremely subtle bump after cleaning, but I only notice it because I'm looking for it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

The dealer will definitely be able to diagnose and/or repair this issue for you. If you would like me to make an appointment at you local dealer just let me know.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

48Dodge is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by 48Dodge View Post
    That's the one thing I still need to do. I have a can of the MAF cleaner on my shelf, just keep forgetting to do it. Cleaning the TB was the biggest fix for my idle "bump" and mileage. I had a pretty smooth idle, but about every 10 seconds or so, there'd be a little bump to it. I still get an occasional extremely subtle bump after cleaning, but I only notice it because I'm looking for it.
    Just cleaned the MAF last night. I've only driven the truck a few miles in town and haven't really paid attention to the idle other than when I put everything back together. It seems like it's running smoother now.

Braknglases07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 escalade EXT

Nothing the dealer does is going to fix this problem it is something serious about this engine. I have clean the throttle body, new air filter, clean MAF, run 93 octane and put
    techron in once a month, changed plugs and wires, been into the dealer countless times they say its normal because its such a big and powerful engine, cam shaft sensor was replaced did nothing. I even bought a diablo sport tuner to see if it would correct the timing and still has the same rough idle, feels like its going to stall. My family has 3
    escalades mine an 07 parents are 08 and 11.

bigirb2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 escalade

I had to chime in on this old thread. The behavior is normal. The lean idle mixture causes this. U can tune this out by enriching the idle air fuel ratio but why do that ur wasting more gas. I am a tuner. Trust its hurting nothing. That idle usually starts to feel rough around 16afr and up. There is something u can do to help it. Run ethanol free gas but good luck w that it's really not worth it

This is NOT normal, I have had a dozen of these trucks and none idle rough with tuning, you may need to increase the idle rpm by 100 or so rpms because they are a little low stock, but it idles like my benz

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.