Which 12v switched wire should I tap into for Bluetooth accessory power?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Which 12v switched wire should I tap into for Bluetooth accessory power? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I'm installing a parrot bluetooth into my wifes 2007 escalade. For accessory power, I've been reading on this forum I ...
    GrandmasTeeth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Which 12v switched wire should I tap into for Bluetooth accessory power?

I'm installing a parrot bluetooth into my wifes 2007 escalade. For accessory power, I've been reading on this forum I should tap into a brown wire that powers the passenger mirror. I was told it is on the right side of the dash. When testing with a test light, I found 2 pairs of brown wires had switchable power. So my question to all of the folks that have done this before, which wire or pair should I tap into? See attached pic.

Thank you in advance for your advice.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CStradling24 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS, 2008 Escalade EXT

Re: Which 12v switched wire should I tap into for Bluetooth accessory power?

Did you find out the answer?

Tranzor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade Esv

Quote Originally Posted by GrandmasTeeth View Post
    I'm installing a parrot bluetooth into my wifes 2007 escalade. For accessory power, I've been reading on this forum I should tap into a brown wire that powers the passenger mirror. I was told it is on the right side of the dash. When testing with a test light, I found 2 pairs of brown wires had switchable power. So my question to all of the folks that have done this before, which wire or pair should I tap into? See attached pic.

Thank you in advance for your advice.
    which wire did you end up using? I need to find a 12v switched wire as well and I'm considering using wich ever one you used so long as it worked out good. thanks

txlaw2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

I would also like this answer since i want to install a parrot mk9200. I placed the "brain" behind the passenger side dash on the passenger side but I'm uncertain about which wire to tap. thx

TabletDash is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Me too. Tried a brown wire under the ignition with no luck

CaMs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

looking to hook hardwire by DVD headrest. Found this video of a tahoe. Should these work in our trucks?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb_ZuA-z-Rs

Look at the 7min mark. Looks like he is tapping into the same wires as the OP mentioned?

Does anyone have the schematics on what the above(in video and OP pic) wires are for. In the video hes talking about a couple of brown wires on the pass side box.

Anyone? Or Where can I get a service manual to see for myself?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.